Jan 21, Habs vs Canucks, 9:30 PM

tomh009

I know its Pierre McGuire... but, he's now claiming the Habs are the fastest and could very well be the most talented team in the league from top to bottom. How quick the analysts and pundits jump on board

Note* Nick Suzuki continues to defy odds and keep up as well as outplay (at times) the top C's in this league

44 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

he's also rapidly becoming one of the best C's in the league as evidenced by his performance against some of the best C's

No doubt, he does so many things well. He's the kind of player Tortorella would love but he ain't getting him. 

3 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I know its Pierre McGuire... but, he's now claiming the Habs are the fastest and could very well be the most talented team in the league from top to bottom. How quick the analysts and pundits jump on board.

He definitely said they were probably the fastest team in the division, but I don't recall hearing him say they were the most talented in the division, let alone the whole league.  He did say something about being at the top in terms of depth tip to bottom, though.

4 hours ago, sbhatt said:

We may not have anyone that's going to ragdoll Myers in a fight...but there are other ways to extract the pound of flesh.  You dump the puck in on his side every time he's on the ice, and you run him...with reckless abandon on the forecheck every single time.  Boarding/charging penalties be damned, you do it until he's hurting and the message is delivered loud and clear.

I am illWill and I support this message

If I am in the Habs locker room and see Armia having a career game in a lopsided affair get ended early due to an obviously blatant attempt to injure, I hold nothing back. A concussion without repercussion? Now you are playing with people's lives and you deserve what is coming. 

1 hour ago, illWill said:

I am illWill and I support this message

If I am in the Habs locker room and see Armia having a career game in a lopsided affair get ended early due to an obviously blatant attempt to injure, I hold nothing back. A concussion without repercussion? Now you are playing with people's lives and you deserve what is coming. 

We’ll be playing the Canucks five more times in the next 20 days. By the end of that, I expect Myers will never want to face the Habs again.

Listen, if you somehow get Myers in a vulnerable position? Then hey, yes, lower the boom.

But keep in mind that a Hab who crosses the line probably *will* get suspended, because the league will know that it’s retaliation. (By contrast, the league appears to be blissfully unaware that players whose teams are being humiliated in blowouts are much more likely to take out their frustrations with dangerous attempts to injure; which was exactly what happened when Chara attempted to permanently paralyze Pacioretty, and when Myers aimed right at Armia’s head).

And we can run around and get all sorts of penalties trying to get back at Myers, sure. It’s a great way to lose a game against a team we should easily destroy. Also, I want this team to learn to rein in the dumb penalties, not wallow in them.

Better to go out there, play hard, play physical, crush the Canucks both physically and on the scoreboard. Never mind Myers. If we hammer the Canucks with impunity, the lesson will be learned without any need for illegal attempts to injure.

• Like 1

Agree, 1st is to bury the Canucks and attack their weak defense. THEN, once get big lead, perhaps finish forechecks a little more forcefully on Myers and allow Weber-Chariot to dump and chase puck into Myers corner.:devil:

46 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Listen, if you somehow get Myers in a vulnerable position? Then hey, yes, lower the boom.

But keep in mind that a Hab who crosses the line probably *will* get suspended, because the league will know that it’s retaliation. (By contrast, the league appears to be blissfully unaware that players whose teams are being humiliated in blowouts are much more likely to take out their frustrations with dangerous attempts to injure; which was exactly what happened when Chara attempted to permanently paralyze Pacioretty, and when Myers aimed right at Armia’s head).

And we can run around and get all sorts of penalties trying to get back at Myers, sure. It’s a great way to lose a game against a team we should easily destroy. Also, I want this team to learn to rein in the dumb penalties, not wallow in them.

Better to go out there, play hard, play physical, crush the Canucks both physically and on the scoreboard. Never mind Myers. If we hammer the Canucks with impunity, the lesson will be learned without any need for illegal attempts to injure.

