Feb. 26, Moose vs Rocket, 7 PM

dlbalr

After a pair of disappointing losses, Laval looks to get back in the win column tonight in what is expected to be Kaiden Guhle's final game before heading back to junior.  Gianni Fairbrother is gone so Josh Brook is back in.

mtb15_200-150x150.png

(Lines are from last game)

Malott - Graovac - Todd

Suess - Perfetti - Reichel

McKenzie- Jones - Egle

Michaud - Lynch

Heinola - Samberg

Chisholm - Kovacevic

Oligny - Gawanke

Shaw

Berdin

lav17_200-150x150.png

Harvey-Pinard - Weal - Ylonen
Lucchini - Poehling - Lynch
Dauphin - Vejdemo - Khisamutdinov
Teasdale - Blandisi - Baddock

Olofsson - Schueneman

Guhle - Leskinen
Ouellet - Brook

Primeau

Puck drop is at 7 PM on RDS.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Am I wrong in seeing a more consistent offensive play from Vejdemo than Poehling ?

Sadly ... no ... as I type that Poehling gets stood up at the blueline and loses the puck (I'm catching up on PVR) 

On 2/26/2021 at 7:43 PM, alfredoh2009 said:

G. Olofsson tha LD to a good play by Vejdemo on the PK

Blandisi with an asset for good work behind the coal-line

EDIT: Caught up ... I judiciously use the 30 second jump, with the 7 second rewind when needed

2 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Guhle is such a steady D at such a young age 

It will be very interesting to see him at training camp next fall ... likely a year too soon for the NHL but he is amazingly mature and calm 

6-on-5 on a delayed penalty ... Poehling goes up the left side and dumps the puck in from just outside the blueline ... not even a hard dump to try to allow someone on the right side to get it as the puck comes around from behind the net ... why even make Primeau skate to the bench if you are going to do that

Ylonen with a nice shot from a rebound ... looking promising

3 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Ylonen with a nice shot from a rebound ... looking promising

It took him a few games to get used to the game here, but he now has 3+3=6 in the last five games. Let's hope he keeps that up, we may need another winger on the big team next year.

Primeau not making a case tonight for NHL playing time ... looks like what he is ... 21 yr-old second year pro ... he needs lots and lots of AHL games

End of period, Guhle was taken into the boards and left the ice with an obviously sore leg ... see if he comes out for the third ... RDS speculated a possible charley-horse

19 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Primeau not making a case tonight for NHL playing time ... looks like what he is ... 21 yr-old second year pro ... he needs lots and lots of AHL games

We need to accept this reality. He has potential, but he's not ready yet. And goalies are voodoo anyway! 😁

One concern I have is that we have four goalies in Laval/taxi squad. Primeau needs a lot of starts for development, but even if we assume that Lindgren is out at the end of this season, that means we need a good evaluation of McNiven and Demchenko. And there are only 36 games in the AHL season. Primeau is getting his fifth start but the other three have only one each. At this rate they'll end up playing only four or five games this season.

Guhle starts the 3rd

Hervey-Pinard sets up Brook for the go ahead 4-3 goal ... I am liking Lavalagher (or is it Lavallagher?)

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

JOSH BROOK IS GONNA BE A PLAYER, I WILL DIE ON THIS HILL

I tend to agree (albeit from the admittedly little I've seen) and expect he will have an NHL career ... but what kind of player is the question.