NBCSN Shutting Down

Fanpuck33

51 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I thought the NHL agreed in the CBA to allow the players to go to the Olympics. 

The only thing holding it up right now is if Canada/US/other western countries, will boycott games in China and what the status of the pandemic and restrictions on travel are.

Your memory is better than mine ... but apparently it is not entirely a done deal ... The NHL and the players' association want a decision from the International Olympic Committee regarding the league's participation in the 2022 winter games by the end of next month ... The NHL and NHLPA agreed to Olympic participation in 2022 and 2026 as part of a modified collective bargaining agreement, which was ratified in 2020 prior to the league's return to play. Some details - including finances and travel insurance, among others - still need to be ironed out by the league and IOC before NHL players can officially participate.

• 2 weeks later...

Charles Barkly he ain't ... given his "public face" I can't imagine him ever offering any serious criticism 

9 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Charles Barkly he ain't ... given his "public face" I can't imagine him ever offering any serious criticism 

Agreed, quite often (not always) great players don't make great coaches or great broadcasters. Wayne is a bright guy and may have some great stories but I don't think he would say anything too  controversial or say anything to offend anybody, he would not be entertaining. 

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

I hadn't thought of that until today... TNT/TBS has to get Charles involved in hockey in some way, right? I seem to recall him being somewhat of a hockey fan showing up at games when his schedule allows. I'll take Charles talking hockey over comet trails all day long! 

• Upvote 1