The Cristobal Huet Thread

mathieug

Originally posted by Mont Royale
Originally posted by mathieug
Originally posted by RobRock

Huet stated earlier this year that he didn't expect to be with the team, or even in the league for that matter, after this season.  I'm eager to see him play his first game.

Cristobal Huet a hâte de disputer son premier match à Montréal

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20051206...5128/CPSPORTS01

I'm not French, but I'm kind of alarmed... does that say Huet would hate to play his first game for Montreal?!?

;)

Nope, he's looking forward at playing his first game here.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huet's looking forward at playing his first game for the Habs. The last couple of days he has been working with Mr. Melanson on his position, recovery and play behind the net. Huet played 4 games (0-4-0, 3.79 GAA, .862 Sv%) in the AHL after recovery from knee surgery. He played two solid games and 2 bad ones. Those bad games won't bother him much. Huet doesn't know when he will get his first start. "I don't know if I will start the game in Carolina the 31 december." Yokes. Huet is also looking forward to the olympics, where he'll be representing team France. "I'm the team France starting goalie for 5-6 years now." says Huet, who played already at 2 olympics. "Hockey in France is in a rebuilding mode. We're behind on Suisse, Germany & Austria, but the future's bright."

OK, my english is not perfect but here's hoping you'll understand the text.

During the lockout he played for the Mannheim Eagles in the DEL and he looked good at times. I saw him stand on his head quite often for the french national team. He's a good goalie.

• 5 weeks later...

Cristo will get the start in goal on saturday against the sens.

Good luck Cristo, time to get a win.

Go Habs go!

mathieug AKA mathieu30, damn hackers

:hlogo:

From what I've seen I like Huet......Let him keep playing......

How come he is so old and only has a few seasons behind him? The year he played 41 games for a shitty L.a team he only had a record of 10-16-10 but his numbers were great

Sit Theo for the rest of the week no matter what.............he's not helping us at all right now.

Huet Should be number one for the rest of the month

GO HUET

Julien is really trying to ignite the girls...........

New line to start against the Sens

Kostitsyn-Ribero- Kovalev

Interesting.....Huet in net. Not sure what he's doing with Koivu

I'd like to see Higgins-Koivu-Ryder again... but i imagine Higgins will be replaced by Zeddy...

Huet (along with Kovalev) was the reason why we beat Ottawa last time. He's outplayed Theodore in his few games and he definitely deserves a start whereas Theo doesn't deserve anything more than front row seats to the Sens game. If I were Julien I'd keep starting Huet until he screws up.

How come he is so old and only has a few seasons behind him? The year he played 41 games for a shitty L.a team he only had a record of 10-16-10 but his numbers were great

Sit Theo for the rest of the week no matter what.............he's not helping us at all right now.

Huet Should be number one for the rest of the month

GO HUET

I would have to agree. I don’t believe he should get every start but it is time to send a message. If he plays well against Ottawa win or loose he should get the Avs on the 11th. That would be 6 days off for Theo and he cant sit with Dags and they can eat hot dogs, and get Ketchup and Mustard all over their pin stripe fawn coloured suits.

And so on and so forth until Theo stands on his head. By stands on his head me must earn a shutout or keeps Montreal in a game when the have a one goal lead early.

The most logical way to use the goalies is to play Huet until he messes up. So far he's been looking solid and Theodore is looking less than solid. We should keep playing Huet and take advantage of his strong performances but as soon as he plays a bad game, we put Theo in goal and he'll be desperate to prove himself. Playing Theo even when he loses isn't the way to go.

The most logical way to use the goalies is to play Huet until he messes up. So far he's been looking solid and Theodore is looking less than solid. We should keep playing Huet and take advantage of his strong performances but as soon as he plays a bad game, we put Theo in goal and he'll be desperate to prove himself. Playing Theo even when he loses isn't the way to go.

Ok but Crappy is how he played his last game! against Washington was it? yeah! crappy!

lets hope otherwise! Ottawa is still powerfull even if were playing against an AHL team tomorrow morning ( 11 am for me that game!!) Heatley still dangerous

I'm a little worried Murray should be playing unless its ferland who is going to be physical in return! perhaps its best Lets Keep Murray on his heels too he's been a little dormant lately!

How come he is so old and only has a few seasons behind him?

GO HUET

A lack of scouts in Europe?! He was chosen in the 2001 draft, at age 25. He got some international exposure in the Nagano Olympics ('98/ 2GP 1W, 1L, 2.5 GAA, .925 Sv%) and during the world championships (1997-2001). He was chosen goaltender of the year twice in the Suisse Elite league before he got drafted (1999-2000 & 2000-2001).

