Avery's offically lost his mind

Leafs Suck

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=144453&hubname=

Outspoken Kings forward Sean Avery blasted Nashville forwards Paul Kariya and Darcy Hordichuk in a post-game tirade following the Kings 4-3 loss to the Predators on Thursday. His bold and loud pronouncements were printed in the Los Angeles Times and the Tennessean on Friday.

"Paul Kariya is the biggest diver in the league," Avery said. "Hordichuk is the worst player in the NHL."

Avery was venting in response to a pounding he recived from Hordichuk, apparently in retaliation for a questionable hit Avery made on Kariya in the third period.

"He's is an embarrassment to the league," Avery said of Hordichuk. "He can't even skate. He can't shoot. He can't pass. I mean just look at the stats. It's pretty clear."

Avery was upset that Kariya had received a penalty shot in the game after being contacted by defenceman Lubomir Visnovsky. The Times reported that replays indicated Kariya did not have a breakaway or the puck when he was fouled.

The verbal shot at Kariya's alleged talent for falling artistically was more than a little ironic, since Avery is the only player to be disciplined this season for diving.

"What do you say about that?" Kariya said. "I got hauled down."

As for the hit from Avery, Kariya said he didn't see it, since his back was turned. There was no penalty called.

Less than a minute later, however, Hordichuk took the law into his own hands by jumping Avery. Hordichuk flailed away while Avery ducked and covered. Hordichuk received penalties for fighting and instigating, plus a misconduct and game misconduct.

Hordichuck later claimed to have been cross-checked in the throat by Avery. He said the hit on Kariya that followed was more than he could bear.

"I wasn't going to retaliate (for the cross-check), but when he starts hitting Paul Kariya, I felt like I had to send a message," Hordichuk told the Times. "If I had to do it all over again, I'd do it.

"Sometimes he just chirps his mouth too much and there can be repercussions. If you let him run around and hit your key players, he's going to keep doing it.

"I'm not worried about getting suspended. If he hits one of our key players, he knows there are going to be consequences."

On this point, veteran Luc Robitaille came to Avery's defence - verbally, anyways.

"I get hit, Jeremy Roenick gets hit, you're allowed to hit Paul Kariya," Robitaille told the Los Angeles Times. "There was no penalty called (on Avery). It was a clean hit."

Robitaille was also upset because he had been slammed to the ice while digging for a rebound during the game. While he was down, Robitaille was punched in the head by Predators goalie Tomas Vokoun, who then received a shot in return.

"That was a joke," Robitaille told the Times. "I just spent two weeks out after a goaltender slashed me in the leg. I'm not going to let that happen again. That was a joke. But you're not allowed to hit Paul Kariya."

For his part, Vokoun said that Robitaille was to blame for the incident.

"He slashed at me three times," Vokoun told the Times. "I'll take it once, but three times, I'm going to punch you. I'm not going to sit there and take that."

Robitaille and Vokoun getting physical was unexpected, but Avery has a history of bad blood with the Predators, the Tennesean reported. In the first meeting between the teams this year, Avery was thrown out for checking Simon Gamache from behind. In the second meeting, Avery received a double minor for drawing blood when he high-sticked Hordichuk.

With the players talking about a playoff type of rivalry forming between the teams, Nashville coach Barry Trotz took the brewing war of words in stride.

"He's got lots to say," Trotz said of Avery. "I'll leave it at that."

Obviously the douche bag is only doing these sorts of things to get press. When you have limited skills like he does, you gotta resort to other tactics to keep the fans interested.

Wonder if SNazi is gonna do another "good Canadian boy Avery" story again.

I noticed Sour Grapes is quiet on this subject. Suprised he hasn't voiced his support for the bigot Avery. Woulda be funny seeing him support a diver and turtler.

Oh my god this stupid idiot is such a tool. I cant wait unntil we play these guys and have begin knock his asss out on a hit...

And also, who is Avery to call an emmbarassment to the league? are you kidding me! Avery - check YOUR stats! YOU are the emmbarassment to the league..all you do is trash talk and dive! I cannot believe the L.A general manager hasnt scratched gotten rid of you.

"Let him get the penalty," Avery said of Hordichuk after practice Friday. "Why would I fight a guy like that? Why would I want to break my hand on a guy who can't skate, shoot or pass?

HaHa, Mario, Jaromir and Simon Gagné better watch out.

"I play against the top lines every night, If [a top-line] player wants to square off against me, that's fine." -Sean Avery

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey/nhl/k...ack=1&cset=true

In the Maurice Richard movie that hit the big screen this week-end here in Quebec, Avery is playing the role of Bill Dill. A NY Ranger goon of the late 40's. There's a nice scene of a memorable fight between him and the Rocket. (the rocket knocked him down of course!!!)

So you have Avery taking a beating by the rocket, even oif it's only a movie it was a nice moment!!!

Really great movie!

Hope you guys can see it!

Originally posted by Tim_McCracken

In the Maurice Richard movie that hit the big screen this week-end here in Quebec, Avery is playing the role of Bill Dill. A NY Ranger goon of the late 40's. There's a nice scene of a memorable fight between him and the Rocket. (the rocket knocked him down of course!!!)

So you have Avery taking a beating by the rocket, even oif it's only a movie it was a nice moment!!!

Really great movie!

Hope you guys can see it!

Well of course, Avery's such a stud that he only fights "first-liners..." What a joke, even though I despise Bertuzzi, I'd love to see him rub this guy out. As long as it's clean and legal that is.

["I play against the top lines every night, If [a top-line] player wants to square off against me, that's fine." -Sean Avery

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey/nhl/k...ack=1&cset=true

24 GP, 6 G, 13 Pts, -2. 11 min per game. He's not exactly a Selke nominee at this point. And what coaches are playing their top lines 11 minutes a night?

Yeah I agree he is a Joke 100%.

But I bet his teammates love him especially JR.

Anyways the Kings are a great team with lots of firepower; they will be a tough challenge for out boys Saturday

• 3 weeks later...