Get Dagenais OUT!!!!

habsfan_69

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by JimmyBeans

OK Fine.....Then can i ask why Dags has'nt been used in more situations that would allow him to display his "Great Shot" and "Scoring Touch".

He's been used very little on the powerplay or any other situation, and in only one shootout so far. So what gives. If i had a player that could no doubt bury his chances and has the Abilities that Dagenais supposidly has around the net with the puck, i would most certainly make him a staple of my power play that has been struggling since the beginning of the season. Would'nt you??

Dagenais is nothing more than a Utility player that has his position because there are other players in the AHL that team management  would rather see play a full season in the minors than ride the pine and stink up the press box on a consistent basis.

I cant wait for Dagenais to "Break Out" and start lighting that red lamp.:bow:

The last term we could ever use to define Dagenais as a player would be '' utility player ''.

Too bad you didn't apply yourself any better than you did when readind MountRoyal's description on Dagenais that he posted to your intention....calling it '' annoying '' seems to show that,.. above not being able to discerned with your own eyes what a player is all about,...you can't even appreciate a thorough and accurate descrition when it is offer to you.

Originally posted by Peter Puck
Originally posted by Mont Royale

Tsk, tsk, shortcat1 - recycling posts to get the thread count higher.  You're already in leading everyone, and there's nothing higher than the Hall of Fame, is there?

Anyway, I agree.  As I've said before on one of the numerous other "Dagenais must go" threads, for what he makes, for the ice time he gets, Dagenais is fine.  Better he then bringing someone with potential up to take his 2 minutes a game, which would slow their development.  (Don't forget we already have rookies getting little ice time).  Trading him wouldn't bring any value.  He's there if we need him, he'll pop one once in awhile, then fade to black for awhile.  Let's not overthink his role.

Mont Royale, I heartily disapprove of posts apparently complaining about people padding their number of posts, but in reality made in order to pad ones own total. Tsk, Tsk.

In keeping with the padding spirit.....this is my 300th post:)

I'm now going to plant one of those "don't attach anything to this sign" sign on my front yard.

[Edited on 2005/11/23 by Rooster]

Tsk, tsk, shortcat1 - recycling posts to get the thread count higher.  You're already in leading everyone, and there's nothing higher than the Hall of Fame, is there?

Mont Royale, I heartily disapprove of posts apparently complaining about people padding their number of posts, but in reality made in order to pad ones own total. Tsk, Tsk.

Blast - you caught me! (the more we talk about this, the higher my post total gets.. hahahahaha)

Blast - you caught me! (the more we talk about this, the higher my post total gets.. hahahahaha)

That can't be right can it? That would be totally unfair.

"Jimmy, you're full of your last name.

Here's what tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/ has to say about him. Don't forget now that these evaluations are not biased for or against a player or a team.

It says that Dagenais "Has a pure goal-scorer's mentality and the hands to match. Possesses excellent offensive instincts, to go along with tremendous size and reach."

Need I say more? "

Bro...are you serious? TSN ??

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Boo to you ShortCAt.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

EDIT: quoting this of course

I actually don't think Ryder has that great a shot. He can definitely score Souray's (magnitude), Plekanec's (magnitude and accuracy) and Kovalev's (maginitude and accuracy) are out of Ryder's league. Then we have guys like Dagenais and Perezhogin who have accurate shots. I know this doesn't count for much but Ryder has been horrible on the shootout this year.

Ryder is a goal scorer but I'm not sure if his shot is the best part of his game.

[Edited on 2005/11/23 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

Ok now i've heard it all. Habbie you cant be serious about Ryder. He has an Tremendous shot. Definilty one of the best wrist shots on the roster. Who cares about magnitude, I.E souray. I know i dont need to point out the WonderFull aspects that define Ryders shot.......Many of his goals are examples of a true shooter, not just some garbage goal scorer.

Pay attention man.

TRIZZAK..........i have absolutely no clue what your ICON means.  

Plz carry me through it....thanx in advance.

Sorry if i'm being completely dumb. It happens occasionally.

www.encircling.us

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

EDIT: quoting this of course

I actually don't think Ryder has that great a shot. He can definitely score Souray's (magnitude), Plekanec's (magnitude and accuracy) and Kovalev's (maginitude and accuracy) are out of Ryder's league. Then we have guys like Dagenais and Perezhogin who have accurate shots. I know this doesn't count for much but Ryder has been horrible on the shootout this year.

