Get Dagenais OUT!!!!

habsfan_69

Im not a huge fan of dagenais..but he CAN score. he had 17 goals in like almost 60 games ( i think) and so if he played the whole season he would be an easy 20-goal scorer. Hes slow, so i wouldnt expect him to have wads of ice time, but i wouldnt mind him seeing PP time.

as for trading him, you wont have an arguement from me but i would just like to say that he is not as worthless as some of you people think

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see him in practice doing nothing but standing in front of the net and working on his deflections. He pretty much only gets PP time, so you might as well have him do what nobody but Begin does: screen the goalie and bang in the rebounds.

Originally posted by PurpleHills

Don't let this one goal fool you. Daganais still doesn't cut it. Perpahs the coach is trying to up his trade value

Julien's single concern and decisions making as to do with getting victories.

Dagenais as some value but he as 0 TRADE value,...he is either playing with the CH or its Hamilton,...plain and simple.

But so far he is still with us ,..thats also clear,..is is not ?

What is not clear to me,....its the way Julien uses him.

We know that he is not using him as a second line winger.

We know that Dagenais is not an ideal 4th line winger.

Than why keep him ?

You would think that with Kovalev away they would keep him because they believe that his incredible shot and his size would help the power play........but Julien as use him but for a few seconds tonight,...and they had 8 power plays,.......so Julien is basically NOT using him.

Thats the part I dont understand,......Why keeping him if they dont plan to use him during power play,.....specialy now with Kovy away.

Anyone ?

Originally posted by GOHABSGO22

Maybe if the Habs strap Dagenais to bulis we would have one good player, with Dagenais' shot and Bulis' speed. The reverse would be bad since Bulis can't shoot and Dagenais can't skate.

strapping is impractical, bound to be slippage and discomfort plus Bulis' speed would be lessened if he weighed 400 pounds.

Better would be bisecting both at the waist then surgically attaching the top half of Dags with Bulis' legs.

But this "Daglis" would still need a brain.

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon
Originally posted by GOHABSGO22

Maybe if the Habs strap Dagenais to bulis we would have one good player, with Dagenais' shot and Bulis' speed. The reverse would be bad since Bulis can't shoot and Dagenais can't skate.

strapping is impractical, bound to be slippage and discomfort plus Bulis' speed would be lessened if he weighed 400 pounds.

Better would be bisecting both at the waist then surgically attaching the top half of Dags with Bulis' legs.

But this "Daglis" would still need a brain.

Heheh, no Wayne, this isn't a lobotomy...you have "nothing" to worry about:king:

this is post that i made on the game string last night.

"I heard an interesting comment by a post-game announcers... he compares dagenais to a pinch-hitter in baseball.

he says that, in 'his' team, he'd play dagenais on the first line of the power play on a regular basis... reason being that dagenais is a shooter who'll score in that kind of situation... he'd be like a brett hull who finds an open space during the power play and snap it past the goalie at least once every couple games.

doesn't sound bad, really. dagenais would be there to play on the power plays. with the number of penalties that are happening now, that could very well work." :king::king::king:

Tsk, tsk, shortcat1 - recycling posts to get the thread count higher. You're already in leading everyone, and there's nothing higher than the Hall of Fame, is there?

Anyway, I agree. As I've said before on one of the numerous other "Dagenais must go" threads, for what he makes, for the ice time he gets, Dagenais is fine. Better he then bringing someone with potential up to take his 2 minutes a game, which would slow their development. (Don't forget we already have rookies getting little ice time). Trading him wouldn't bring any value. He's there if we need him, he'll pop one once in awhile, then fade to black for awhile. Let's not overthink his role.

I'm not a Dagenais fan, but that shootout goal was a sweet sight. Shooters do have a purpose. Give him some time on the second PP and use him in shootouts. As Mont Royale said, no point wasting rookies as giving them virtually no development opportunities.

Where do u people get your information about DAgs having a great shot. His shot is average at best. However if u base it on a few goals he has scored in his career than ya he might have a "Deadly Shot", However we could say that about any player. The hardest shot i've seen all year on the canadiens was Plekanec's first goal of the season. A one time blast past eddie belfour, that was on its way back out of the net before belfour realized there was even a shot taken. Does plekanec have the hardest shot or the best shot or an absolutely great shot that should be used in every situation possible?? No i dont think so. The same can be applied to Dagenais. In actual fact i think Dagenais is completely usesless and the only reason he is being held isto increase trade value, thats it. If u want to talk about a great shot, look at Ryder.

Daglis (half Bulis, half Dags, all beast)!!!! Great idea guys, that would be the ideal solution for both players. Gave me a good laugh.

Can't believe some people are questioning Dagenais' shot here. Come on give credit where credit is due. Pierre Dagenais has one of the best shots and scoring touches (maybe even second only to Kovalev) on the team. This he has. Unfortunatly, he doesn't seem to have anything else.

I'd like to see him get regular 2nd wave PP shifts for a while, he might have some success and help the team. But I agree that outside of shootouts and the PP, he is utterly useless to he team.

[Edited on 2005/11/23 by Rooster]

Rooster.

Second to Kovalev on the team for scoring ability??

Good on Shootouts and PP??

Then you proceed to point out that given the opportunity, he may have success on the PP.

