The time has come...

ch for life

I know that this will displease some people but..

Ribs time has come...

I think its pretty evident that A) This is about as good as he'll ever be and B) We have tons of up and coming talent that could be that good or better..also costing less and not carrying a giant sack of ego around.

So.. there are a few options... personally I know that Pittsburgh is desperate to upgrade a second line center and they.. like many habs fans.. might still believe that Ribs best is still ahead of him and ignore the fact that he gets pushed off the puck 9/10 times. If so we could really use a young defenseman like Whitney.

I also see amrket for his talent and smallish paycheck in colombus which is desperate as well.. and they have a guy over there (klesla) who I would love to see in the bleu-blanc-rouge.

Like I said..just putting it out there.

this is pretty much what I was talking about when I said fixing the Dman and the second line problem with one move.. but on a sort of side note if we had to switch or trade who could actually be there in the market for us as a Dman

I think Ribeiro's doing fine. ANd Ribeiro has a very cheap salary (1.178M) for his skills so he's quite a bargain. It's hard to find a better veteran wiht his abilities that costs less.

I don't think Ribs is going anywhere until season's end, at which time the organization will likely take a long term decision on him. In any event, I don't think any team will trade Whitney or any other blue chip prospect for Ribs. At this point in the season, he most probably is of much more value to the habs than he has value in the trade market.

HUH? ROSTISLAV KLESLA??

Career: Games:206 Goals:15 Assists:33 +/-: -45

I have seen him play a couple of times and is not worth Mike Ribero. Plus is he not injured, only played 5 games this year??

This would not improve the defense in Montreal. We need someone to move guys out from in front of the net. Like Hal Gill on Boston(only as an example) someone big and strong. I know klesla is 6'3" but I question that stat.

The fact that Kleslas #'s are not that great and that at 6'3 he is not that huge is a product of his young age and the dreadfully horrible team he plays for.. there he is a top pairing guy. Here he would be 4-5. Not to mention great shot and tons of time to improve.. Remember everyone writing off Chris Pronger those first few years in Hartford.. They were sure pissed they didn't have the patience to wait.

I don't know if Doug is desperate enough to make the deal.. but if he is then Klesla would be so worth it

Originally posted by ch for life

The fact that Kleslas #'s are not that great and that at 6'3 he is not that huge is a product of his young age and the dreadfully horrible team he plays for.. there he is a top pairing guy. Here he would be 4-5.  Not to mention great shot and tons of time to improve.. Remember everyone writing off Chris Pronger those first few years in Hartford..  They were sure pissed they didn't have the patience to wait.

I don't know if Doug is desperate enough to make the deal.. but if he is then Klesla would be so worth it

Good Point ch for life! I somehow in my own little world forgot how bad Columbus was in the past.

I cannot see Montreal trading a Centre this year though, unless some deal comes along to good to pass up.

Originally posted by olematelot
Originally posted by Macaskill

The time has come...

to put Michael Ryder on the first line...

That's not a bad idea, worth a try IMO

Ryder-Koivu-Bulis?

Originally posted by ch for life

I know that this will displease some people but..

Ribs time has come...

I think its pretty evident that A) This is about as good as he'll ever be and B) We have tons of up and coming talent that could be that good or better..also costing less and not carrying a giant sack of ego around.

So.. there are a few options... personally I know that Pittsburgh is desperate to upgrade a second line center and they.. like many habs fans.. might still believe that Ribs best is still ahead of him and ignore the fact that he gets pushed off the puck 9/10 times.  If so we could really use a young defenseman like Whitney.

I also see amrket for his talent and smallish paycheck in colombus which is desperate as well.. and they have a guy over there (klesla) who I would love to see in the bleu-blanc-rouge.

'' The time as come... "

Catchy title,.....but a deplorable follow-throught for anyone that cares about this team or reality.

Like I said..just putting it out there.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

The time has come...

Ryder-Koivu-Bulis?

Zednik - Koivu - Ryder

Bulis makes a better 3rd liner IMO... he really adds speed to that line.

We (Habs fans) collectively are the worst fans in this league. I realize by saying this that I've included myself in this statement. WE SUCK!!!!!!!

Give me a break. So far, 20 games into the season we've managed to practically overhaul the entire habs roster in our discussions. I'm getting tired of these wish lists, dreaming of what the Habs could have, getting rid of this and that. I may not be happy with some of the performances of some individuals on the team both ON and OFF the ice but to wish them away is another thing.

We gotta get off this soap box. Our attitudes suck and we could bring the team down with it. I realize we are simply discussing hypothetically blah, blah, blah,... but it does have its consequences. Negativity breads negativity. Pretty soon we'll be booing another one of the Habs valued assests from the stands and chasing him out of town.

Maybe I'm taking this web site too seriously.... but I'm already growing to dislike a number of these threads. I realize my contribution to this site has been very little. I also realise that a lot of you know a hell of a lot more than I do. But frankly, in my opinion this post has been my finest. Enjoy the team you've got habs fans, let management decide who should go and enjoy the ride.

:hlogo:

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

The time has come...

Ryder-Koivu-Bulis?

Did you see what Bulis did on Koivu's breakaway? He had the opportunity to prevent Kovalchuk from backchecking, and Saku could have gone in uncontested. Instead, he stopped skating at the blueline, and then when Koivu was forced to drop the puck to him, he couldn't control it. That's not a first line player. Put him back on the checking line where he contributes.

