Remax Canada-Russia Challange All Latendresse

HaliHab

Guillaume Latendresse dominated the first game of this 6 game series. He had a hat trick and looked like the punishing power forward he was during training camp with the Habs. He played on a line with his brother (I assume) Olivier, who is having a spectacular year himself in the Q.

This should solidify Guy as a top choice for the World Junior Team.... this tournament has served this purpose in the past.

Gainey was in attendance and was reportedly all smiles!

Little bit of good news to get everyone excited for our win against Atlanta tonight!

Go Habs Go

ps. the 2nd game, Q vs. Russia is broadcast nationwide on Sportsnet Wed. night.... after this last preformance it might just be worth watching!

Article, from Sportsnet

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/shownews.js...ontent=s112177A

None of his goals were beauties (the firste one was a nice effort though) but atleast we see that he can find the net. Not only is a he a power-forward but he's a goalscorer. Something we lack.

To me it doens't matter how you find the net, just that you do :D. (We've got Kovy for the other at least for a few years anyhow)

Read an article in the paper today about how most players who attend the NHL training camp come back o the Q and have a rough start... must be some psychological thing... heh.

Anywayz, Hopefully I can catch a bit of the game tomorrow night as I did last night... It's alwayz great to get a look at some of the Habs future talent. :D

Good to know he can come up big in important games as well :D.

Originally posted by goHabs2005

Looking like more of the same tonight. He just manhandled someone infront of the net and threw em around like a ragdoll.

A man among boys.

Haha, yea I saw that one also... pretty funny to see him take the guy down so easy... too bad he (and the other guy?) both got penalties though... heh.

Originally posted by goHabs2005
Originally posted by Peter Puck

G. Latendresse scores again!!!  5th goal in 2 games.

4-3 QMJHL

Lets just say Latendresse-Koivu-Kovalev will be a sight to see next season.

Can't Wait!!!!

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

I'd rather see Latendresse-Ribeiro-Ryder. It's more likely anyway.

No chance. We don't have a consistent finisher on our first line. Ryder takes care of that on the second. I guarantee you that Guillaume will play on the first line (unless he stops caring about hockey).