Are Ribeiro and Ryder joined at the hip?

CBHabs_fan

With the Canadiens recent struggles and Julien's insistence on switching up the lines so much....I wonder why Ribeiro and Ryder seem inseparable. These guys have been cold for too long, and it's time to realize that..TextBlack

I mean , let's be serious. Ribeiro is skilled, but I think he's dragging Ryder down a bit. Ryder needs someone to consistently feed him, and he can finish. That man is Saku Koivu... When we had one great line....the rest seemed to trickle down and the others fed off of this. Let's get Koivu/ Zednik/ Ryder going and hope that they can provide 2-3 goals a game.....

Bonk-----not first line material...at all

Bulis-----get him out with Ribeiro to speed that line up....even Bulis could finish with Ribeiro's playmaking abilitys

Dagenais----absolutely useless....Julien should have to see a psychiatrist for even considering him on the 2nd line,let alone the team

I would like to see:

Zednik-Koviu-Ryder

Bulis-Ribeiro-Higgins

Sundstrom-Bonk-Begin

Perezhogin--Plekanec---Anyone but Dagenais:wall:

I agree that I'd love to see Ryder play the first line.

My rationalization on the whole deal is... that Julien is trying to spread out the scoring a bit... With Zed on the first line, and Ryder on the 2nd, we've got 2 lines with goalscorers on them.

Sure the first line might pot a few extra goals, but at the expense of having a 2nd line that could (possibly) not do the same..

Ribs is a playmaker... Bulis has shown that he has a hard time finishing... and Higgins is the 2-way grind player put on the line to cover Ribs' butt! lol.

Don't get me wrong I DO want to see Ryder playing first line... but I think the Habs are trying to find a more balanced attack.

And I gotta agree with Dags.. anyone alse on that 4th line would be better :P. (When dags is on it, the line barely hits the ice... forcing the team to play 3 lines... and by the end of the game we're tired.)

Just my opinion.

when are ppl gunna realise that ribeiro is not a 2nd liner!!

a playmaker is someone who could fight off the opponent, get away from them and find someone open! or better yet, rush to the net and get something going.

ribeiro cant do either of that, he gets pushed off the puck like blowing on a feather. give him the space and time, fine he could do something, but i dont care, give my grandmother the space and time and she could get it across the ice.

our problem with the habs is we could never finish, we get the opportunities but never get the puck in the net. even open nets.

my new theory is, finding a way to win is not a good team, a team who could put the puck in the net with that many opportunities is a good team! im not saying were a bad team, just as of the last 8 games or so we are. 3 or 4 of those were boring as hell btw.

Look, I'm as frustrated with Ribeiro as everyone else seems to be... but who do you suggest should be the 2nd line center? Bonk? Bégin? Neither of them are second liners. Bring up Locke from Hamilton? Don't make me laugh. Bring Jean Beliveau out of retirement?

Bottom line, we have nobody better right now, and we're not going to get anyone better in the near future through a trade. Until we do, I think sticking with the guy who scored 65 points in 04 and has 17 points so far this year is the sensible thing to do.

if you realy want to put ryder on the first for now, then i think you'd promote pleks to the 2nd rather than bulis, but that would be a pretty young line - one that would be just as big a question mark as what is there now.

Wow some of you guys are REALLY under-rating Ribeiro. I admit that he can be easily bumped off the puck, and he isn't a superstar and he certainly isn't the Habs' saviour - But come on! This guy can score, and he will get you 60+ points each year! Some people on these forums are making it seem like he should be in the AHL!

We don't have anybody else for the second line!! Who else do you want there? He's a good player! It's amazing...when Ribeiro scores everybody idolizes him but when he goes on a slump everybody wants him gone! (not EVERYONE.. but you know what i mean)

My sentiments exactly, option+ ....who else is going to play 2nd line center? Nobody

Besides...I don't think Ribs is playing that bad. It's all in what we expect of him. He's not gonna go get the puck, but if someone else does...he can make plus. That's why putting 2 fast guys who can dig and have some offensive upside, like Higgins & Bulis could work out.

My bigger concernis that first line. Nobody seems to be working out with koivu and zednik, and in fact everyone seems to be bringing them down.....we need atop notch guy out there, and I think Ryder can fill the role

Originally posted by Peter Puck

Here's what I would like to see:

Perezhogin--Koviu--Ryder

Zednik--Plekanec--Higgins

Bulis--Bonk--Begin

Sundstrom--Ribeiro---Dagenais

I would really like to try this first line.

I have thought about that second line alot. I think that combo could put pucks in the net and play a good 2 way game.

the line would work as long as were confident enough to give more than porportional ice time for the fourth line... ribeiro still has to play at least 15 min a game.. this means telling dag to shoot and mug the goalies for 15 min... tough!

Originally posted by dark_faerie87

I agree, I'd like to see Ryder get some first-line action, decrease Ribs ice-time and play the rooks more. But most importantly, keep the lines consistent!

Ribeiro is in a slump. He is still a capable scorer. I would decrease his ice-time or bump him down lines for a game to let him know that his play of late has been lacking. But he will return to his usual self, mark my words.

Zednik is a good fit for the first line with koivu. but I agree of trying ryder with them.

I'd like to see that kid line again. with quality time on the ice, not 9mins

As for ribiero, he has to learn to so show a better effort than what he has shone us lately

Yeah Zednik is a good fit. He is fanning on a lot of his shots and maby with Ryder there it would relieve some pressure. Try Higgins and Zhogin or Plex with ribero to add some speed and give the rooks a chance with some more ice.

but whatever Julien does I hope he keeps the same line for the entire game.

Habs must strike first.

If you put Ryder on the first line - which I would like to see - what happens when Kovalev is ready to return? Do you move Ryder back with Ribeiro and hope that you've found a third winger for that by then? Do you move Zednik down with Ribeiro? You certainly would agree that Kovalev would stay on the top line, just because of the chemistry he and Koivu, and even Zednik, have developed.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Ribeiro needs to bulk up some. He's listed at 6', 177 lbs. Frankie "Bam Bam" Bouillon is 5' 8", 196 lbs. If Ribeiro could add 15 lbs to his upper body, I don't think it would hurt his game at all. Bouillon carries a lot of weight on a smaller frame, yet he skates like the wind and plays like a guy who's 6' 2".

Originally posted by RobRock

If you put Ryder on the first line - which I would like to see - what happens when Kovalev is ready to return?  Do you move Ryder back with Ribeiro and hope that you've found a third winger for that by then?  Do you move Zednik down with Ribeiro?  You certainly would agree that Kovalev would stay on the top line, just because of the chemistry he and Koivu, and even Zednik, have developed.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  Ribeiro needs to bulk up some.  He's listed at 6', 177 lbs.  Frankie "Bam Bam" Bouillon is 5' 8", 196 lbs.  If Ribeiro could add 15 lbs to his upper body, I don't think it would hurt his game at all.  Bouillon carries a lot of weight on a smaller frame, yet he skates like the wind and plays like a guy who's 6' 2".

And it's not like Ribeiro would lose any speed if he bulked up. There's not too much there to begin with...

Yeah thats for sure.

Some guys just can not gain weight though, im sure Ribero has tried it has been one of his knocks his entire carreer, im sure he has tried to do something about he small frame.