Jan 23, Habs vs Canucks, 7 PM

tomh009

5 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Agree ... don't yet see him as more than 4C on a playoff quality team ... but that could change. 

I see him as a 3rd line/ 4th line checking center.  Would make it easier on us losing Danault if we choose to trade him and not resign him.

People are going to hate on Perry all year long here apparently, but I much prefer having a playoff bound team who has the luxury of calling up a Corey Perry and his veteran presence once an injury occurs, rather than a Charles Hudon, or Michal Bournival with an emphasis on “the future” always in mind. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

People are going to hate on Perry all year long here apparently, but I much prefer having a playoff bound team who has the luxury of calling up a Corey Perry and his veteran presence once an injury occurs, rather than a Charles Hudon, or Michal Bournival with “the future” always in mind. 

I for one think he should be in the line up everyday. And said he would look good on that 3rd line which he does.

If their was a full preseason he would of been a full time player in our line up. 

6 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

People are going to hate on Perry all year long here apparently, but I much prefer having a playoff bound team who has the luxury of calling up a Corey Perry and his veteran presence once an injury occurs, rather than a Charles Hudon, or Michal Bournival with an emphasis on “the future” always in mind. 

Amen!  I'll take an older, slower Perry and what he brings to the table over completely useless bums like Hudon/Bournival any day.

1 minute ago, Habsfan89 said:

I see him as a 3rd line/ 4th line checking center.  Would make it easier on us losing Danault if we choose to trade him and not resign him.

Evans could never replace Danault.  He already scores too much to ever say that.  It's probably better to say that eventually he might be able to fill the hole made by Plekanets.   Sure, Suzuki fills that hole too and I know its still early to know for sure but I'd argue that he already looks better than Plex. 

The Habs should play Evans with Tatar and Gally because that would be very interesting to see what would happen and that should definitely be thoroughly investigated this season. 

2 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Evans could never replace Danault.  He already scores too much to ever say that.  It's probably better to say that eventually he might be able to fill the hole made by Plekanets.   Sure, Suzuki fills that hole too and I know its still early to know for sure but I'd argue that he already looks better than Plex. 

The Habs should play Evans with Tatar and Gally because that would be very interesting to see what would happen and that should definitely be thoroughly investigated this season. 

Not saying that , if we trade Danault we wouldn't be hurt on the defensive side because of Evans.

Perry has looked good tonight to me; much more offensive flair than I was expecting, and the penalty call on his was complete horse-spittle.

The minute I saw Edler back, I knew VAN would be in better shape. They are still being outclassed, but are at least hanging in there. Pettersson continues to bumble comically but has actually looked dangerous at times - it won’t be long ‘til he snaps back into form. Let’s just not have it be in the third tonight.

8 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

5 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

I for one think he should be in the line up everyday. And said he would look good on that 3rd line which he does.

If their was a full preseason he would of been a full time player in our line up. 

1 minute ago, sbhatt said:

Amen!  I'll take an older, slower Perry and what he brings to the table over completely useless bums like Hudon/Bournival any day.

Perry is a tremendous luxury to have when inuries hit or there is a particular need on a given night ... but I doubt he has the legs to do it EVERY game ... but hope he can get into 30-35 games over the course of the season and be geared up for the playoffs

I agree about Hudon but Bournival was IMO a sad story ... had a very positive rookie season but then injuries crept in and he/we never had a chance to see what he might have become (don't think he there is any chance would have become top 6 quality, but perhaps a decent 3rd liner or an excellent 4th liner)

2 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Perry is a tremendous luxury to have when inuries hit or there is a particular need on a given night ... but I doubt he has the legs to do it EVERY game ... but hope he can get into 30-35 games over the course of the season and be geared up for the playoffs

I agree about Hudon but Bournival was IMO a sad story ... had a very positive rookie season but then injuries crept in and he/we never had a chance to see what he might have become (don't think he there is any chance would have become top 6 quality, but perhaps a decent 3rd liner or an excellent 4th liner)

The announcers tonight mentioned that, in past years, when the Habs had injuries, they’d call up “some guy you’d never heard of” from the AHL. Now they have Perry and Frolik. It’s one of the ways in which the Habs are a fundamentally strong club this season - quality depth.

I agree on Evans, he looks like he may be able to carve out a nice career for himself as a smart bottom-6er. Keep it up!

1 minute ago, DON said:

Faceoffs:

Suzuki 12 42%

Evans 11 55%

Danault 9 78%

KK 5 20%

Gallagher 2 100%
Lekhonen 1 0%
Toffoli 2 0%

Gallagher is making TT-PD-BG a very STRONG line for face-offs tonight

3 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Not saying that , if we trade Danault we wouldn't be hurt on the defensive side because of Evans.

I was sort of joking Danault is really good defensively but my issue with him is that he isnt offensive enough.  Plex was great defensively but was also a scoring threat.  The Habs need somebody that can shut down other teams top lines and average 25g/year.  Danault will never score that amount.   Like I said it looks like Suzuki will be beyond that this year.  Its like he fills a hole from the 80's & 70's. 

I sure hope Danault doesnt get by a Weber slapper and miss a bunch of games.  I'm sure nobody wants to see Tatar-Evans-Gally line and really get to see what that line could do.  Imagine if Evans could be in the top 11? 

It should be Toffoli time momentarily.

But first, Gallagher. 🚨

2 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

But first, Gallagher. 🚨

Stunned that there was no offside call ... but VERY happy

NEED a PP goal here guys ... Perry time?

Just now, TurdBurglar said:

How was that onside? 

Must have had a different angle we didn't see

SWEET hands JD

That could be a back-breaker

Great hustle by Anderson to let JD break away

1 minute ago, TurdBurglar said:

How was that onside? 

Apparently he wasn't carrying the puck when it went over line so technically he was not in possession of the puck and his feet hadn't crossed yet.  Something like that. 

• Upvote 1

Nice finish Drew.... that’s how you can score. Pass the puck into the net.