2021 NHL General Discussion

hab29RETIRED

For this and the bullshit that transpired after this... honestly, just suspend him for the rest of this season and the playoffs. This is dangerous to a prone player against a team whose season is basically over.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

For this and the bullshit that transpired after this... honestly, just suspend him for the rest of this season and the playoffs. This is dangerous to a prone player against a team whose season is basically over.

I'd give him 20 to start next season as well ... he is a repeat and repugnant offender

8 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I'd give him 20 to start next season as well ... he is a repeat and repugnant offender

Instead he stays in the game and gets a goal. Typical.

Maybe we need to get guys like former goon George Parros and dirty ####er Chris Pronger out of the DOPS and put in guys like Marc Savard, a skilled player who lost his career to a dirty play instead. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

NHL player safety is a joke. How can this not be suspendible? 

Maybe it is because he is a FOO Fighter ... Friend of Ovechkin

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Maybe we need to get guys like former goon George Parros and dirty ####er Chris Pronger out of the DOPS and put in guys like Marc Savard, a skilled player who lost his career to a dirty play instead. 

Or get away from players entirely ... use referees and linesmen ... and make it a three person panel to avoid individual bias

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

I’ve been saying that for years. Like Savard, Bossy had his career cut short because they would never call the cross checks to the back. 
that’s the kind of guys you want leading the DOPS. It also doesn’t help you have a firmer scrub in Campbell as the VP that was in charge of officiating, along with more truclant needed Burke.

a fine is a joke. Wilson should have been suspended by the mocking he was doing in the penalty box. If his name was Sean Avery he would have been suspended.  But Wilson, another slap on the wrist. What do you expect in a league where a guy constantly gets suspended is given an “A”.

If they want a "tough guy" for some reason (they seem to) ... maybe John Scott would be better

The difference between Wilson and Scott, is that Wilson is a good hockey player outside of his shit.  This is a guy who could be a 20 goal scorer and play physical.  He could be similar to Josh Anderson if he just cut the shit out of his game. 

DOPS does nothing to deter him doing his shit though.

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Now this is a good response 

👏 about friggin time a team stepped up and called out the BS DOPS. Having said that I wish they would have specifically called out Parros’s boss! 

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Now this is a good response 

GREAT on the NYRs ... wonder what it costs them for breaking the old boys club rules

2 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

GREAT on the NYRs ... wonder what it costs them for breaking the old boys club rules

I’d say at least about 10 times the fine Wilson got.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Good on the Rangers. 

Another good name for Player Safety would be Paul Kariya. 

Trouble with getting someone like that is that his career earnings were $83,872,600, almost 14 times Parros' earnings ... as I suggested elsewhere, referees and linesmen might be good impartial arbitrators who would have respect for the safety of players

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Good on the Rangers. 

Another good name for Player Safety would be Paul Kariya. 

Kariya and Lafontaine would be logical choices - particularly Lafontaine (from what I’ve read Kariya has had little interest in involvement in hockey). Which is why I can’t see a league run by Bettman and Campbell ever making such a logical choice. Shan again was the only decent choice, but he was not what I’d call a guy who always played cleanly, but about as honest of a player that power forwards from his generation were.

2 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Trouble with getting someone like that is that his career earnings were $83,872,600, almost 14 times Parros' earnings ... as I suggested elsewhere, referees and linesmen might be good impartial arbitrators who would have respect for the safety of players

There’s very few refs that I’d want in that job. Most good refs that have a good relation with the league, would probably be gutless. DOPS is a pro Allen, but there is a bigger problem in who they report to.

8 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Steve Moore?

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I think it'll be a lot higher than that.

You’re probably right. That’s the NHL for you though. I’d be nice if other teams also responded in support of the Rangers.  I used to like Laviolette, but have zero respect for him now. Not only for his typical just a hickey scrum BS comment, but for also giving that meathead and “A”.  Caps are definitely going the broadsheet bully route now.

• dlbalr unpinned this topic