It is not feasible to have Danis the back up right now. He needs as many games as possible working with the same team. Danis needs to be a starter, have the focus of a starter. If they call Danis up Huet has to be dealt because he will not clear waivers. I just don’t think this is the right path, Huet had one shaky game and actually it was just a shaky period against Washington. So lets give him the benefit of the doubt he beat the Sens and stopped Heatly and Alfie to boot.

So we don't play Huet because his last start 2 weeks ago, he played bad? But we should play Theodore because his last 20 starts have been bad?

We should use a hot goalie until he stops being hot. If he messes up tonight then it's Theodore's turn. Danis should stay in the minors and get as many games as he can. And don't forget that in Danis's last few starts he blew it and lost them. I think he left with a 3-3 record after winning the first 3. In my opinion, Danis is trade bait. He will never be the starter for the Habs. After Theodore, Price is ready. Danis is a starting material or atleast has starting potential so he will eventually be traded. Better than gus like Halak and Heino-Lindberg who will play in Europe their whole lives.

And Heatley isn't of much use by himself. I watched the Ottawa-Washington game and Heatley was invisible. Ottawa won 3-1 with en empty netter so it was very close. I think one goal was a point blast from Chara on the PP, too.Sure, they'll be a tough team but our roster outdoes theirs tonight. Hopefully we can get by their tight defence.

So we don't play Huet because his last start 2 weeks ago, he played bad? But we should play Theodore because his last 20 starts have been bad?

We should use a hot goalie until he stops being hot. If he messes up tonight then it's Theodore's turn. Danis should stay in the minors and get as many games as he can. And don't forget that in Danis's last few starts he blew it and lost them. I think he left with a 3-3 record after winning the first 3. In my opinion, Danis is trade bait. He will never be the starter for the Habs. After Theodore, Price is ready. Danis is a starting material or atleast has starting potential so he will eventually be traded. Better than gus like Halak and Heino-Lindberg who will play in Europe their whole lives.

And Heatley isn't of much use by himself. I watched the Ottawa-Washington game and Heatley was invisible. Ottawa won 3-1 with en empty netter so it was very close. I think one goal was a point blast from Chara on the PP, too.Sure, they'll be a tough team but our roster outdoes theirs tonight. Hopefully we can get by their tight defence.

what your saying is that Danis will be like Garon in a year or two our second Goalie but capable of being number one somewhere else! and of course Price would later be the starting G. in three years

Question would be perhaps by then Huet is gone or miraculously has replaced Theo and the latter weve traded already or both Huet and Theo are gone and we got luongo ahhaha

I see what u mean now Bulis ...interesting pronostics...even for a Leaf lubber in disguise ;)

what your saying is that Danis will be like Garon in a year or two our second Goalie but capable of being number one somewhere else! and of course Price would later be the starting G. in three years

Question would be perhaps by then Huet is gone or miraculously has replaced Theo and the latter weve traded already or both Huet and Theo are gone and we got luongo ahhaha

I see what u mean now Bulis ...interesting pronostics...even for a Leaf lubber in disguise ;)

Now you're catching on. I think Huet's contract is up in the offseason so I doubt we re-sign him. Then Danis is our back-up for a couple of years. After a couple of years, he's 26-27 or something. It's time to be a starter somewhere else. The thing is that by then Price will only be 21 and might be better off still in the AHL.

Now you're catching on. I think Huet's contract is up in the offseason so I doubt we re-sign him. Then Danis is our back-up for a couple of years. After a couple of years, he's 26-27 or something. It's time to be a starter somewhere else. The thing is that by then Price will only be 21 and might be better off still in the AHL.

Let's see how he plays for the rest of the season. If he can do anything near tonights performance we shouldnt dismiss him lightly

Huet is to start wednesday against the Avalanche. I think he deserves it and I think Julien is trying to send a message, either perform or sit.

Furthermore, the trio of Dags, Ribs and Theo have gone under some hard times lately with benchings and now with Dags being sent down. I think Julien is making the right move by breaking up that group because I feel that they were bringing each other down both on and off the ice.

When asked by reporters about not playing on wed, it seems that Theo got visibly upset. I think that's great. Personally, I always played better when I was a little angry. Maybe when you make that much money per year in a guaranteed contract, it takes a little bruising on the ego before you get real incentive to play. I guess we'll see how #60 responds.

Bold prediction: Huet is the number one guy for the rest of the season.

(won't happen, but it's fun to make bold predictions every once in a while...)

Theo's next game will be on the 14th of January against Philedelphia, in Philly. He will be wearing the white uniform of the Colorado Avalanche. The reason he's sitting out this Wed is because a deal is done and won't be announced until after the game - the Avs didn't want him injured (or to play against him) before they acquired him. Look to see who's sitting for the Avs that night as well! Continuing the bold prediction, Theo will be joined by Zednik and Ribeiro, and in return the Habs will get Tanguay, Liles, and Laperriere.

And now back to your regularly scheduled life - where bold predictions never come true.

:P