Jan 30 - Habs-Flames - 7pm

GHT120

After tor season opening game, this is the next game where I think we will see very strong opposition, close to a playoff feeling

The Flames will do all they can to win, including using Tkachuck and Lucic to rough things up.

Romanov was targeted last game, I just hope the Habs do not come out with an injury

Go Habs Go!

57 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

The Flames will do all they can to win, including using Tkachuck and Lucic to rough things up.

We have Chiarot and Edmundson to handle things if they do.  I like knowing that about this team...it's been awhile.

Sportsnet is picking Montreal to represent the north division in the conference final/semi-finals.  They also have Montreal listed as a legitimate contender.  It’s only 6 games in the season, but they sure do look good.

I hope the streak can stay alive.  I only really see Toronto as a challenge right now.

50 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

If they lose tonight, we'll know who to blame for not sticking with GDT tradition...

image.png

I was unaware of any tradition ... was surprised there was no thread yet and had the goaltending info to post before going out ... of course I do feel a weird sensation on my left foot ... hoping it is tugging

32 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I want the win just to shut leaf nation up. 

They of course are amazing and the Habs haven’t shown anything yet as it’s only 7 games 🤮

I expect a chippier game and I hope Tzachuk gets his face broken. 

Keep winning Habs 

He's used to getting his face smashed (perhaps not broken) ... I hope the Habs win and score two PP goals on Tzachuk penalties to provide the difference ... maybe a third from a Tzachuk turnover ... then, when he losses it and goes stupid, I would be OK with the broken face

4 hours ago, dlbalr said:

If they lose tonight, we'll know who to blame for not sticking with GDT tradition...

My apologies, I didn't know of this tradition.  I will edit my original post removing the comment so it appears you are falsely accusing me, but I'll only do it after the game in case of a loss. 

5 hours ago, dlbalr said:

For some silly reason when I 1st read that I thought the GDT comment was referring to the Tatar Danault Gally line.  My next thought was I wish this was a regular game thread and showed the lines.  Then I was like oh wait, thats what it means.  🤣

7 minutes ago, brobin said:

Calgary is pumped and habs look flat... losing the battles... they need to step it up

The fourth line is looking the strongest at the moment. I continue to be impressed by Evans, and Lehkonen/Byron are doing what they do best.

10 minutes ago, brobin said:

Calgary is pumped and habs look flat... losing the battles... they need to step it up

I agree but that can still be mitigated if they tie the game. 

This is probably the 1st period where the play wasnt even or Habs dominated. 

SHG time? 

Time for a shortie?