Jan 21, Habs vs Canucks, 9:30 PM

tomh009

Random note here, but I kinda like the 3-game set concept. And it seems to me that by staying put in a city for multiple games, a team could minimize some of the hassles associated with all the travel. Is this something which the NHL should consider implementing more regularly?

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Haven't seen anything saying Allen is confirmed in goal tonight ... if they want Price to "get back on the horse" then IMO they need to give Allen Saturday night

The Habs are being sloppy and paying the price ... maybe they need to consult Denis Lemieux and learn to "feel shame" for the time they spend in the box.

What if the Habs are just overzealous and exuberant to see what their new PK unit can do? 

They just said Allen is in, and he probably should have started the last game. 

Habs are still unbeatable in regulation time. 

Habs rolled 4 lines last night and Canucks didn't.  Habs are built for high pressure forecheck and Canucks have mostly rookie defencemen.  In theory this should be the Habs game.  Lets see how it plays out, as the Canucks score while I type this.

2 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Vancouver's second goal is identical to their second goal last night.  Whats the definition of insanity?

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result? 

Well, the commentators observed that Van deviated from its standard pattern on that goal. The Habs were accordingly fooled.

I really like the intensity and physical element Chiarot brings.

25 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Random note here, but I kinda like the 3-game set concept. And it seems to me that by staying put in a city for multiple games, a team could minimize some of the hassles associated with all the travel. Is this something which the NHL should consider implementing more regularly?

Jonathan Toews has been pushing for this. Wants a more baseball-like schedule for hockey to save on travel time.

• Upvote 1

Toffoli is just all over the place. Nice to see.

I hate this period so far, frankly. It’s just infuriating that they can’t hold a lead for three seconds and keep shooting themselves in the nuts with asinine penalties. These guys need to lock things down.

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Toffoli is just all over the place. Nice to see.

I hate this period so far, frankly. It’s just infuriating that they can’t hold a lead for three seconds and keep shooting themselves in the nuts with asinine penalties. These guys need to lock things down.

He looks the same... just burying his chances