Feb. 19, Senators vs Rocket, 7 PM

dlbalr

The first four-game set of the season comes to an end tonight as Laval hosts Belleville for the fourth and final time (for now).

bel17_200-150x150.png

(Lines are from last game)

Formenton - Greig - Shaw

Reinhardt - Beaudin - Abramov

Kelly - Bishop - Sokolov

Kopacka - Cassels - Kastelic

Alsing - Goloubef

Labrie - Thomson

Williams - Dougherty

Daccord (confirmed starter)

lav17_200-150x150.png

Frolik - Poehling - Ylonen
Dauphin - Vejdemo - Khisamutdinov
Teasdale - Weal - Harvey-Pinard
Mysak - Lynch - Baddock

Olofsson - Brook
Leskinen - Schueneman
Fairbrother - Ouellet

Primeau (confirmed starter)

Puck drop is at 7 PM on RDS.

• Upvote 1

It will be interesting to see Fairbrother, but it seems strange that Fleury was called up to the taxi squad on a Laval game day with the Habs not playing until tomorrow and in Montreal ... also looming forward to seeing how Khisamutdinov does in his second game ... I have no reason to believe he has NHL potential but for some reason he intrigues me.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

It will be interesting to see Fairbrother, but it seems strange that Fleury was called up to the taxi squad on a Laval game day with the Habs not playing until tomorrow and in Montreal ... also looming forward to seeing how Khisamutdinov does in his second game ... I have no reason to believe he has NHL potential but for some reason he intrigues me.

He's injured.

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

He's injured.

Thx

20 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

It does? They need a body on the taxi squad, he can't play in Laval... it makes sense to me.

If they need a warm body, they could just recall one of Hillis or Verbeek again as they've done multiple times already since neither are getting into the lineup anytime soon.  It's not like Laval is lacking for healthy options to recall considering they have 12-14 healthy scratches a game.  I suppose recalling Fleury to hold Frolik's spot works too, not that it really matters much either way.

Fairbrother with a one-timer bomb from the blueline that missed the net to the goalies left, bounced off the glass straight to Poehling to the goalies right and RP potted the puck into the empty net ... right place, right time and took advantage 

THEN Poehling wins a puck battle along the boards to Primeau's right, carries the puck to the goal line and throws attempts a pass that goes behind a fellow Rocket, directly to a Senator wide open in the slot ... 1-1

One step forward one step back

• Upvote 1

Vejdemo picked up a puck in centre ice, beat a Sen down the right-wing boards, carried the puck deep and made a great pass to Dauphin just off the crease who  chipped it into the stick-side top corner

3-1 Laval after two after Harvey-Pinard scored an odd goal that really looked like goalie interference.

I must say, I've been impressed with Mysak in the very limited ice time he has received so far.  He set up Baddock for two high-quality opportunities in the first and had a good shot on a two-on-one with Weal in the second.

44 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

3-1 Laval after two after Harvey-Pinard scored an odd goal that really looked like goalie interference.

I must say, I've been impressed with Mysak in the very limited ice time he has received so far.  He set up Baddock for two high-quality opportunities in the first and had a good shot on a two-on-one with Weal in the second.

Earlier this week Joel Bouchard (about 17:00) was asked about Harvey-Pinard, who the reporter referred to as Lavalagher, and JB admitted that RHP does compare  STYLISTICALLY to Gallagher ... and I can see it ... BUT, he has no illusions that Rafael is anywhere near as good ... as JB said, "Gallagher is Gallagher and Harvey-Pinard is Harvey-Pinard".

Ya, nice to see some youngsters get on scoresheet.

Poehling from Fairbrother-Ylonen

Then Ylonen-Poehling with assists on the PPgoal.:clap:

Weal must be the stand out so far, on paper anyways; but i dont have RDS so havent seen any games.

11 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Dlbalr, how is Leskinen’s shot? I see that he’s leading the team with 13 shots — does he have some power to those? Or is he just flipping the puck at the net?

He's not Mete but they're not high-powered slapshots either.  A lot of them are more of the flipped variety but they're also the smart shots; instead of trying to blast it through, he's just trying to get it on net.

38 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

He's not Mete but they're not high-powered slapshots either.  A lot of them are more of the flipped variety but they're also the smart shots; instead of trying to blast it through, he's just trying to get it on net.

Thanks! So much that you really can’t tell between the stats and the radio broadcast.

I liked Ylonen's game but was not impressed with Brook's game. Looked like they are developing in opposite directions

Primeau was good

The rest of the prospects played well.