Any Baseball Fans?

Howie_Morenz

Originally posted by Rooster

It would trully be amazing if MLB let Loria AGAIN try to move a team.  I would lose whatever shred of respect I may still have for that league.

Rooster, get ready to lose respect for the league. It is an all out fire sale and there is talk of them leaving because of...Wait for this..... A Stadium deal!!!! Crap, I remember going through this with the BlueJays and Rogers gets the stadium in the end for next to nothing. What did taxpayers here fork out? 500Million? Cannot remember. Bye Florida and Loria, don't let the door slap 'yo A$$ when you leave.

NEWS: The Mets reached a preliminary agreement Wednesday to acquire former Blue Jay Carlos Delgado and $7 million US from the Florida Marlins for first baseman Mike Jacobs and pitcher Yusmeiro Petit. Delgado is owed $48 million for the next three seasons.

Originally posted by Trizzak

Florida found out what Toronto fans already knew.

Delgado is good, but he's not that good.

Actually Florida is finding out what Montreal fans already knew.

Loria is a jacka$$.

Delgado can hit, but he might as well leave the bat in the dugout during clutch situation.

He'll hit the highlight reel grand slam when his team is already ahead by 6 runs, but a clutch hit with the tying run on second? Rarely.

Didn't Wayne Hizinga owner of the Dolphins once own Florida?

I know Loria is killing this club by letting management sign Carlos for such a high price to start with. Personally, I like Delgado, and yes he does not hit the most important home runs. I could never figure out why Florida paid so much money. His contract is also strange. From my understanding the state of Florida has very little or no income tax(State, not Federal). If he gets traded, the team taking him has to make up the difference in the tax rate he has to pay. This is probably why Florida gave NYM $7million.

• 2 weeks later...

*bump*

Jays sign closer BJ Ryan and pitcher AJ Burnett. If they sign or trade for a big bat then the post season is a good possibility this year.

Haven't the Yankees been uncharacteristically silent so far this offseason?

Reds traded Sean Casey for some no-name pitcher from the Pirates, not even a young prospect. I've been a Reds fan all my life, but this horrible move by the awful management of that team is the last straw. It's time for me to find a new team, one that is smart enough to keep its best player and team leader around, rather than making room for prospects such as Wily Mo Pena, the WORST outsfielder I've seen in my life.