Feb 6, Montreal @ Ottawa 1:00pm EST

TurdBurglar

1 minute ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Allen has been solid again 

It's still early in the season but he looks to be on a totally different level than the backups we've hard recently. Ki ... Ni ... Li ... I already forget what those guys' names were!

8 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Allen has been solid again 

There is zero doubt in my mind that the Sens would have scored on that Gallagher penalty if it had been Price in net.  Allen battles hard constantly...he deserves an even share of the starts at this point until Price wakes up and earns more.

19 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Lehkonen is my new best friend. 

He brings it every damn shift

I've noticed him these past 2 games also....full throttle every time he's on the ice.

2 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

There is zero doubt in my mind that the Sens would have scored on that Gallagher penalty if it had been Price in net.  Allen battles hard constantly...he deserves an even share of the starts at this point until Price wakes up and earns more.

Yeah Price is .899%

Allen is over .930%

They are playing the exact same teams with the exact same players in front

Well I think one of the realities is their shooting percentage is coming back to normal... they need to be able to win close games and so far their record isn’t great on that front... goals are not coming easy anymore..

Ottawa has made the game less entertaining. 

that’s what inferior teams need to do. 

makes me think maybe Habs are exposing that the Sens coaching staff is better than that of the Canucks and Oilers. 

2 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Tough to get much going when you kill penalties most of the time!

Claude needs to start cracking the whip....any penalty not taken in preventing a high percentage scoring chance against should result in benching.  This teamwide discipline problem has gone unchecked for too long.

6 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

That is what happened but it's still a penalty.

Yeah, still a penalty. But definitely some showmanship by Stutzle ... I can't really blame Kulak for this one.

22 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Yeah Price is .899%

Allen is over .930%

They are playing the exact same teams with the exact same players in front

0.952% so far this morning.

26 minutes ago, revvvrob said:

Ottawa has made the game less entertaining. 

that’s what inferior teams need to do. 

makes me think maybe Habs are exposing that the Sens coaching staff is better than that of the Canucks and Oilers. 

I’m all for being a good coach considering I am a coach (in another sport) but I’m not sure you can tell a team with Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl to play a boring game.

I admit I was underwhelmed when I watched our matches versus Edmonton after having predicted them to finish top 3, but to me it’s actually better if Draisaitl and McDavid believe that their team can be contenders simply as a result of them being part of the team. 

McDavid and Draisaitl’s games are based off of being elite offensively, and particularly in McDavid’s case, to be the type of player who brings fans out of their seats, whether at home or in the arena. 

The coach needs to let then play, and play with belief. Rather than instil a mindset that they are inferior.