Game Thread | Habs vs. Buds | 11/26/05

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THESE REFS ARE RIDICULOUS!!!!! RIVET FRIGGIN HIT THE PUCK BEFORE ANTROPOV'S SKATES! AND EVEN IF YOU THINK HE DIDN'T YOU DON'T CALL A PENALTY WITH .5 MILISECONDS LEFT IN THE GAME AND THE SO CALLED TRIP WOULDNT HAVE STOPPED ANYTHING ANYWAYS BECAUSE THE TIME WOULD'VE RAN OUT BEFORE THE PUCK WOULD GO IN THE NET!!!!!!!!!!

refs like these should be fired or fined but NO. they get paid for blowing off games like these!! AND BY THE WAY-The goal that got called back earlier was COMPLETE HORSE SHIT!! Steen hooked him down into the net and *Got a goal disallowed because he took a penalty - but get this - there was no call! so basically he prevented a goal by taking a free penalty!!! IT WAS BULLCRAP!!!!

Originally posted by option+

Markov grabbed the ref after the goal while protesting. He was assessed a match penalty for abuse of official... that's an automatic hearing with Colin Campbell, and most likely a suspension.

GREAT JUST WE NEED

[Edited on 2005/11/27 by TheBigRedC]

Originally posted by TheBigRedC

Well he was very calm, and I applaud him for this. But you could tell he was annoyed.

I agree and I don't blame him. He basically said how it was a weak call especially after all the stuff that had been let go during the third period.

I caught the Koivu interview at the end. very calm, classy... wanna bet they're gonna fine him for "bashing" the refs... just like Markov's gonna be suspended for "abusing" the officials?

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Saku is on the air...

I missed that, what did he say?

He was talking to Cherry and Maclean and just basically said that he thought there should have been some calls earlier on Toronto and then the refs call a questionable one with 0 seconds left in the third period and so they were mad or whatever

I cant believe the refs have handed Toronto the game for the 2nd time. You know its pretty much an automatic goal when its 4 on 3 in the third period and you have SO MUCH SPACE to move the puck! It's basically all on theo...and although he played EXCEPTIONNNELY tonight there was nothing he could do in O.T.

Anywho, thanks plek for the point!

Originally posted by dark_faerie87

Cherry CHEERING FOR THE LEAFS...THIS IS ######ING HNI CANADA... TAX DOLLARS ARE GOING TO PAY THIS JACKASS

I know, that's sick!

Ok that does it, im getting on a plane right now. Gonna stuff a LEAF up his ass! Anybody got a favorite?

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan
Originally posted by dark_faerie87

Cherry CHEERING FOR THE LEAFS...THIS IS ######ING HNI CANADA... TAX DOLLARS ARE GOING TO PAY THIS JACKASS

I know, that's sick!

Ok that does it, im getting on a plane right now. Gonna stuff a LEAF up his ass! Anybody got a favorite?

well Domi is the smallest ;)

I think they were making up for yesterday at the Canes....Does that mean we'll get some pay back next game?

It really wouldn't suprise me. That goal was obvious IMO. The way this game went, it had that feeling. Just a feeling like the Habs were getting screwed. They had a goal clearly called back, and the final penalty was 100% wrong.

4on3 is impossible to defend against. 5on4 is obviously different. 4on3 there is so much room. if that call had been made at the end of the 2nd, the Habs woulda survived. They did a fine job killing it off for 75% of it. Frustarting thing is, if they had killed it off they woulda had all the momentum and prolly would won.

Once again, a bullshit call cost them.