Feb 23 Habs @ Sens 7:00

Prime Minister Koivu

38 minutes ago, DON said:

Oh well, at least was more entertaining game.

But was some god awful play at times by the Habs.

Anderson 7 shots and came to play,  good to see Drouin put 1 shot on net, still no goals from Danault but 2a at least.

Which Tkachuk kid is better?

I like Brady more I think. Kids a gamer. 

11 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I like Brady more I think. Kids a gamer. 

We could use Hughes a lot more than Tkachuk. I like him, but we need a dman like Hughes! Hopefully, KK will continue to progress to be a solid top 2 centre.

23 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

We could use Hughes a lot more than Tkachuk. I like him, but we need a dman like Hughes! Hopefully, KK will continue to progress to be a solid top 2 centre.

Hughes would barely be playing with CJ as coach. He's a defensive train wreck. 

9 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Brady LOVES to remind Bergevin that Marc passed him over ... KK has time to still justify his selection, but currently Tkachuk or Quinn Hughes would look really nice in red, white and blue ... 

Tkachuk gets tons of ice time

KK gets mediocre ice and no OT time and no shoot out time...

Cause our coach is an idiot

KK was being punished I’m sure because of the first goal. But that goal is on Kulak. WTF was Kulak doing on the wrong side of the ice covering the point man, basically standing on top of Romanov?

10 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Quinn Hughes, sure. But I have no desire at all to see a prick like  Tkachuk in one of our revered sweaters. Even if he would make us a better team.

I suspect if you, and many others, had only ever seen him in Habs sweater he would be loved ... maybe with reservations about how far he takes some things but still very happy to have him not he team and hoping he "matures"

Just now, GHT120 said:

I suspect if you, and many others, had only ever seen him in Habs sweater he would be loved ... maybe with reservations about how far he takes some things but still very happy to have him not he team and hoping he "matures"

Sorry to say, he is a very good player.

9 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Hughes would barely be playing with CJ as coach. He's a defensive train wreck. 

Bobby Orr probably wouldn’t have been playing for Julien!

1 hour ago, DON said:

Sorry to say, he is a very good player.

Oh, I don't disagree.

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

I don't love every Habs player. And I do have opinions about who I would love to have wearing one of our sweaters. "Character", although maybe not quite the same as Bergevin's definition. 🙂

57 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Oh, I don't disagree.

I don't love every Habs player. And I do have opinions about who I would love to have wearing one of our sweaters. "Character", although maybe not quite the same as Bergevin's definition. 🙂

My point was that a large part of the negative impression about Tkachuk is based on his being a Senator and doing what he does to the Habs, for now his third season ... if he had started out as a Hab I expect that having a crash/bang, 20+ goal winger (on pace for 30g/82gm this season) who can stand up for his teammates would have been highly appreciated

6 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I wouldn’t want a thug like Tkachuk with the Habs, Anderson yes, Foligno yes, but there is a threshold I would not cross

Thug? 

He plays hard that doesn’t make him a thug. 

And he is a serious power forward in the making. 

I wish he was a Hab

20 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

My point was that a large part of the negative impression about Tkachuk is based on his being a Senator and doing what he does to the Habs, for now his third season ... if he had started out as a Hab I expect that having a crash/bang, 20+ goal winger (on pace for 30g/82gm this season) who can stand up for his teammates would have been highly appreciated

I honestly don't like either one of the Tkachuk brothers. If he had been drafted by the Habs I might have a more positive opinion, it's true, but he's still not the type of player that I would want to draft or trade for. But that's just me.

Stutzle, on the other hand, I would love to have that kid.

I will take any player on the Habs who is an impact player. Even gorillas like Chara and Lucic or dripping pieces of putrid human vomit like Marchand. Therefore, would I take Tkachuk on my team? Absolutely, 100%, no questions asked.

And it's not like we haven't had our share of irritating jerks over the years. A lot of folks would rate Gallagher in that category. Anderson is regarded as a mean SOB. I'm in no hurry to dump either of them, myself.

As for the whole "they should have drafted Tkachuk" thing, that to me is a media manufactured controversy. What I remember at the time is that a whole bunch of players were sort of grouped together between #3-8 in that draft; Tkachuk was projected to become what he's become, Hughes was projected to become a top-notch rushing defenceman, KK was projected to become maybe a Kopitar. In that context, where there was not a clear separation or clear BPA, the Habs made a positional call; and most of us around here supported it at the time. (I wanted Hughes, myself, having been persuaded by Commandant's argument to this effect, and personally being a big believer in puck-moving defenders).

