The Cristobal Huet Thread

mathieug

Exactly, thats why I argue with people who want him listed as a Vezina trophy candidate. Yes he's played very well, but Kipprusoff and Turco are much more deserving for having done what Huet has done over the whole season. Both have 40+ wins and Kipprusoff has more shutouts. Lundqvist is more deserving as well, although he's played less games then Kipprusoff and Turco and thats whats hurting him.

Yes we are desperate. Its been 10 years since we've traded away St. Patrick. Most other teams in the leauge have one, orhave had one in the last 10 years. We due for a superstar

I know hardly anyone will agree with me, but I think Koivu's our superstar... I know he doesn't meet the typical criteria, but that's my opinion, so there! :P

Back to the thread, I think Huet should be considered for the Vezina, but in no way should he win... Kipper & Turco are far more deserving

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Huet can squeeze out one or two more shutouts and maintain his position among the leaders in save % and GAA he deserves a nomination but for sure does not deserve the hardware.

If Huet can squeeze out one or two more shutouts and maintain his position among the leaders in save % and GAA he deserves a nomination but for sure does not deserve the hardware.

I think Kiprusoff, Turco, Legacy and Lundqvist all deserve nominations over Huet. Huet would be right there if he had not be injured and played 18-20 more games.

• 3 weeks later...

01.jpg

«À sept ou huit ans, Cristobal a reçu un chandail du Canadien et c'était peut-être son vêtement préféré à cette époque. Il faut savoir que, pour nous, en Europe, le Canadien de Montréal est tout simplement synonyme de hockey.»

-Dominique Huet, Cristobals' father

« J'aimerais bien revenir avec le Canadien et faire quelque chose de bien avec l'équipe. Moi je me sens bien ici, alors si les deux parties peuvent être contents, je pense qu'il n'y a pas de raison d'aller voir ailleurs. »

-Cristobal Huet

I would love to come back and play for Montréal next season. I want to get some good results with this team. I feel good in Montréal. If the team and my agent can work out a deal, there's no reason for me not to come back.

Huet et Bouillon ont le coeur avec le CH

• 7 months later...

CH: L'année d'un Français

During the lockout he played for the Mannheim Eagles in the DEL and he looked good at times. I saw him stand on his head quite often for the french national team. He's a good goalie.

.. I feel so smart.. :P:lol::lol:;)

:hlogo: #39 icon12.gif :hlogo:

CH: L'année d'un Français

.. I feel so smart.. :P:lol::lol:;)

:hlogo: #39 icon12.gif :hlogo:

and we love that about you and we love you for that...

GO :hlogo: GO

in 113 games he is .921

Turco 283 for .916

Kiprusoff 189 for .920

He ain't just putting up numbers this year and he is as real as they come. Accept this and stop worrying. He is as good or better than any other goalie in the league.

My immediate impression on Huet was I was happy he was a big goalie. He takes up alot of net.

The rest is history. Until a wheel falls off he is an elite goalie in the NHL no question!

a wheel falls off?

of him or your bandwagon?

GO :hlogo: GO!

I just spent 20 mins reading this entire thread; Its impressive to see how Huet has evolved in our thoughts and comments over this short stint with the habs; Now that he has put up impressive numbers again in the first half of this season; The thought of his dominance in the next half certainly gives me comfort. I count myself in with those that weren't holding their breath; just in case the bubble burst and things went south in a hurry. I'm glad to say that huet has and continues to prove me wrong and this make me very happy to be a Huet Fan!

Go HABS Go

Go Huet Go!

Go H Go!

• 1 month later...

Cristo has people working on a new mask:

Ses œuvres portées par des stars de la LNH

Présentement, nous sommes en train de travailler sur un projet pour Cristobal Huet. On a discuté. Il a dit ce qu'il voulait. Je pars de là et je propose des concepts."

Cristobal a demandé que le concept tourne autour de la boule de cristal, une allusion à son nom (crystal ball en anglais).

crystal_ball.jpg

I dont care what anyone sais Huet is the ONLY player who is still working hard and showing EMOTION in his play. After every goal last night he shook his head and slammed his stick on the ice. Even the last goal even if he hadnt let it in it wouldnt have made a difference.

The reason I think he'll pull through is EXACTLY because of this. Hard work and caring will pay off big time and I'll come back and quote this post in a couple weeks!

You'll see.

• 5 months later...

I find it a little intimidating now... It'd be better suited for Emery, who likes bashing players with his stick...