Game#19 Habs@Jets Feb 25 2021

DON

39 minutes ago, DON said:

That +/- he has seems confusing, i think he has looked bad often. But, havent scrutinized his play, so maybe Edmundson is better than i think.

Part of the bad has been PK which you dont get a minus for.  Other areas hes been bad and bailed out by petry or price or allen.

Its high on sample size, hes not playing well.

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Joel Armia asked Tyler Toffoli for tips on torturing your old team. 

He scored six points in two games last year against Buffalo, his first team. Now it's the Jets' turn.

4 minutes ago, Neech said:

Pretty pass by Romanov to set up Armia, and another from Drouin to set him up again!  When it rains it pours with Joel.  How much will he be worth on the open market?

Depends on how long it takes him to score his nest two goals ... going in to tonight he was on a 15g/82 gm pace ... pretty much his career pace

First period shots are unofficially 8-7 habs, the game isn't that close.  Habs are looking like the team that started the season.  Creating turnovers in the neutral zone, countering with odd-man rushes.  No real defensive lapses.  If nothing else, they are skating, which creates all sorts problems for any team.

Just now, alfredoh2009 said:

Price nails out Kotkaniemi who was lost in his own zone

I do not like KK’s play in this game

Yeah KK line is being overwhelmed most shifts. 

Pretty even as far as play goes. 

Drouin and Armia have always played well together. I wouldn’t mind seeing them reunited 

7 minutes ago, Neech said:

When it rains it pours with Joel.  How much will he be worth on the open market?

That one's going to be tricky.  The market wasn't kind to bottom-six wingers in October and it won't be this summer either.  I wouldn't be shocked if he comes in below his $2.6M price tag as a result unless he goes on a real run offensively and someone thinks there's top-six upside.

2 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Yeah KK line is being overwhelmed most shifts. 

Pretty even as far as play goes. 

Drouin and Armia have always played well together. I wouldn’t mind seeing them reunited 

Unfortunately I don't see Armia replacing Anderson or Drouin dropping to the 4th line ... but it can be a "hip picket" move for Ducharme.

Anderson not on the bench to start the 2nd period - per RDS ... gives Armia a chance with JD & NS

EDIT: RDS - Anderson for the rest of the game

EDIT2: Video of hit that put Anderson out ... looked somewhat slewfootish

https://twitter.com/StuCowan1/status/1365120471847600128