Jan 28, Flames vs Habs, 7 PM

tomh009

1060928394.jpg.0.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
https://content.sportslogos.net/logos/1/16/full/4231_montreal_canadiens-jersey-2000.png 9c4d4298-f734-4450-a4f8-04867c1d5717.jpg

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Toffoli
Byron - Evans - Perry

Chiarot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Kulak - Romanov

Price

Injured: Armia

Tkachuk - Lindholm - Mangiapane
Gaudreau - Monahan - Simon
Bennett - Backlund - Leivo
Lucic - Ryan - Nordstrom

Giordano - Andersson
Hanifin - Tanev
Valimaki - Nesterov

David Rittich

Injured: Eller, Pinho

I guess I keep doing these as long as the Habs keep winning ...

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, tomh009 said:
1060928394.jpg.0.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
https://content.sportslogos.net/logos/1/16/full/4231_montreal_canadiens-jersey-2000.png 9c4d4298-f734-4450-a4f8-04867c1d5717.jpg

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Toffoli
Byron - Evans - Perry

Chiarot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Kulak - Romanov

Price

Injured: Armia

Tkachuk - Lindholm - Mangiapane
Gaudreau - Monahan - Simon
Bennett - Backlund - Leivo
Lucic - Ryan - Nordstrom

Giordano - Andersson
Hanifin - Tanev
Valimaki - Nesterov

David Rittich

Injured: Eller, Pinho

I guess I keep doing these as long as the Habs keep winning ...

Yep... you are the man right now. 

Calgary is coming in with a bitter two game losing streak, going to be a close one. 

Just now, Prime Minister Koivu said:

... Looks like we get the flames back up tonight ...

Good news if it is their backup ... it will be their first game of the season ... and as Rittich is neither Quebec born nor a QMJHL alumnus, that "bugaboo" isn't a factor ... 

Habs are obviously not going to maintain their current pace, which for an 82 season would yield 137 points (rounded up) ... they are bound to lose games and I fear tonight may be their first outright loss ... even with Rittich in ... but a hope I am wrong

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Good news if it is their backup ... it will be their first game of the season ... and as Rittich is neither Quebec born nor a QMJHL alumnus, that "bugaboo" isn't a factor ... 

Habs are obviously not going to maintain their current pace, which for an 82 season would yield 137 points (rounded up) ... they are bound to lose games and I fear tonight may be their first outright loss ... even with Rittich in ... but a hope I am wrong

I kind of get that feeling too but if our depth means as much as I believe it does then Calgary has no answer for 3 lines of power. 

If Price plays well then we win. If Price plays poor then we loose. 

The Habs should take this game for sure.  

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

I believe the Habs will be the last team to go undefeated in regulation.  Wash is the only other team that has been playing that have not lost in 60 mins.  (Dal & Flor havent lost in regulation either but they have only played 3 games so that really isn't comparable).

The interesting thing is the Habs are unarguably doing great so far, but have they really plateaued?  I almost think they are still gelling and getting to know each others styles, etc.  The Habs might actually get even better, which is crazy.  ex:  they are definitely taking tons of stupid penalties, which allows other teams to be in some of the games.  Realistically, they should be able to reduce those penalties and lower their Goals against. 

I like the way the are playing. Regardless if they win or lose, can’t wait for the next game to get a better sense of how strong the Habs are

:scared: my head is spinning :scared:

5 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

We are fortunate to be up by 2. Calgary has had too many great chances but we have had our share too. 

KK looks really good 

I think the Flames had the better even-strength chances, but the PP really came through for the Habs.

16 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Weber with the blast!!  2-0 on the PP so far.  The Habs special teams just keep getting better. 

Are they really getting better or just a bit of good luck?  The first unit was brutal on the opening PP with the second unit scoring off limited zone time and the results were flipped on the second one.  I thought both power plays were quite poor overall with their lone opportunity going in the net.  Not that I'm complaining or anything...

Its early for Perry, but I'm not seeing anything in Armia's game that Perry isn't delivering.  The sample size with this lineup is small, so it's hard to say, but if this continues Armia could become a good trade chip along with Mete to get an upgrade somewhere.

Stat of the period - there were only 10 faceoffs.  One of those obviously was at the beginning so there were only nine whistles.  Two were off goals, two more off Calgary's penalties so just five others the rest of the way.  That doesn't happen very often.