The Cristobal Huet Thread

mathieug

I'm really amazed why Gainey thinks Huet didnt play that much against Tampa Bay and ... Huet was looking down tired tonight but either caught a second wind or adrenaline made him use up whatever he had left! I really believe he risks getting burned ... Huet is the kind of Goalie that wont say to gainey he's tired even if he is!

Do you imagine he pulls a groin or gets hurt? I preffer that we give Danis a chance and be content with 7 out 8 points we've gotten so far! I wanna beat the Laughs too but not at our Saviours expense!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes people are wrong.

I said earlier that Huet was the perfect backup. But right now he's not only looking to be a legitimate starter, he's one of the best in the leauge.

Huet and Lundkvist has the best saving percentage in the NHL right now. The Garon-Bonk-Huet trade that look so stupid a couple of months ago are now looking to be a great one.

20 something games played and it could be to early to tell but with his play he and Henrik Lundkvist could be nominees for the Vezina trophy.

Then again, you could just go with a 1/1A approach - worked well with Hackett and Theo, and with Roy and Hayward, back in the day.

...and with Worsley and Vachon in a day further back...

But I wouldn't platoon a $5.5 mil Théo with a 500K Huet, too many politics because of the salaries, no? Rather do that with Danis/Huet, play whoever is hot until they slip or fatigue...

anyway what I like about Huet is he is solid playing the puck, he can control rebounds then advance the puck to a defenceman. I never liked the fact that Théo has to switch his stick round to play the puck, a big minus on what he can do back there...

Not pissed just wanted to prove what I good person I am by switching my mind in the same thread so everyone could see that people can change. :-)

Not pissed just wanted to prove what I good person I am by switching my mind in the same thread so everyone could see that people can change. :-)

hehehe I wouldn't have believed it either if someone told me that Huet would be one of the best in league and Theo among the worst!

huet had a couple of weakish games against the flyers & leafs... heck... he's human...

huet had a couple of weakish games against the flyers & leafs... heck... he's human...

Danis should have played at least one of those two games, it was crazy to have Huet play both. I'm not sure I understand Bob's logic.

Danis should have played at least one of those two games, it was crazy to have Huet play both. I'm not sure I understand Bob's logic.

Ditto. Danis should have played after Sundin's second goal.

completely agree -- Huet was hot but no reason to burn him out with back-to-back games especially when Danis has a shutout in one of his Habs' starts and has a good GAA as well. Even before we lost in Toronto I thought Danis should get the start, it's not 20/20 hindsight here...

RDS reported that Gainey never believed we would get a point out of the laughs engagement!... which again made me wonder then why the hell burn Huet ??? now I wonder would Gainey have thought so wrongly?

Was it more important for Gainey to avoid allowing Danis to suffer a sure loss (thus perhaps affecting his confidence?) rathen than losing with Huet in Goal?

I think Gainey is playing safe and more importantly I believe he was testing to see how far our Huet can handle game after game! This is what I have deduced after a nights sleep

I was pissed off last night at Gainey now I realize just how smart he is! And praise to him!

I wonder if this was Gainey's way of showing his trust in Huet: You tell me when you need to sit. You know your body. Are you good for tonight? Yes, then get in there.

That may be but I hope Danis starts in Boston. Huet looked relly tired out there and confused at times. He needs a rest, especially facing 35 powerplays a night.

Im glad Huet was in net versus the Bruins.

Only Kiprusoff has more shutouts than Huet. Only Hasek and Lundqvist has a better saving percentage.

The Canadiens has a backup that costs 1.9 million.

Can anyone tell me how was Huet's attidude when the scramble was ongoing? i heard form the radio he had to be restrained from getting into the brawl... all I saw was Ribeiro giving him one hell of a Hug when the game ended!!

come on fill me in guys and gals! was it something???

Well Huet was angry he must have seen the spear.

He wanted to go after the bruins as he knows Rib's is not a big guy.

I believe a Thomas Huet fight would be interesting they could possibly have 3 more chances to do it this year. ;)

This team is very close right now and Rib's dropping the gloves and Begin and Rivet along with everyone else on the ice coming immediately to his aid shows that no one will mess with anyone on this team, I see Simpson fitting in quite well.

Well Huet was angry he must have seen the spear.

He wanted to go after the bruins as he knows Rib's is not a big guy.

I believe a Thomas Huet fight would be interesting they could possibly have 3 more chances to do it this year. ;)

This team is very close right now and Rib's dropping the gloves and Begin and Rivet along with everyone else on the ice coming immediately to his aid shows that no one will mess with anyone on this team, I see Simpson fitting in quite well.

And we know that Aebi will fight as well! As Souray would say "that's old school hockey!"

GO HABS GO!

the way Huet is playing he'd be nuts not to. Huet has played like theo did a few years ago.

I'm going to disagree with this. When Theo was on top of his game he was great but he relied very much on his reflexes. He made great saves but his play was very frenetic. He was often scrambling, and making unbelievable kick saves and stops with his glove. It was very exciting to see.

Although Huet has made a few unbelieveable stops (mainly with his glove) his great play is a product of good positioning and great rebound control. He just makes everything look easy where Theo made everything look spectacular (as it often was).

IMO this indicates that Theo will be a great goalie on a weak team while Huet will be a great goalie on a good team. This meakes me happier about dealing Theo since I think we will be a pretty good team for the next few years.

And we know that Aebi will fight as well! As Souray would say "that's old school hockey!"

Ha, old school hockey. Gotta love it.

IMO this indicates that Theo will be a great goalie on a weak team while Huet will be a great goalie on a good team. This meakes me happier about dealing Theo since I think we will be a pretty good team for the next few years.

Theo is essentially untested as a good team goalie (perhaps Huet is starting to be) and judging from all the things we 'know' about him, it is reasonable to imagine he might not have the right mentality for it. There is a huge difference between win the game for the team and dont lose the game for the team. It will be interesting to see how he adapts to COL.

I agree Peter that Huet seems to have the right mentality...

Actually CH NL Brodeur, Hasek, Legace and Grahame all have more Shutouts the Huet.

not anymore.... :P