NO!! IF he was second to kovalev for scoring ability...and was good on the PP....there would be no saying that he MAY have success on the PP because we could pretty much assume that he would.

I'm sorry but i cannot give dagenais any more credit than he is due.....He scored a shootout goal and won us a game!! Kudos and thanx Dagenais. Do i see any more heroics in his future? Nope!!

Still waiting on the justification that he has a great shot.

How you would say that its better than Ryder's? With all that Ryder's accomplished, we can only now start to say with caution that wow he has something special here.

:puke:

Dagenais

Yeah if you want prove that Deganais can score look at last season. I think the problem is the fact that the Ryder, Rebeiro, Dagenais was a line built for the old NHL. It wasn't the most defensive line but the trap could take care of that. In terms of offense, it was a perfect with one nifty playmaker, one hard working goal scorer and one guy who would bury his chances in the slot. But now speed is the biggest concern for NHL teams, and thse guys are not fast. Ryder is the only one who can still keep up with the rest of the NHL but I don't even think he can be as effective , relatively, as in the old 'take any shot you can get' NHL.

Originally posted by JimmyBeans

Rooster.

Second to Kovalev on the team for scoring ability??

Good on Shootouts and PP??

Then you proceed to point out that given the opportunity, he may have success on the PP.  

NO!! IF he was second to kovalev for scoring ability...and was good on the PP....there would be no saying that he MAY have success on the PP because we could pretty much assume that he would.

I'm sorry but i cannot give dagenais any more credit than he is due.....He scored a shootout goal and won us a game!! Kudos and thanx Dagenais. Do i see any more heroics in his future? Nope!!

Still waiting on the justification that he has a great shot.

How you would say that its better than Ryder's? With all that Ryder's accomplished, we can only now start to say with caution that wow he has something special here.

:puke:

Dagenais

What I'm saying is that Dagenais does one thing well and one thing only -but he does it very well- and that is shoot and score. If you'd like me to try to break down why, I'd say that he has a hard deceptive shoot and great hand eye coordination allowing him to pick the open spots and put it in the net. When I played hockey, we just called it having a scoring touch...some guys were naturals, others less so. Dags is very much a natural. Ryder is a another guy that has a good scoring touch and, although not a very complete player himself, is far more complete than Dags which makes him far more valuable than Dags no question about it. Does Dags have more natural one on one against the goalie scoring ability than Ryder? Really a moot question as a lot more aspects goes in to evaluating a player's effectiveness and Ryder easily has the upper hand, but my sense is that Dags may very well have a better scoring touch.

Like I said before, Dags utility and effectiveness is very limited. He lacks in just about very other aspect of his game. He is a very slow skater, isn't very agile, does not have great on ice vision or game sense, doesn't show much grit or determination either. These shotcomings complete kill his utility in just about evry game situation other than shootouts (where he has shown in preseason shootouts and last night he is very good) and possibly the PP. I say "possibly" cause more than an effective shot goes into PP utility (like sound positioning, on ice vision and playmaking ability). However I feel that with his size (if he could park in the slot) and with his shoot he could -remains to be seen due to his shotcommings- be usefull on the PP and I'd like to see him get a consistent shot for a few games. On 5 on 5 or 4 on 4 situations, with the way the game is played this year, Dags is useless and a liability.

I'm not a fan of Dagenais, I prefer far more complete players. But I do recognize that he has one particular ability that can help the team in particular situations, namely shootouts (where I do believe he is second best on the team) and possibly the PP. His uses are very limited and I wouln't mind seeing him go, but while he is here, he can help the team in very precise situations.

Well Rooster...for the most part we agree on Dagenais lack of abilities...however there are not very many Habs fans who would'nt.

No need to point out in what area's Dags is weak

No need to point out what a "Scoring Touch" is.

The fact that you do is annoying.

Where we do disagree is his ability as a Shooter/Scoring Forward.

You decide to give him credit for something that in my opinion has'nt been proven.

I would even go so far as to agree with the statement that "Dags has a Decent shot" and we could leave it at that.

But second on the team in ability to shoot and scoring touch? I just cant see it dude. Maybe you've seen a hell of alot more of him than i have. But i do catch pretty much every game.

Originally posted by JimmyBeans

Well Rooster...for the most part we agree on Dagenais lack of abilities...however there are not very many Habs fans who would'nt.

No need to point out in what area's Dags is weak

No need to point out what a "Scoring Touch" is.

The fact that you do is annoying.

Where we do disagree is his ability as a Shooter/Scoring Forward.

You decide to give him credit for something that in my opinion has'nt been proven.

I would even go so far as to agree with the statement that "Dags has a Decent shot" and we could leave it at that.

But second on the team in ability to shoot and scoring touch? I just cant see it dude. Maybe you've seen a hell of alot more of him than i have. But i do catch pretty much every game.

Well I guess we agree to disagree.

By the way, the reason I felt I had to get into his shotcommings was that you questioned me on why I thought he might not be good on the PP while still considering he had good scoring abilities. As for the description of "scoring touch", you had asked twice for justification on why someone might think he has a good "scoring touch"....I think it comes from a sense of one's natural ability that may not properly translate into stats as more than shooting ability goes into actually scoring goals in a game.

No intention of annoying you, dude, just discussing my point of view.