Feb 10, Toronto @ Montreal, 7:30pm EST

TurdBurglar

Wonder what's up with Byron.  To not even be in the warmup is, well, odd.  Wonder if he's not 100%.

Decent start although Toronto woke up following Montreal's feeble attempt at something resembling a power play.  I won't complain about the lead though.

Just now, dlbalr said:

Decent start although Toronto woke up following Montreal's feeble attempt at something resembling a power play.  I won't complain about the lead though.

That PP attempt was pretty sad. The Leafs forecheckers were aggressive, we had trouble entering the zone and could not get a PP set up even once.

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Wonder what's up with Byron.  To not even be in the warmup is, well, odd.  Wonder if he's not 100%.

Have to think it is injury/illness (regular cold/flu) ... unless Paul was THAT upset about the possibility of sitting out ... which wouldn't seem like him ... TRADE RUMOUR (kidding)

I didn’t realize that Marner has never scored against the Habs, let alone that we’re the only team he hasn’t scored against. 

Just now, Habsfan said:

Habs PP coming up...Hope it'll be more convincing than the first PP!

Could it be less?

THat's three times now that we can't get it out of the zone.

THe boys are playing like shit and the LEafs score! Was bound to happen!

I'm really not impressed with the way the Habs are playing tonight. They seem slow. Another lousy wrist shot without any traffic in front of Andersen and he makes an easy glove save. 

What the, what just happened?  The feed switched to commercial break but the score updated to 1-1 at the bottom of the screen.  I still havent seen the goal.  Apparently my feed has quite the delay. 

Oh, I just saw it. 

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I dont know what game you are watching.  Overall habs have been better team.

Overall, yes ... but THIS period the Laffs have done a good job of pinning the Habs in their own for long stretches ... RDS mentioned that Romanov/Kulak has a shift of almost 2 minutes ... apparently another 2 minuter for them at the end of the period

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

Overall, yes ... but THIS period the Laffs have done a good job of pinning the Habs in their own for long stretches ... RDS mentioned that Romanov/Kulak has a shift of almost 2 minutes

Some of that is the leafs are a good team too.  You cant dominate 60 minutes.

Overall the Habs have been better through 40

Just now, brobin said:

Brutal... trip a guy with one second left... perhaps accidental but if the leafs offence wakes up look out..

It was the proverbial Laff "kept his feet moving".... but stupid to have have engaged him like that so late in the period ... especially as he wasn't the last man back