Julien and Muller fired

Prime Minister Koivu

Bergy is definitely all in this season. 

that said - I think this firing is a mistake. Unless the locker room was a mess and CJ had lost the team, I don’t think this is the answer. 

had the Gally’s goal rightly counted, is CJ fired this morning? I don’t think so. 

The team is poised to rebound - but I’m not thinking the credit should go to the new coaching staff. 

Wishing Claude Julien and Kirk Muller all the best in their next ventures

And a warm welcome to the coach that the Habs has been grooming for two years. Let's see what he brings to the new role.

Go Habs Go!

TSN690 saying that Renaud Lavoie reporting that the decision was made a couple of days ago ... if true (I buy it) I think they delayed so that the change could be made on the road

3 minutes ago, revvvrob said:

Bergy is definitely all in this season. 

that said - I think this firing is a mistake. Unless the locker room was a mess and CJ had lost the team, I don’t think this is the answer. 

had the Gally’s goal rightly counted, is CJ fired this morning? I don’t think so. 

The team is poised to rebound - but I’m not thinking the credit should go to the new coaching staff. 

We are way too deep with good players to be so poor. The PP has been incredibly poor and this is on coaches. 

CJ’s safe style does not fit this team. 

We are savages that should be hunting for goals and players like KK need opportunities to score. 

Safe and steady Danault is not winning us the cup and will no longer be used in every and any situation simply because he is defensively responsible. 

I have to say i'm a little worried about this move by Bergevin. Seems like a panic move to me. I get that the PP has sucked for the past 5 years and that has been Muller's responsibility. I can understand letting Muller go, but I just don't think firing Julien was the move to do at this time.

7 minutes ago, revvvrob said:

Bergy is definitely all in this season ...

Bergevin is looking for an extension ... he has now played what I think is his last card, firing a second coach ... don't know if Molson would let him hire a third coach ... not only are there financial implications but if MB is not extended then I expect he is replaced before next season and Geoff knows a GM should be able to select his own coach ... actually expect if MB is replaced they will go with the President/GM model ... which could allow for one of the two to be an Anglo

Are there any good PP coaches unemployed at the moment?

Maybe from Europe or Russia (as long as their English is good enough).

5 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

TSN690 saying that Renaud Lavoie reporting that the decision was made a couple of days ago ... if true (I buy it) I think they delayed so that the change could be made on the road

Wow

i might need to get rid of my fire Bergevin avatar. 

He is killing it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Wow

He is killing it

About that... I still have an avatar of Plekanec's playoffs performance.  :D

Just now, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Wow

He is killing it

Wouldn't trash it yet, just put it in the drawer ... I suspect this is driven by his desire to secure and extension, which obviously depends on the teams' success ... I think it was a good time and Ducharme is the only logical move ... wonder what he will be willing to do on the trade front to help things along.

5 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Are there any good PP coaches unemployed at the moment?

Maybe from Europe or Russia (as long as their English is good enough).

The Has hired Ducharme at the same time as Bouchard and they have been grooming him. He inherits the deepest lineup the Habs have had in years.

If he is able to deliver consistently, he will be confirmed as the new head coach ahead of any other candidates

2 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Wouldn't trash it yet, just put it in the drawer ... I suspect this is driven by his desire to secure and extension, which obviously depends on the teams' success ... I think it was a good time and Ducharme is the only logical move ... wonder what he will be willing to do on the trade front to help things along.

I disagree about implying MB is putting his own interest ahead of doing what's best for the team to win a cup.

I htink his whole reset plan shows he has had the cojones to make the moves needed

• Like 1

Makes me wish I had posted my take of "Fire Muller and replace him with a more recently retired player" last night but my heart just wasn't in it.

Julien being gone is a bit of a surprise though. I didn't think Molson would give him that bullet to fire.

1 minute ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I disagree about implying MB is putting his own interest ahead of doing what's best for the team to win a cup.

I htink his whole reset plan shows he has had the cojones to make the moves needed

As I said, he has to win to get an extension ... if this is another miss or one and out I don't think MB is welcomed back

I know people are pointing out the PP, but the real problem all season even during the winning streak is the PK.  Second most penalized team and an atrocious PK.  Nearly every game giving up multiple PP goals.  That was a major issue last season and never did get fixed.  

it was different when they were scoring to compensate for the bad PK, but once the scoring dried up it became deflating.  I pointed out earlier the Y shape they were using was ineffective, designed to cut off cross ice passes, and they weren’t cutting off passes causing them to chase the puck all over their zone.  When passes did get cut off up high, it lead to the flurry of PK goals for.  On top of that, they didn’t ever seem to block shots either.  The PK was the real killer.

Well after all the great off season additions Bergevin made to address team needs i had said theirs no excuse now, that it's up to the coaches and players. When you start to see the same results something has to change when it comes to the coaches.  I am not surprised by this at all, these 2 guys had a lot of chances with this team and nothing has changed.  Now it's falls on the core group, If a new coach cant right the ship it's time to trade away some of these core guys.