Jan 21, Habs vs Canucks, 9:30 PM

tomh009

8 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Watch Petterson play well next game until Edmundson smokes him with a similar questionable hit and hell breaks lose. 

I'd be ok with one of our big D-men knocking one of the Canucks top forwards senseless on Saturday...it'd let teams know that there is a price to pay for headhunting our guys, so best not to.

• Like 1

Firstly how is it possible that there is no way to legally watch this game outside of centre ice? 

-RDS is blackout now 

-I live in leafville so I’m not allowed to watch other hockey 

-can’t purchase games from Habs website 

- why can’t I just purchase Habs games? I don’t want all of centre ice

- is my only option to steal illegal streams?

-this is crazy 

I listened to the game on 590 but that is not the same!

Who said Armia was an offensive black hole? I hope he is okay long term and doesn’t suffer concussion symptoms long. 

I wonder if Perry slots in with KK and Frolik with Evans. Speaking of Evans, he is playing great

What is it about Vancouver that fits so well with the KK line? 

We truly need to figure out the penalty situation. Some calls are absurd but most are deserved. 

We will get eaten alive during Stanley cup finals if we can’t stay out of the box!

Okay just watched the highlights 

That second Armia goal was beautiful. That is a smart player showing real skill. 

The hit on Armia is disgusting. Should be multiple games. Completely vulnerable, head down, he left his feet, this was a clear attempt to hurt and send some kind of message for next game. 

11 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Damn. If only we’d taken Armia out of the lineup 

Did anyone suggest taking him out?  I just put him on a leash ... apparently it got his attention ... too bad it wasn't a literal leash, CJ could have pulled him out of the way of Myers chicken$#!& mugging

2 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Byron day to day

I'll feel better if that is the word today after more intensive examination ... feet are so easy to damage when hit by a Shea Weber slapshot ... 

Watched on PVR, fun to watch.

The Habs can score and after the VAN game Saturday they will have multiple practices to lock down their defensive game 

« Steam rolling » 4 lines is going to be a joy to watch all season

Now, let’s bring on the caretaker crew for Saturday game and let’s put the Canuck’s team in the dumpster

• Like 2

< dblair answered my question ... and then responded to this post before it was edited ... a way to easily delete posts would be great  >

6 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

If he can't go tomorrow, the Habs will have to go 7/11 (with Perry likely taking Armia's spot).  They can only afford one recall right now.

Byron has me worried ... "day-to-day" within hours of being hit by a Shea Weber slapshot reminds me a lot of "we won't know until the swelling goes down and we get clear x-rays" ... AND ... a concussion diagnosis immediately after a game is unusual ... unless it was intended to influence the NHL dealing with Myers

Wonder if either are bad enough to go LTIR?

If the go 7/11 at least Mete can skate like the wind and support the 4th line defensively.

8 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Habs have the cap space to add one forward from the taxi squad ... assuming both Byron and Armia are out Saturday are they forced to play Mete up front or does one of PB/JA go LTIR?

With Byron being day-to-day, he shouldn't need LTIR.  Armia could be a possibility although it's worth noting that using that siphons away remaining cap room.  On a team that has three players that could hit ELC bonuses, they don't want to be in that situation for long or they risk carryover penalties to next year.  With the long break coming after tomorrow's game, I suspect they won't do anything until the home opener on that front.

LTIR is a minimum of 10 games so I don't think they would do that for Armia at this point, until they have done further assessment. And definitely not for Byron, unless his foot is actually broken or fractured.

31 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Worth noting, Myers' hit was called a match penalty, triggering an automatic suspension pending league review.

So, he is suspended immediately pending a league review and ruling on the incident.

The Canucks are running out of defencemen ...

8 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Didn’t Armia miss a lot of games due to a commotion ?

Itnia not his first time, and I am afraid we may have lost him for a few weeks

Concussion? :) I wasn't able to find much in terms of a concussion history for Armia, apart from one back in 2012 when he was still playing in Liiga. I don't think it's anywhere close to what, say, Shaw or Juulsen have been through.

11 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Romanov absolutely undressed by that world-beating sniper, Brendan Sutter. Sheesh, that was brutal.

That's OK, it's part of the learning process for Romanov. I'm just happy that it happened in a game where the outcome was already sealed! No harm, no foul!

26 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Well I guess we see what Perry and Frolik can bring to the table, with Byron and Armia out 

Unfortunately, like dlbalr mentionned, the Habs can only afford one call-up of about 770,000$, so it's either Perry or Frolik, but not both!

37 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Concussion? :) I wasn't able to find much in terms of a concussion history for Armia, apart from one back in 2012 when he was still playing in Liiga. I don't think it's anywhere close to what, say, Shaw or Juulsen have been through.

I am almost sure he experienced symptoms either last season or the season before. He was already with the Habs and it was at the end of a stretch where he was playing well. A bit of a déjà vu

EDIT: I couldn't find it either.

Edited by alfredoh2009

8 minutes ago, Habsfan said:

Unfortunately, like dlbalr mentionned, the Habs can only afford one call-up of about 770,000$, so it's either Perry or Frolik, but not both!

Given the recent tendency for penalties, might Frolik be the better choice ... except for 18/19 with Calgary, Frolik had at least a minute per game killing penalties since 2011/12