Game Thread | Habs vs. Buds | 11/26/05

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For my first ever post i thought i'd do some research on tonight officials from the NHL's site:

http://www.nhlofficials.com/member_listing.asp....

Kevin Pollack...born Kincardine, Ontario

Dean Warren.....born Toronto , Ontario

Derek Amell....born Pt. Colborne, Ontario

Brad Kovalchik......born Woodstock, Ontario

Well, well, well ....seems like these 4 boys grew up with that famous leafs inferiority complex.

All is done but honestly julian needs to step up for his team in games like this or else we need a new coach i like julian but come on where is the passion. I am speechless and livid that we have such bad ref like this screwing up games. But oh well well beat ottawa. But keep your heads up Go Habs Go

Damn, i missed the game, but sounds liek a shitty ending... a friend of mine told me what happened... GAH!

(BTW... lol, looks like my gf joined the site.... she apparently mis-read a friend's MSN name that was talking about our LAST game against FLORIDA where Dags scored the winner.... (jsut though i'd clarify that in her defense... lol)

Anywayz... another 1-goal game... sux to come out on the wrong side though. :(

Good to see the younger guys netting some goals tho.

Originally posted by SoCalHab

For my first ever post i thought i'd do some research on tonight officials from the NHL's site:

Well, well, well ....seems like these 4 boys grew up with that famous leafs inferiority complex.

Thanks for the info. Good post SoCalHab.

Originally posted by SoCalHab

Hey welcome SoCalHab:/)

There is a Toronto station called THESCORE that was talking about the same thing. Nice of Toronto to have Toronto officials to referee Toronto games. Toronto Media nad Toronto fans won't pick up this because Toronto in no way is Toronto biased. The calls were bad on both sides but I ould say more important calls and goals were TORONTO BIASED. No TORONTO was not helped by officials. F%^&$%^ING TORONTO OFFICIALS! I Hope next game in Montreal all officials are from Quebec.

Bettman will not do anything because the NHL has slowly slipped back to clutch and grab which is Toronto's style. The oweners have spoken, help the money teams win.

I have moved on to the Ottawa game and I hope the following will be addressed:

At least 8 designed offensive plays. These cycle in the corner crap plays don't work. Montreal has the forwards with a creative talent to execute so design some plays. Lack of plays is bad coaching!

Dumb penalties. EVERY game Montreal takes stupid penalties. Not just last nights game but all year we have the same rant, BAD OFFICIATING. Well it is time for Montreal to adapt as they should know they are going to get screwed at the end of games. Must rely on THEO for the big end of game save.

All is not lost, I think this BIASED game toward LeafNAZI will help motivate the team. If Coach Claude is smart, he will play the rookies more.

It's the next morning and I'm still as livid as last night.

I watched the Toronto Sports Network's post-game show. First off all, they interviewed Antropov about the Rivet penalty. Antropov say is was definitely a penalty. He'a also trying his hardest not to laugh. Seriously! Go to the TSN website and you'll see...

But the most galling thing by far, and I quote... "Leafs defenceman Niklas Kronwall left the game in the with a knee strain, AFTER COLLIDING WITH GOALTENDER ED BELFOUR IN THE SECOND PERIOD." That would be Markov's non-goal when he "interfered" with Belfour.

If this game was in Montreal, there would have been a riot afterwards.

[Edited on 2005/11/27 by option+]

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

i hope the nhl atleast bought the habs dinner last night before they screwed them.

Hahahahaha good one!

I think the NHL CBC are both LeafNAZI now. Toronto is given so many breaks, so many 5 on 3 it is just obvious. I will not say they get less penalties than anyone else, but the penalties to other teams are always at a point in a game to benefit LEAFNAZI victories.

Just my 2 cents.

GO HABS GO>.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

i hope the nhl atleast bought the habs dinner last night before they screwed them.

I'm sure Pollock and Warren could afford it with all the the money the Leafs paid them before the game started........btw, great avatar. :lol:

If I was a Habbie, I'd be VERY tempted to zing a puck right by Pollock or Warren the next time they officiate a game. Nothing that could be called by the league but a very strong signal to call every game as an independant event and not make up for bullshit games that happen the night before. Like we all know, two wrongs don't make a right.

Not only that but was the obstruction rule thrown out last night? What a joke.

[Edited on 2005/11/27 by zumpano21]

Originally posted by zumpano21

If I was a Habbie, I'd be VERY tempted to zing a puck right by Pollock or Warren the next time they officiate a game. Nothing that could be called by the league but a very strong signal to call every game as an independant event and not make up for bullshit games that happen the night before. Like we all know, two wrongs don't make a right.

Not only that but was the obstruction rule thrown out last night? What a joke.

[Edited on 2005/11/27 by zumpano21]

Or an errant body check by Dags. :):):)

Hey Saku would kill them!

People wonder why refs get slapshots in the face?

To repeat a common line, that game was rigged!

Montreal isn't the dirtier of these two teams and yet the refs only call the penalties on us. We need mob support if we're ever going to get any justice in these games. ARRG!

I HATE THE LEAFS AND ALL OF LEAF NATION

Sorry I needed to do that

[Edited on 2005/11/27 by Lister110]

"Referee Kevin Pollock should have been awarded an assist. He'd sent Steve Begin to the penalty box for hooking after O'Neill fell while battling Begin for a loose puck. Cheap, cheap, cheap."

That was what TSN had posted [same that sportsnet still has] after the game. Unfortunately it has been changed to read

"Referee Kevin Pollock sent Steve Begin to the penalty box for hooking after O'Neill fell while battling Begin for a loose puck. "

I guess the leafs didn't like the first one. That should say it all.

Originally posted by Habitforming

"Referee Kevin Pollock should have been awarded an assist. He'd sent Steve Begin to the penalty box for hooking after O'Neill fell while battling Begin for a loose puck. Cheap, cheap, cheap."

That was what TSN had posted [same that sportsnet still has] after the game. Unfortunately it has been changed to read

"Referee Kevin Pollock sent Steve Begin to the penalty box for hooking after O'Neill fell while battling Begin for a loose puck. "

I guess the leafs didn't like the first one. That should say it all.

So they changed it eh? I had posted that last night before it got changed.