Feb 11, Oilers vs Habs, 8:00 PM

tomh009

1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

Ranger sweaters with a Habs logo.  Abomination i say.

Is our white jersey any different than a white Rangers jersey with a Habs logo? They’re really not the same...

Not to mention the blue is different.

I thought that may be the response and I respect your opinion. They don’t look like Rangers jerseys to me on the other hand. 

We’re also wearing blue pants and a blue helmet and that’s where things get thrown off to me. Ironically, I think the whole getup would look even better if we actually looked more like Columbus/New York with the red pants. 

Then again, Tampa rocks the blue pants/helmet, as do the Leafs... Canucks as well.

Columbus is the only team I can think of that have worn both blue pants and red pants depending on their jersey. 

I missed the game, but definitely bummed on the results. 

21 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

A lot of pieces which were working early - Suzuki, KK, Edmundson, Romanov, Kulak - are not clicking right now. Meanwhile, other teams seem to have discovered that the D struggles with an aggressive forecheck. Good thing Allen is standing tall.

Yep.  Several Habs Dmen arent great at quick passes and aggressive fore-checking also slows and takes away their F's speed too.

21 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I think the independent variable is probably other teams. They studied our early success and have made adjustments (“this is how you play these guys”). It’s up to us to respond. 

I was worried after the loss to the Sens.  I figured that all Cdn teams would be reviewing that game very closely and would be able to figure out what the Sens were doing to stop the Habs.

21 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

We are most definitely blue line stacking and sitting in a defensive posture. Not sure why we are so horrible in our own zone

Thats been a huge pet peeve of mine for years.  i.e. when the other carries the puck out of their own zone the Habs typically gift the other team team the entire neutral zone + their own blue line and retreat to out front of their own hashmarks.  However, I guess the blue line is a big improvement on that.  Maybe they will start making use of the blue line and at least try to force some offsides. 

In that scenario, I like how Edmundson steps up sometimes to check/open ice hit the puck carrier.  I want to see more of them do that and it would be a great thing for Romanov to learn. 

4 hours ago, DON said:

2 is too many, gimmick served its purpose and am sure sold lots of blue Hab jerseys.

I have to wonder whether they might be contractually obligated to wear them for a certain number of games ... may not be their choice whether they can just stop

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

I have to wonder whether they might be contractually obligated to wear them for a certain number of games ... may not be their choice whether they can just stop

They have four more games with them - one this month (next Saturday against Toronto) and three in March.  I suspect there is a minimum number of games they have to be worn though I'm not sure if the Habs are at or above that mark.

• tomh009 changed the title to Feb 11, Oilers vs Habs, 8:00 PM