When Does Dominique Ducharme Get Fired?

Commandant

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

BRUTAL

Danault has become Desharnais to this team. 
Hopefully I’m over reacting and this team figures out how to score.   

I would be very interested to see how KK would do with Tartar and Gallagher ... but on the other hand, KK has not really done enough this season to force the issue ... only one more point than Scott Gomez ... err ... Danault

13 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I would be very interested to see how KK would do with Tartar and Gallagher ... but on the other hand, KK has not really done enough this season to force the issue ... only one more point than Scott Gomez ... err ... Danault

And KK did that with less ice time and with less offensively gifted line mates   

Let’s see what happens. I mean we can’t score and keep losing but I’m sure everything will be fine as long as we keep doing the same things

3 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

BRUTAL

Danault has become Desharnais to this team. 

Hopefully I’m over reacting and this team figures out how to score.   

We are definitely not a team that can even think about rolling 4 lines with Anderson out if we want to score more goals.  The KK line looks anemic on the wings.  Until Anderson returns, I'm all for swapping KK with Danault, then playing lines one and two in that configuration more minutes while using lines 3 and 4 more sparingly.

• Upvote 1

I see that the immobile Weber-Chiarot combo continues to ensorcell the coaches. Sigh.

I would support swapping KK and Danault, but at the end of the day this team really needs Danault and Tatar to get on track, just as it does Price. The veteran core has to step up.

I feel like this team goes where Price and Petry take it. Not Price and Weber. When Petry is on his game these last few years, he is a game changer. Hes gonna start playing better and the teams gonna succeed. They need 2 of Price, Petry, Suzuki to perform better and they will make Ducharme look good.

1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

I feel like this team goes where Price and Petry take it. Not Price and Weber. When Petry is on his game these last few years, he is a game changer. Hes gonna start playing better and the teams gonna succeed. They need 2 of Price, Petry, Suzuki to perform better and they will make Ducharme look good.

True for sure that if your best Goalie and best defence are both struggling the team is going to struggle 

Add in the #1 centre Danault who hasn’t scored in a year and yet continues to get offensive line mates and tons of ice time.  

Danault is playing with the best two way wingers in Gallagher and Tatar 

Toffoli and Anderson also fits in his line but they are better off with “scoring” lines where they can be finishers

Out of Tatar and Gallagher, the pickings are slim: Drouin, Byron, Armia, Lehkonen ...

6 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Danault is playing with the best two way wingers in Gallagher and Tatar 

Toffoli and Anderson also fits in his line but they are better off with “scoring” lines where they can be finishers

Out of Tatar and Gallagher, the pickings are slim: Drouin, Byron, Armia, Lehkonen ...

Tatar was the leading points guy

Gallagher was leading goals guy 

Those are offensive players, pair them with an offensive centre. 

Lehkonen Danault Armia is a defensive line that can chip in goals. Play them against top lines and let the 2 offensive lines go and score. 

Danault can’t score! It has been a whole year! 

The team can’t score and we keep losing!

I think perhaps they might be related 💩

Seeing how Danault is going to play against the other teams top line, he is going to get minutes.  Playing Byron, Lehkonen, Armia, etc... whoever you put on his wings more, and playing Gallagher and Tatar less is not the answer.

46 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Seeing how Danault is going to play against the other teams top line, he is going to get minutes.  Playing Byron, Lehkonen, Armia, etc... whoever you put on his wings more, and playing Gallagher and Tatar less is not the answer.

The idea would be to play Tatar and Gallagher lots but with KK so that we can possibly score some goals. 

Danault’s amazing 5 on 5 play is not winning us any games and helped us to finish near the bottom of the league last year. 

We need to score and Danault playing first line minutes with 0 goals is not a winning recipe 

57 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I guess the question is whether not Danault should be playing against the other teams top line while he is effectively an offensive black hole ... at some point the team needs to have not just a defensive presence against the opposition's best ... it would be a risk to promote KK but the time is soon coming when the Habs will no longer be able to hope Tartar and Gallagher can offset Danault's cement stick.

This is the game thread and having said Thant I do not see why KK wiuld have earned a promotion

we can discuss after the game if he has earned or not

Edited by alfredoh2009
My mistake on the thread

5 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

This is the game thread and having said Thant I do not see why KK wiuld have earned a promotion

we can discuss after the game if he has earned or not

KK has double the goals Danault has despite playing fewer minutes and with less offensive players. 

What has Danault done to keep the first line centre position?

His shutdown skills of which are excellent should be used in that way. 

The only case I can see for keeping Danault as #1 is if you believe his offensive skills will rebound, he’s just in a slump albeit a long slump. 

24 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

KK has double the goals Danault has despite playing fewer minutes and with less offensive players. 

What has Danault done to keep the first line centre position?

His shutdown skills of which are excellent should be used in that way. 

The only case I can see for keeping Danault as #1 is if you believe his offensive skills will rebound, he’s just in a slump albeit a long slump. 

I do not think you are taking into account how unlinear the TOI relation to point production is and how this is mitigated by checking responsibilities agains the other team’s best line
:nuts:
but heck, if you repeat it enough while rubbing your nose and holding garlic between your toes... it may become true   

i mean, until KK earns the minutes, I do not see the change happening

Edited by alfredoh2009
Trying to be. less mean

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I do not think you are taking into account how unlinear the TOI relation to point production is and how this is mitigated by checking responsibilities agains the other team’s best line
but heck, if you repeat it enough while rubbing your nose and holding garlic between your toes... it may become true   

It’s all good friend. We are here to discuss ideas on what the Habs need to do to win. 

We simply disagree 

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Kotkaniemi has scored only two goals. But the Habs centres have only scored nine goals in total. Our wingers have scored 43. Suzuki has five, but even that is well behind the wingers.

Since I don't think KK has been playing badly (although I didn't watch last game), I have no problem with experimenting with a bump in his ice time.

I do think Danault is a black hole right now. If he were producing like he's done in the past, the issue wouldn't even come up.

Last game TOI:

Suzuki    21:03 (18:35/gm this year)

T Toff.    19:19 (17:22)

Drouin    19:52 (15:25)

Danault    15:32 (16:33)

Gallagher 11:58 (15:17)

Tatarrrr     12:30 (14:33)

Seems like new coach has shifted icetime to different line, at least in the last game.

31 minutes ago, DON said:

Last game TOI:

Seems like new coach has shifted icetime to different line, at least in the last game.

kk  14:48

Armia 16:36

Lehkonen 15:39

1 hour ago, DON said:

Last game TOI:

I hope this trend continues. It gives us more chances to score. 

16 hours ago, DON said:

Last game TOI:

That total for Gallagher is alarming, though. Gally is one of those players I’d be leery of alienating as a coach (since he presumably carries a lot of heft in the room) and, surely, he can’t be accused of not working hard - ?

I do like the willingness to shake things up, though.

51 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

That total for Gallagher is alarming, though. Gally is one of those players I’d be leery of alienating as a coach (since he presumably carries a lot of heft in the room) and, surely, he can’t be accused of not working hard - ?

I do like the willingness to shake things up, though.

Back up to 13:42 5-on-5 ... 1:06 on PP and 0:08 ... 14:56 Total ... 5th amongst the frowards ... 

57 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Back up to 13:42 5-on-5 ... 1:06 on PP and 0:08 ... 14:56 Total ... 5th amongst the frowards ... 

Ducharme is not balancing the ice time nearly as much as Julien did: the third and fourth lines were down to about 11:30 and 10:00 last night.