Originally posted by johnnyhasbeen

Why does everyone want a trade when all is going ahead of plan?

Silly attitude if you ask me......and totally incongruous with the manner in which the CH organisation are looking at things,.. which in and of itself explain in parts the reasons why the CH seems always able to perform a little above than what you see on paper,...which they have been able to acheived once again in this early going, as you appropriatly pointed out.

Players appreciate a stable organisation over a neurotic one and it tend to show positively on the building aspects inherent in a team.

That seriousness from the top is giving each players a solid chance to be part of a processs and to create a team.....I am shure that aspect alone was what attracted Kovalev most,....not a Cup contending team but one in which he trusted the organisation's ''know how'' about building one.

In the mean time this team as showned to be a true regular season competitive machine that can play above inherent weacknesses that are the lot of most any teams,... and that is a shure sign that the process is going right.

There is only one true weakness to this team that will have the team to fall bellow its new acheived status, the absence of Kovalev and Koivu cannot be compensate for without taking quite a dive. I can live with that.

Originally posted by matsnaslundsuperfan

We (Habs fans) collectively are the worst fans in this league.  I realize by saying this that I've included myself in this statement.  WE SUCK!!!!!!!

Give me a break.  So far, 20 games into the season we've managed to practically overhaul the entire Habs roster in our discussions.  I'm getting tired of these wish lists,  dreaming of what the Habs could have, getting rid of this and that.  I may not be happy with some of the performances of some individuals on the team both ON and OFF the ice but to wish them away is another thing.

We gotta get off this soap box.  Our attitudes suck and we could bring the team down with it.  I realize we are simply discussing hypothetically blah, blah, blah,... but it does have its consequences.   Negativity breads negativity.  Pretty soon we'll be booing another one of the Habs valued assests from the stands and chasing him out of town.

Maybe I'm taking this web site too seriously.... but I'm already growing to dislike a number of these threads.  I realize my contribution to this site has been very little. I also realise that a lot of you know a hell of a lot more than I do.  But frankly, in my opinion this post has been my finest.  Enjoy the team you've got habs fans, let management decide who should go and enjoy the ride.

Don't take life so seriously. Kick back relax and have fun...

If you don't like negativity (is that a word) then it is hard to read anything in the paper, watching news, or just watching TV. Fans will always argue and this site is actually quite good for intelligent or just fun arguements.

EVERY contribution is a valued asset to this forum as everyone has their point of view. I respect everyone's opinion. You are right about letting management do their job, but there must be some changes you would like to see.

We all have our opinions and I chuckle at those that have the superior than thou attitude. I know there are some people who post here that play hockey and know more about player interaction and coaching decisions. These contributors enhance this board with their knowledge.

Sorry about the rambling, just hate to see people leave this forum.

Originally posted by matsnaslundsuperfan

We (Habs fans) collectively are the worst fans in this league.  I realize by saying this that I've included myself in this statement.  WE SUCK!!!!!!!

Give me a break.  So far, 20 games into the season we've managed to practically overhaul the entire Habs roster in our discussions.  I'm getting tired of these wish lists,  dreaming of what the Habs could have, getting rid of this and that.  I may not be happy with some of the performances of some individuals on the team both ON and OFF the ice but to wish them away is another thing.

We gotta get off this soap box.  Our attitudes suck and we could bring the team down with it.  I realize we are simply discussing hypothetically blah, blah, blah,... but it does have its consequences.   Negativity breads negativity.  Pretty soon we'll be booing another one of the Habs valued assests from the stands and chasing him out of town.

Maybe I'm taking this web site too seriously.... but I'm already growing to dislike a number of these threads.  I realize my contribution to this site has been very little. I also realise that a lot of you know a hell of a lot more than I do.  But frankly, in my opinion this post has been my finest.  Enjoy the team you've got habs fans, let management decide who should go and enjoy the ride.

Nice rant, mats! I think we all know, deep down, that you're absolutely correct.

You are also correct in saying you're taking this web site too seriously. This is, after all, entertainment. To varying degrees, we all like to play armchair GM or coach, and muse about different transactions and line combinations. Most of us (but not all) realize that the team is best served with its current GM and coach, but it's an entertaining diversion for us to second guess them. Perhaps this has some negative effects, but for the majority who take this for the entertainment it is, it's not serious. As usual, it's the loopy minority that are the danger.

As for the entertainment factor, it decreases if all there is to talk about is good, unfortunately. Just like the morning paper sells more if there's a sexy or violent picture on the front, this forum is at its best when there's someone putting forward a controversial idea.

How boring would it be if we stuck with reality?

"Habs are doing great this year."

"Yup, sure are. Go Habs!"

"Habs rule, man."

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

So more controversy is better?

Saku Kovalev and Theo for Domi Tucker and Belfour.

We'd get some extra goal scoring potential with Belfour...

I have no problem with someone throwing around potential trades, as long as they keep the trades realistic. As long as people aren't proposing "Dagenais + Ribeiro for Crosby" trades... I mean, that's what Leafs fans do, not us.

Originally posted by mrgodo

So more controversy is better?

Saku Kovalev and Theo for Domi Tucker and Belfour.

We'd get some extra goal scoring potential with Belfour...

Yes.

What?!? Are you out of your mind?? Domi and Belfour are over the hill, and Tucker's a whack job! Saku and Alex are the heart of our offence, and Theo's, uh, much better lately!

See? Now that's entertaining! (to me, anyway).