Marek Malik's SO goal ...

bombTHEice

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Kolzig stones the habs last week yet gets taken to skool by Marek Malik, what gives?

Come on, what goalie in the league would not have been taken to school by that move?

And to think, I thought the skill stick moves in NHL 06 were unrealistic!

Originally posted by Fanpuck33
Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Kolzig stones the habs last week yet gets taken to skool by Marek Malik, what gives?

Come on, what goalie in the league would not have been taken to school by that move?

And to think, I thought the skill stick moves in NHL 06 were unrealistic!

Lol Skill Stick. I guess we were both prooven wrong..

When I heard Malik scored I though he took a slpashot on Olie then ran the net. The puck slid in but no one saw because they were all watching Seinfeld on the Jumbotron ;):hockey:

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

:clap::clap::clap:

That was a cool goal.

I think the sheer aburdity of it is what fooled Kolzig. "No, no he can't be doing that skill stick from NHL06. No of course not, I mean he's 6'6. Wait, he's got his stick between his legs! What the - DOH!" I'm sure he was thinking something similar to that...

Originally posted by dark_faerie87
Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

That was a cool goal.

I think the sheer aburdity of it is what fooled Kolzig. "No, no he can't be doing that skill stick from NHL06. No of course not, I mean he's 6'6. Wait, he's got his stick between his legs! What the - DOH!" I'm sure he was thinking something similar to that...

When I first saw it I was looking for the PS2 logo on the bottom of the screen. I was thinking NHL2006 is TOO COOL. But it was real.......

you really have to wonder what kind of scrutiny he would have faced had he not scored. That was to win the game and he was trying to pull off a trick like that, kinda cocky but still an amazing goal. I could seea crosby or a kovalev pulling that off. I bet you someone trys for something even better within the next few weeks

Originally posted by Tex

Here is a link. What a fantastic goal.

http://rapidshare.de/files/8220592/malik.so.wmv.html

GO RANGERS GO!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thanks for the link, Tex. I didn't think I'd end up being able to watch it. What a goal! I downloaded it.

That whole shootout was something else, the Malik goal was just the icing on the cake. The NHL network showed the shootout in lenght (some thing like 16 shooters....each team matching the other's scorers tit for tat), it was awsome.

Originally posted by Redlight60

you really have to wonder what kind of scrutiny he would have faced had he not scored. That was to win the game and he was trying to pull off a trick like that, kinda cocky but still an amazing goal. I could seea crosby or a kovalev pulling that off. I bet you someone trys for something even better within the next few weeks

I think after 16 shooters, and when it comes to a guy who hasn't scored yet this season, he's allowed to try something spectacular.

Like the announcer said "That's about the only shot that could beat Kolzig"

Originally posted by Tex

OK Rooster, only for you :D

http://rapidshare.de/files/8219275/Rangers...s_Caps.wmv.html

Thanks again. It's 20 minutes. The entire shootout. Jagr got robbed and both goalies played great. A few nice glove save by Lundqvist and Kolzig has such great positioning.

Originally posted by Redlight60

That was probably a move Malik was doing for fun during warmups. And he thought it was the only time in his life he could do it in action. I mean, what are the chance a defensive defenseman like him goes on a breakaway, take a penalty shot or go on shootouts?

Nice for trying.. and scoring!

Kolzig was totally surprised on that.. was following Malik's skate and couldn't expect him shooting from behind lol.. great goal!!