Feb 10, Toronto @ Montreal, 7:30pm EST

TurdBurglar

All i know is that at several (numerous?) points, Habs had no one in the crease and just dumb luck no Leaf tapped it in the open net, after Price had slid out of net.

I am by no means a goaltending expert, just seemed like Price was out of position too much.

But was a slower and lower scoring game than i expected.

Not slow enough for Edmunston though, falling down play was sad (that was his Sheldon Souray impression on how to defend properly), hope he sits today and Mete is back in.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Actually, he was THE Carey Price not that long ago - during the play-in.

That said, I find myself sharing the frustration about his early-season funks. If memory serves, this is the fourth straight season he starts out poorly. It's not a fluke any more, it's a pattern. The Habs might want to work with him next off-season to break established patterns and see if he can come in strong instead of weak.

That was a 10 game stretch ... and even in the tournament/playoffs his last three games against Philadelphia he had Sv% of .909, .897 and .824 ... by regularly I meant longer stretches and more often, like 10 out of every 12-14 games over the course of a season ... with NHL average starting goalie the rest of the time (maybe a stinker ever 25 games or so - every goalie has them) ... other than the tournament/playoffs last fall, since the start of the 2019-20 season Price's Sv% is .907

As Is aid, I think he can be that goalie more often, and hope he will be

18 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

That was a 10 game stretch ... and even in the tournament/playoffs his last three games against Philadelphia he had Sv% of .909, .897 and .824 ... by regularly I meant longer stretches and more often, like 10 out of every 12-14 games over the course of a season ... with NHL average starting goalie the rest of the time (maybe a stinker ever 25 games or so - every goalie has them) ... other than the tournament/playoffs last fall, since the start of the 2019-20 season Price's Sv% is .907

As Is aid, I think he can be that goalie more often, and hope he will be

As per an article i posted the other day, pure sv% is no longer the best way to rate goaltending play. 

The 2019-20 Habs were a very poor defensive team and gave up many high danger chances.  When you factor that in, Price was still a top ten goalie last season. 

Allen is 940 save percentage 

Price is 896

They both play the same teams with the same team in front of him. 

Even is save percentage is not the gold standard stat now, those numbers say a whole lot. 

Jake Allen is outplaying Price this year and I’m happy to have Allen in net today 

• Upvote 1