Feb 23 Habs @ Sens 7:00

Prime Minister Koivu

8 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Julien must be fired

***IF*** they do, then MB is in the deep doo-doo as well as nothing could really have changed so much in three games that MB shouldn't have spotted the issues before the week off ... 

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

***IF*** they do, then MB is in the deep doo-doo as well as nothing could really have changed so much in three games that MB shouldn't have spotted the issues before the week off ... 

Or before the season started? Or a year ago?

No matter who you fire, or when, or for what reason, someone will always ask "why didn't you do that before?"

Just now, GHT120 said:

We seriously look unprepared, that PP was bad. 

Too many good players to be like this. 

#FireJulien

1 minute ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

We seriously look unprepared, that PP was bad. 

Too many good players to be like this. 

#FireJulien

I wonder whether Torontohab still has the bus and the rope he was saving for Bergevin ...

Just now, tomh009 said:

Or before the season started? Or a year ago?

No matter who you fire, or when, or for what reason, someone will always ask "why didn't you do that before?"

Always true ... but looking at this specific moment, and assuming CJ is fired, could things really have gone from "he's my guy" to "you're fired" in the course of three games/four days?

Whatever issues that are HC related had to have existed before the week off and THAT was the obvious, logical chance to make a change

Sooooo disappointing. That period was ugly. The Habs have either made the Sens a good team or made them look like one!

blender the lines.

let’s see what happens. 

KK - I love you - but take your man on the backcheck!

31 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Time to pink slip the entire coaching staff.

And replace them with who?  It's easy to say fire the coach but there isn't a viable list of replacements.  Bouchard's not ready and the mini player revolt last year doesn't reflect well on his ability to try to motivate an NHL team who will be less open to his my way or the highway approach.  (I think Bouchard can be an NHL head coach but he may need to learn to show some flexibility in his approach first as the junior-level tactics won't work in the NHL.)  And frankly, a first-time option in this season isn't a great idea. 

That leaves, who, Guy Boucher, Patrick Roy, and...that's about it.  Boucher won't exactly get this team going offensively and Roy should never step behind an NHL bench again.  In-season moves are limited to promoting an assistant (which you're clearly not advocating for), promoting the AHL guy (probably not the best of ideas), or coaches that are currently unemployed or could leave a junior team (which is clearly not the best of ideas).  If you want a proper coaching search where other options become available, they'd have to wait for the offseason.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

And replace them with who?  It's easy to say fire the coach but there isn't a viable list of replacements.  Bouchard's not ready and the mini player revolt last year doesn't reflect well on his ability to try to motivate an NHL team who will be less open to his my way or the highway approach.  (I think Bouchard can be an NHL head coach but he may need to learn to show some flexibility in his approach first as the junior-level tactics won't work in the NHL.)  And frankly, a first-time option in this season isn't a great idea. 

That leaves, who, Guy Boucher, Patrick Roy, and...that's about it.  Boucher won't exactly get this team going offensively and Roy should never step behind an NHL bench again.  In-season moves are limited to promoting an assistant (which you're clearly not advocating for), promoting the AHL guy (probably not the best of ideas), or coaches that are currently unemployed or could leave a junior team (which is clearly not the best of ideas).  If you want a proper coaching search where other options become available, they'd have to wait for the offseason.

Well this complicates things. 

Maybe we could consider an Anglo? Emergency COVID rules and all

5 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

They might be throwing CJ under the bus. Who would we even hire?

3 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Good question 

Im sure Bouchard will get a look 

Bouchard would have to be considered ... don't believe he has enough pro experience to be the choice ... and no NHL coaching experience, let alone HC.

There would be calls in the media for Guy Carbonneau, but IMO that would be stepping backwards.

Not one of my favourite coaches, but Guy Boucher might bring a change in style which could be good ... but he seems to a short shelf-life, so if he was the choice maybe only offer him a short deal (rest of this season and next season).

Hockey30 was pimping for Bob Hartley ... which likely says all that needs to be said about his candidacy ... but he was on Bergevin's short list when Therrien was hired ... but he had a winning record in 9 of his 14 seasons

But an option not often discussed, but that for no particular reason feels right to me, is pascal Vincent; would Winnipeg stand in his way?  Pick him up on the way to the airport?

Not great time for a double minor ... unless the PK gets its offensive game going ... but can't say I have any sympathy for Tkachuk

PK was decent and Price VERY good ... until he let another one through his legs

See Jonathan ... you have to shoot for the puck to go into the net ... nice play

Finally!

I say it’s all about speed. The faster they play, the better they play. Maybe cuz there is less time to think about it!

hopefully the tide as turned for the next 10 games+. 

And a coup de canon from Weber

19 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Well this complicates things. 

Maybe we could consider an Anglo? Emergency COVID rules and all

Muller actually did pretty well in the postseason last year, especially considering he had zero prep time. He even had the PP working reasonably well.