(GDT) FEB 04, HABS VS OTTAWA - 7:00pm

habs#4,9,10,33

That was a pretty disheartening second half of the period.  The Habs looked completely disinterested and it showed on the power play.  Even on the Brown play which led to the two-man advantage, Montreal took their time with it, iced it (Gallagher had to hustle to undo that) and then loafed it a bit more. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I’m hoping we have some flash offence and suddenly 6-3

I hope Anderson comes back in the 3rd and scores a couple of quick goals to wake up the rest of the team!

Drouin straight to the locker-room immediately after bumping with Reilly behind the net

Anderson back on bench

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Habsfan said:

Good question. Not sure we need to go there right away. I think that Price should get 66% of games and Allen will get 33%. At least for the first 25-30 games.

I totally agree.  Theres no reason to change anything at the moment, but if Price slightly falters a bit and Allen is solid they should consider playing him more.

In this game I likely would have pulled Price.  Ottawa is in last place so the Habs should not lose to them no matter what.  Allen likely wouldn't allow another goal and the Habs would just need to score the next goal to be right back in it.  Plus the Sens could score again which would be bad for Price's gaa. 

There also the Leafs games coming up to consider.  The Leaf games are super important for them to be 1st so they shouldn't be losing points to the Sens before that series.  Its a terrible time to lose. 

2 minutes ago, brobin said:

Well, Toronto is destroying Vancouver... 

it is possible our record is rather inflated... 

yes

but by how much?

25% 50% 75%

Crucial PP.  If they can;t score on this I'd be surprised if they win.

By the way, anyone new to the forum that hasn't watched a habs game, this is what we have been watching for years.  Playing down to a bad team.

Habs are not playing as a team ... too much individual effort ... it was going to happen sooner or later ... what is important tom me is how they finish the game (win or lose) and more importantly how the play Staurday

1 minute ago, TurdBurglar said:

After the game they need to burn those jerseys.  

I'm OK with that ... if not, buy matching pants... it throws the chromatic karma off. 

%^%$*%^$ ref ran into Price on his way to the bench for the second time