Jan 21, Habs vs Canucks, 9:30 PM

tomh009

flm1582686320.jpg
https://content.sportslogos.net/logos/1/16/full/4231_montreal_canadiens-jersey-2000.png https://content.sportslogos.net/logos/1/29/full/2633_vancouver_canucks-jersey-2020.png

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Toffoli - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Byron - Evans - Lehkonen

Chiarot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Kulak - Romanov

Allen (?)

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser
Pearson - Horvat - Hoglander
Roussel - Gaudette - Virtanen
Motte - Beagle - Sutter

Edler - Schmidt
Jones - Larsson
Juolevi - Myers

• Upvote 2

Have to wonder how much longer Perry has to wait to get in the lineup ... or Frolik if they want penalty-killing ... They have the cap space now for a 13th forward ... they can yoyo Perry and Frolik to the taxi squad on off-days and protect some cap space AND the players still get the same salary as they have one-way deals ... Armia should now be on a short lease IMO ... 

10 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Have to wonder how much longer Perry has to wait to get in the lineup ... or Frolik if they want penalty-killing ... They have the cap space now for a 13th forward ... they can yoyo Perry and Frolik to the taxi squad on off-days and protect some cap space AND the players still get the same salary as they have one-way deals ... Armia should now be on a short lease IMO ... 

Armia played a solid game last night, hopefully first of many.

3 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Armia played a solid game last night, hopefully first of many.

Half a game out of 4 still leaves him on a leash IMO ... "on a short leash" didn't mean take him out tonight, just that he needs to play better ... I very much like Armia ... and I trust that his second half of the game was good, and hope he continues or even ups his game, ... but "the best hockey ... since the start of the season" doesn't necessarily mean he played well, just better ... coaches have a particular language.

6 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Half a game out of 4 still leaves him on a leash IMO ... "on a short leash" didn't mean take him out tonight, just that he needs to play better ... I very much like Armia ... and I trust that his second half of the game was good, and hope he continues or even ups his game, ... but "the best hockey ... since the start of the season" doesn't necessarily mean he played well, just better ... coaches have a particular language.

Why the sudden love for Perry and Frolik

3rd line just started clicking and 4th line is doing fine.

I think discipline and tighter coverage on the D zone are higher priorities than worrying about two old timers 

Thoughts?

Lehk - Byron - Perry 

I know Evans has been playing good and getting better.  But we’re all heathy still and some more defensive experienced (Perry) might be what we need to finish these two road games Only, before heading back to Montreal for a Deservedly five days off. If we can steal 3 out of 4 points here, ideal! 

Evans back in for Calgary 

1 minute ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

Thoughts?

Lehk - Byron - Perry 

I know Evans has been playing good and getting better.  But we’re all heathy still and some more defensive experienced (Perry) might be what we need to finish these two road games Only, before heading back to Montreal for a Deservedly five days off. If we can steal 3 out of 4 points here, ideal! 

:bonk:

22 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Why the sudden love for Perry and Frolik

3rd line just started clicking and 4th line is doing fine.

I think discipline and tighter coverage on the D zone are higher priorities than worrying about two old timers 

KK and Toffoli scoring doesn't mean the whole line was clicking ... Perry and Frolik were signed to play some games, not all, but some  ... and, BTW, I wasn't suggesting either of them play on the 3rd line ... Byron or Lehkonen would move up if Armia's game isn't consistently improved

Picked up Allen in a fantasy league I’m in today because quite often teams fail to remember how to score immediately after scoring 4 to 5 goals in a previous game.

We can also assume that coaches will want to tighten things up. It therefore could be a low scoring affair.

Unfortunately, both these teams have talented finishers who possibly have euphoric thoughts at the notion of facing backup goaltenders. 

Time will tell.

:1gohabs:

2 hours ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

Thoughts?

Lehk - Byron - Perry 

NO

Byron at C?? wheres the logic

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Right. And while Toffoli did score three goals, he was scoreless in the previous three. So if he doesn't continue or even up his game, Julien should consider dropping him to fourth line and maybe playing Belzile instead.

🤣

Just now, tomh009 said:

Right. And while Toffoli did score three goals, he was scoreless in the previous three. So if he doesn't continue or even up his game, Julien should consider dropping him to fourth line and maybe playing Belzile instead.

🤣

NOW you're thinking like a Habs' fan! 👍 Well done.

Evans has been incredibly good for a 4th line centre. I would go so far to say he has 3rd line potential. 

I hope that Allen plays really well again. Not stirring controversy but Price goes through stretches where he is awful and he has for years. 

Maybe having another capable goalie can push Price a bit. Again, not suggesting anything big here. 

Stay out of the box tonight 

48 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

🤣

I am laughing at the above too ... 

Play does not get evaluated just on goals ... Toffoli was getting his chances even when he didn't score ... however, overall, Armia has not played up to his norm this season and IMO should be put on a short leash.

36 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Evans has been incredibly good for a 4th line centre. I would go so far to say he has 3rd line potential. 

I hope that Allen plays really well again. Not stirring controversy but Price goes through stretches where he is awful and he has for years. 

Maybe having another capable goalie can push Price a bit. Again, not suggesting anything big here. 

Stay out of the box tonight 

Evans has been a pleasant surprise ... still needs to work on his faceoffs, but that is common with young centres

Haven't seen anything saying Allen is confirmed in goal tonight ... if they want Price to "get back on the horse" then IMO they need to give Allen Saturday night

The Habs are being sloppy and paying the price ... maybe they need to consult Denis Lemieux and learn to "feel shame" for the time they spend in the box.

28 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I am laughing at the above too ... 

Play does not get evaluated just on goals ... Toffoli was getting his chances even when he didn't score ... however, overall, Armia has not played up to his norm this season and IMO should be put on a short leash.

Let’s what team shows up tonight. Julien hasn’t made any changes yet so either he’s happy with everyone or (more likely) he’s still evaluating.

10 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Let’s what team shows up tonight. Julien hasn’t made any changes yet so either he’s happy with everyone or (more likely) he’s still evaluating.

If I am not mistaken the coaching staff likes to split the season in sections (10 game chunks for example) and evaluate at the end of each

my wild guess is That they have split this season in 8x10 spans

20 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

If I am not mistaken the coaching staff likes to split the season in sections (10 game chunks for example) and evaluate at the end of each

my wild guess is That they have split this season in 8x10 spans

8x7 maybe? 🤪

4 hours ago, TurdBurglar said:

If Perry were to slot in, I would take Lek out before Evans.  Really liking what I'm seeing from him so far.

Nice short handed goal by Lehkonen that Perry would never get, he is sound defensively and could skate circles around Perry...most can, cant they?

Why would Julien take Evans out? For offensive reasons? Cause it wouldnt be for his defensive or PK play.

3 hours ago, tomh009 said:

🤣

Toffoli is tied for 5th in NHL goal scoring.:nuts:

:gohabsgo: