HabsWorld LOGO Contest

Hi to all of you, members of HabsWorld (and our guests friends). I'm opening a contest. It is quite simple:

Draw the HabsWorld logo, which will be used in both Forum and Website (which will open for the beginning of the next season). Your logo shall be included in a banner (but it's optional).

Specifications:

Logo size: 60 X 60 (max 65 X 65)

(Banner size: 400 X 65 pixels)

Colors suggested: Habs color theme

Suggestion/Idea: Earth, CH logo..

**Important: When you put the CH logo, we should see "HW" instead of only the "H" into the "C".. understand?

You can submit your logo in this thread or via email at content@habsworld.net.

Depending the number of participation, we'll probably take a vote.

The winner will have his logo on the #1 Fan site on the world :clap: and will have credit for the logo on a special page of the website. Well.. if some of you have free time to lose and are somewhat good at design, please try it!

Thanks!

:ghg:

BUMP...

Come on people. Is it really so hard for you to take a few minutes out of your lifes to design a logo (and maybe a banner?) ....

Give us a bit of help here , we're running low on ideas and need some original thinking , maybe one of you guys could come up with something very unique and interesting...

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Hab_Boy

Anything would be better than that 'sacreligious' banner you have on the bottom of the page.

Besides being a blatant TRADEMARK infringment (the HW in the C), it looks plain awful and makes me shudder everytime i see it.

What are you talking about? It would be against copyright laws to use the ACTUAL CH logo , altering it to include "HW" instead of "CH" is perfectly fine (as far as I know) , as for your opinion on the logo/banner , well everyone has their own tastes I guess, I happen to like it (Wasnt my creation though)

Your own website is covered in habs-logos.

[Edited on 2003-9-22 by puck7x]

Anything would be better than that 'sacreligious' banner you have on the bottom of the page.

Besides being a blatant TRADEMARK infringment (the HW in the C), it looks plain awful and makes me shudder everytime i see it.

lol

I dunno about that....I have logos all over mine yes, but did not alter the logo in any way....the HW in the C at the bottom is what I was talking about , and only half jokingly!:hlogo::lol:

But, as for infringements, I do not think there is nothing that stops a site dsplaying the habs logo (copyright)...unless i was making money from it in some way by using the logo....trademark infringement would be the same...except altering the trademarked logo for your own business purposes

[Edited on 2003/9/24 by Hab_Boy]

But, as for infringements, I do not think there is nothing that stops a site dsplaying the habs logo (copyright)...unless i was making money from it in some way by using the logo....trademark infringement would be the same...except altering the trademarked logo for your own business purposes

[Edited on 2003/9/24 by Hab_Boy]

Well I'm not sure about the exact laws on trademarks , but your right about "using for profit" , when you start making a profit partly because of the image , then your breaking the law...

Anyhoo , wont be a problem for HW... We're just a labour of love , maybe we'll have some banners up eventually , but any money made from those will pay for site costs , and the money from the banners will be minimal anyways...