I agree, but with one addition: the Canadiens need to dump the puck into Myer’s corner all night and hammer him relentlessly on the forecheck. He will learn his lesson, all the turnovers will produce scoring chances and goals. And, there is not much chance of a Habs player getting suspended for an illegal check to Myer’s head😎

9 minutes ago, PMAC said:

I agree, but with one addition: the Canadiens need to dump the puck into Myer’s corner all night and hammer him relentlessly on the forecheck. He will learn his lesson, all the turnovers will produce scoring chances and goals. And, there is not much chance of a Habs player getting suspended for an illegal check to Myer’s head😎

With their D depleted by injuries, Myers is one of their best defencemen - LOL! The smart hockey play is to dump it into whichever corner is manned by the weakest guy, so for all we know the Habs might put more pressure on his partner than him.

I agree that a fight with Myers may not happen, but what i would like to see is the Habs pound on Hughes and Pettersson every chance they get and if the opportunity arises with the score not in doubt, i wouldn't mind some bordeline dirty payback.  Abuse their top players as payback and maybe the Nucks will think twice about what they do!!

12 minutes ago, MFT77 said:

I agree that a fight with Myers may not happen, but what i would like to see is the Habs pound on Hughes and Pettersson every chance they get and if the opportunity arises with the score not in doubt, i wouldn't mind some bordeline dirty payback.  Abuse their top players as payback and maybe the Nucks will think twice about what they do!!

Borderline dirty payback is almost always taken as dirty and would, IMO, more likely just escalate things

58 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Borderline dirty payback is almost always taken as dirty and would, IMO, more likely just escalate things

But it would set the tone for future games this season.  Pick on their best guys

4 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

With their D depleted by injuries, Myers is one of their best defencemen - LOL! The smart hockey play is to dump it into whichever corner is manned by the weakest guy, so for all we know the Habs might put more pressure on his partner than him.

If he is their best D- a very scary proposition for Canucks’ fans— then I think pressurizing him is the smart hockey play. Vancouver fans have nicknamed him Tyler Minors for a reason, after his penchant for bad penalties. 

1 hour ago, MFT77 said:

But it would set the tone for future games this season.  Pick on their best guys

And them on ours ... I am in the win the game and embarrass Myers defensively while doing it ... 

On 1/21/2021 at 2:39 PM, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

Thoughts?

Lehk - Byron - Perry 

I know Evans has been playing good and getting better.  But we’re all heathy still and some more defensive experienced (Perry) might be what we need to finish these two road games Only, before heading back to Montreal for a Deservedly five days off. If we can steal 3 out of 4 points here, ideal! 

Evans back in for Calgary 

NO

Do not take Evans out of the lineup.  Just no.  Especially when we have seen Byron is not effective at C.

6 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

That's sad, cause Myers is shit.

On 1/22/2021 at 4:11 PM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Myers is 6'7. While the Habs have some bruising dudes, I seriously doubt that any of them are going to be physically capable of exacting revenge even if they have a mind to.

It appears we actually do: Myers has previously made an acquaintance with our Mr Edmundson.

https://youtu.be/kLnEoGwXRG4

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

It appears we actually do: Myers has previously made an acquaintance with our Mr Edmundson.

https://youtu.be/kLnEoGwXRG4

Yep. And Edmunson did a hell of a job clocking him a couple of good ones in that fight.

20 hours ago, PMAC said:

If he is their best D- a very scary proposition for Canucks’ fans— then I think pressurizing him is the smart hockey play. Vancouver fans have nicknamed him Tyler Minors for a reason, after his penchant for bad penalties. 

Double entendre. 

Canucks fans state: “Tyler’s nickname could also be used to describe where his skill set belongs.”

Source:

- CK’s mind 

23 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Double entendre. 

Canucks fans state: “Tyler’s nickname could also be used to describe where his skill set belongs.”

Source:

- CK’s mind 

Ha haaaa, yes. Myers is far from a fan fave here in Van. I don't think he's *that* bad but the more you play him, the worse he looks.

In fairness to the Canucks blueline, the following D are better than him:

Quinn Hughes

Nate Schmidt

Alex Edler

and possibly Travis Hamonic

The problems with their blueline can be summed up in two words: injuries and depth. The two are related, of course; when guys get hurt, it exposes your depth. When completely healthy, the Canucks' RD is solid but their LD is paper-thin. There's Hughes (elite) and Edler (good) but then absolutely nothing. One injury at LD and they are icing AHLers on the second and third pairs. That's what happened in the 7-3 game - Edler was hurt, therefore comedy ensued.

For Benning to go into a season with that LD is some form of managerial malpractice.