Jan 30 - Habs-Flames - 7pm

GHT120

That was one of Montreal's more dominant periods of the season in terms of puck control, shots, and scoring chances - too bad there's nothing to show for it.

Anderson played until the last minute of the first period and I don't remember seeing anything awkward there.  Remember he wasn't 100% early in the road trip, I wonder if it's more a lingering issue that got aggravated.  Kotkaniemi stayed on the bench for a bit but went to the room and hasn't played since.

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Anderson played until the last minute of the first period and I don't remember seeing anything awkward there.  Remember he wasn't 100% early in the road trip, I wonder if it's more a lingering issue that got aggravated.  Kotkaniemi stayed on the bench for a bit but went to the room and hasn't played since.

No clue what happened to Anderson but I hope it doesn't involve his shoulder. 

Would the concussion protocol explain KK's absence?

3 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

No clue what happened to Anderson but I hope it doesn't involve his shoulder. 

Would the concussion protocol explain KK's absence?

I think Anderson was a lower-body concern before but who knows?

Yes, going to the quiet room is a perfectly logical explanation for his absence.  I'm just surprised it took that long for it to happen - he stayed on the bench for several minutes.  If it is that, it may have been a concussion spotter making him go to the room.

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I think Anderson was a lower-body concern before but who knows?

Yes, going to the quiet room is a perfectly logical explanation for his absence.  I'm just surprised it took that long for it to happen - he stayed on the bench for several minutes.  If it is that, it may have been a concussion spotter making him go to the room.

I don’t think he hit his head on the ice, did he? That would have been worse.

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

I don’t think he hit his head on the ice, did he? That would have been worse.

I don't believe that he did.  It was a bad hit in the sense of legal and cheap, but it wasn't the worst head shot or fall.  KK sort of got off lucky for the dangerous position he put himself in.    I didnt think he'd be concussed from it but he easily could have been.  For sure that could have been a lot worse. 

21 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

... Why nobody stand up for KK? ...

Didn't Weber get a penalty after he grab the guy, pulling his helmet off, and then they got "sardined" in a scrum?

I’ll go ahead and mention that this may be the first game Suzuki doesn’t get a point. 

In hopes of perhaps changing that reality. 

When I saw KK get hit for some reason I instantly thought of McLaren's hit on Zednick.  It happened fast but I thought KK saw him and thought he could skate around him but the Flame stuck is arm out and KK skated into it.  Luckily thats not happened at all. 

1 minute ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

... kk gets his head shoved up his ass and nothing from anyone. 

Didn't Weber get a penalty for going after the $*&$&$&#$&#*  ??

So far I'd say Evans is the biggest surprise this season and Allen is 2nd. Allen has done great and that he is playing above his expectations too.  In the games Allen has played he looked as good as Price and at times possibly even better. 

5 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Grabbing is a sad sack response to your young centre getting head hunted. 

There should have been punches 

They got swarmed as soon as Weber grabbed him ... Chiarot had a chance immediately after the hit but play went on and he returned to defending ... THAT was the time to do it

5 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It may be just me but I thought the Habs played a lot better tonight than they did on Thursday.  Last game, they got the opportune bounces and tonight, they couldn't buy one.

I agree ... the level of offence has reflected things working ... going into tonight Habs had 13 players with shooting percentages better than 10% and 6 at 20% or better ... the see-saw was due to dip

Key for me is how they come out Monday

17 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Grabbing is a sad sack response to your young centre getting head hunted.  There should have been punches 

Yep, if he's going to take a retaliation penalty then he better make it worth it. 

44 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I’ll go ahead and mention that this may be the first game Suzuki doesn’t get a point.

It sucks that you were right.  I kept hoping he'd get a point in the final 90 secs. 

What a bad game for 1sts of the year.  ex:  1st regulation loss, 1st game Suzuki doesn't get a point, 1st time being shutout.  It was also the 1st heroless game.