Ryder is a goal scorer but I'm not sure if his shot is the best part of his game.

[Edited on 2005/11/23 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

Ok now i've heard it all. Habbie you cant be serious about Ryder. He has an Tremendous shot. Definilty one of the best wrist shots on the roster. Who cares about magnitude, I.E souray. I know i dont need to point out the WonderFull aspects that define Ryders shot.......Many of his goals are examples of a true shooter, not just some garbage goal scorer.

Pay attention man.

I agree, Ryder is a sniper, and what do all snipers have in common? A great shot.:hlogo:

Originally posted by Trizzak

www.encircling.us

I still don't get it. Help!

Y'know, I think Dagenais first did something useful only after this thread started.  He's obviously a frequent lurker here, and feels he has something to prove.  Let's keep laying it on, and maybe he'll pot 2 tonight!

"Dagenais sucks!!"

Oh don't fool yourself, lots of NHL players lurk around here. In fact, I'm quite positive that many posters here are NHL players in disguise. No wonder some posters are so adament about protecting specific players or rejecting trades. Say......Mont Royal.....MR....Micheal Ryder. You don't fool me buddy. Ryder sucks!!!! Now what are you gonna do about it?

I feel like maybe this thread is going a little of topic.

The fact is that Dagenais is a marginal NHL player who had the misfortune of starting his career right before the new rules came in.

If it werent for the premium now placed on speed then his sniping abilities and large frame would make him a decent player..as it is hes too much of a liability defensively for what meager offerings he does bring to the table.

All of that aside..with the large number of injuries we are seeing develop over the course of this season I just feel that his presence here takes up a roster spot that could be filled by a player with much better all around skills that would be useful to the team in many more ways.

If he were not french canadian from montreal then RDS TQS LA PRESSE and the journal would have been hollering for his head for months now.

a bag of chips for dags is well worth it that guy is the most selfish , useless player we have. the only redeeming quality about dags is the quote, from the movie snatch, where the dude says "do you like dags" and that makes me laugh all the time and the only thing i like about the name dags hehe

Originally posted by Rooster

Y'know, I think Dagenais first did something useful only after this thread started.  He's obviously a frequent lurker here, and feels he has something to prove.  Let's keep laying it on, and maybe he'll pot 2 tonight!

"Dagenais sucks!!"

Oh don't fool yourself, lots of NHL players lurk around here. In fact, I'm quite positive that many posters here are NHL players in disguise. No wonder some posters are so adament about protecting specific players or rejecting trades. Say......Mont Royal.....MR....Micheal Ryder. You don't fool me buddy. Ryder sucks!!!! Now what are you gonna do about it?

Arrgh - you've revealed my identity! I was going to set up Dags for 2 tonight (so I'd be right), but instead I'll get 2 myself. I'll show you who sucks!

Originally posted by Rooster
Originally posted by Trizzak

www.encircling.us

I still don't get it. Help!

Check your u2u messages.

And now linked:

www.encircling.us

Originally posted by ch for life

I feel like maybe this thread is going a little of topic.

The fact is that Dagenais is a marginal NHL player who had the misfortune of starting his career right before the new rules came in.

If it werent for the premium now placed on speed then his sniping abilities and large frame would make him a decent player..as it is hes too much of a liability defensively for what meager offerings he does bring to the table.

All of that aside..with the large number of injuries we are seeing develop over the course of this season I just feel that his presence here takes up a roster spot that could be filled by a player with much better all around skills that would be useful to the team in many more ways.

If he were not french canadian from montreal then RDS TQS LA PRESSE and the journal would have been hollering for his head for months now.

I completely disagree with the highlighted statement. I do not know who we could replace Dags with. We don't want to bring up one of our prospects - they are much better off getting ice time in Hamilton than getting 2-6 minutes per night with the Habs. We could bring in a new player but we don't want to spend any more than we pay Dagenais.

Although you may not feel that he was worthy of 3rd star against Florida his contribution to that game certainly put him in the top 6-7 Habs for that one night. I think it very unlikely we could find someone more useful for similar money. In many respects Dagenais is an excellent 20th guy on the roster in the new NHL with its shootouts.

We certainly dont want CH's management to base their hockey decisions on the insipiditys often heard in TQS or RDS as they often miss the point...........unlike Peter Puck which reveals some of the rationales as to why Dags is still with us.