Wins
Price - 5

Goals
Dadonov - 6

Assists
Norris/Rielly - 7

Wins
Murray - 2

At least we won’t be encumbered by those noxious blue jerseys.

As others have noted, this will be a tricky one. A humbling, deflating loss against TO (a team that matters) in which we played well but still lost - that sets us up either to roll in to Ottawa and get a solid W, building on good things from the last game, or else to come out lacklustre and risk letting a bad team pounce on our deflated egos. The TO game was partly a test of whether this group could come out of a lengthy break focused and hungry; they passed that test. This game is now a test of our mental resiliency and determination: can we be focused and hungry against a POS team the night after a tough loss? We’ll see. I think they’ll pass this test too.

I hope the Habs play better D and go back to playing the system instead of playing a high scoring open game trading scoring chances back and forth

but I’ll take a win in which way they choose to play 

Just now, tomh009 said:

Ugh ... Mete and Romanov this time.

Mete needs to sit or play on the 4th line.  Every rush a forward need to cover his spot because he rushes with the forwards and on the Ottawa goal, he was trying to out muscle Bratherson on the boards and got beat.  He's 5'9 170lbs soaked and wet, he isn't winning that battle against 95% of the players he will face. 

7 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Mete needs to sit or play on the 4th line.  Every rush a forward need to cover his spot because he rushes with the forwards and on the Ottawa goal, he was trying to out muscle Bratherson on the boards and got beat.  He's 5'9 170lbs soaked and wet, he isn't winning that battle against 95% of the players he will face. 

The official roster claims 1.75m and 83 kg, same as Gallagher. But this play was just a bad choice. As it was for Romanov.

I think that I have cemented my opinion on Danault. He is a shutdown, grinder centre and he is very good at that. 

He is not offensive enough to carry scoring. Switch him with Kk and continue to play Danault, Armia, Tatar against the toughest lines. 

Im thinking 3.5 million a year 

We seem to be quickly approaching decline the power play territory.  Even with Weber off the top unit, they're still focused on point shots.  Try something different.  And what in the world was Petry thinking with his pass attempt that sent Ottawa on a breakaway?  Even if he completes it, Suzuki's not in a position to do anything with it.  He always has a run of games where no one knows what he's thinking - this seems to be one of them after his ridiculous play yesterday that led to Toronto's second goal.

16 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

The official roster claims 1.75m and 83 kg, same as Gallagher. But this play was just a bad choice. As it was for Romanov.

Mete gave up two 2-on-1 because of bad decisions.  Another time he joined the rush and Armia had to cover for him.  That's 3 bad decisions in 1 period on how many shifts, 5?  Just over 4 minutes TOI.

I know some will say he's joining the rush as a defenseman, which is good, but it's Victor Mete, not Erik Karlsson and he isn't winning the foot races to get back in position.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

We seem to be quickly approaching decline the power play territory.  Even with Weber off the top unit, they're still focused on point shots.  Try something different.  And what in the world was Petry thinking with his pass attempt that sent Ottawa on a breakaway?  Even if he completes it, Suzuki's not in a position to do anything with it.  He always has a run of games where no one knows what he's thinking - this seems to be one of them after his ridiculous play yesterday that led to Toronto's second goal.

I have been saying for awhile they need a left shot opposite of Weber/Petry as another one-timer.  Maybe KK with instructions of; if you get the pass, one-time it, don't look for a pass.  Take the focus off of that side of the ice, will make it more potent.

• Upvote 1

Remember when we scored short handed goals?

i do!

let’s have another. 

10 minutes ago, revvvrob said:

Remember when we scored short handed goals?

i do!

let’s have another.

Another chance for that, that's four already tonight for Ottawa. Mind you, today's penalties seem less undisciplined than the ones against the Leafs.