I've had my worries about KK, but it's too soon to give up on him or declare that draft a bust. Probably the last thing the kid needs is to be told that he has to be "better than Brady" or he's a flop.

41 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I will take any player on the Habs who is an impact player. Even gorillas like Chara and Lucic or dripping pieces of putrid human vomit like Marchand. Therefore, would I take Tkachuk on my team? Absolutely, 100%, no questions asked.

And it's not like we haven't had our share of irritating jerks over the years. A lot of folks would rate Gallagher in that category. Anderson is regarded as a mean SOB. I'm in no hurry to dump either of them, myself.

As for the whole "they should have drafted Tkachuk" thing, that to me is a media manufactured controversy. What I remember at the time is that a whole bunch of players were sort of grouped together between #3-8 in that draft; Tkachuk was projected to become what he's become, Hughes was projected to become a top-notch rushing defenceman, KK was projected to become maybe a Kopitar. In that context, where there was not a clear separation or clear BPA, the Habs made a positional call; and most of us around here supported it at the time. (I wanted Hughes, myself, having been persuaded by Commandant's argument to this effect, and personally being a big believer in puck-moving defenders).

I've had my worries about KK, but it's too soon to give up on him or declare that draft a bust. Probably the last thing the kid needs is to be told that he has to be "better than Brady" or he's a flop.

I have serious concerns myself about KK. Sometimes I wonder if his flashes of skill and power are akin to Kostitsyn. 

However I also think KK gets crapped on and denied opportunities such as overtime minutes because CJ does not consider KK safe defensively. 

I hope that changes and I hope he blossoms under DD

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

... Stutzle, on the other hand, I would love to have that kid.

OMG yes!

Just here to say that called off goal against Gallagher was one of the worst calls I've ever seen from video review. 

1) Yes, Gallagher enters the crease, but he tried to avoid Murray and couldn't because he was steered into him

2) The point of contact was skate on skate, dropping Murray. For some reason he decides to push off and spin around backwards

3) While this is happening Gallagher has a Senator draped all over him on the ice, however he managed to not only get up but to make a play on the puck

4) How much time is reasonable for a goalie to "reset"? By the logic of this call, a goalie could lay on the ice until a goal is scored and claim the inability to reset

image.png

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

... As for the whole "they should have drafted Tkachuk" thing, that to me is a media manufactured controversy. What I remember at the time is that a whole bunch of players were sort of grouped together between #3-8 in that draft; Tkachuk was projected to become what he's become, Hughes was projected to become a top-notch rushing defenceman, KK was projected to become maybe a Kopitar. In that context, where there was not a clear separation or clear BPA, the Habs made a positional call; and most of us around here supported it at the time ...

Only thing I would say is that I recall KK being thought of as much more of a project and Tkachuk and Hughes being much more known entities (as much as a draft pick is a known) ... Habs rolled the dice and drafted for need and not necessarily the best player ... only time will tell if it was the right decision.

18 minutes ago, illWill said:

Just here to say that called off goal against Gallagher was one of the worst calls I've ever seen from video review. 

1) Yes, Gallagher enters the crease, but he tried to avoid Murray and couldn't because he was steered into him

2) The point of contact was skate on skate, dropping Murray. For some reason he decides to push off and spin around backwards

3) While this is happening Gallagher has a Senator draped all over him on the ice, however he managed to not only get up but to make a play on the puck

4) How much time is reasonable for a goalie to "reset"? By the logic of this call, a goalie could lay on the ice until a goal is scored and claim the inability to reset

image.png

Anyone remember this? That decision was rich coming from a league which deemed this goal to be just Jim Dandy.

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I wouldn’t want a thug like Tkachuk with the Habs, 

OK, i assume you are joking, the kid (and his brother they say) are both game changers, who show up to play, bang & crash, score goals and are shit disturbers who get under skin of every opponent every game and draw a ton of penalties...would have to be bit kooky to not "want' him in your lineup Potatohead.:nuts:

5 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Doesn’t sound so interim to me

MB answered (to Jon Lu) that DD is the head coach and it is his job to loose, he will not be interviewing anyone else during the season.

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Only thing I would say is that I recall KK being thought of as much more of a project and Tkachuk and Hughes being much more known entities (as much as a draft pick is a known) ... Habs rolled the dice and drafted for need and not necessarily the best player ... only time will tell if it was the right decision.

Same here.  That was the narrative at the time.  Tkachuk and Hughes were more win-now players and the Habs were banking on the potentially higher long-term ceiling although it'd take him a while to get there.