its almost funny....

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie
Originally posted by Mark Napier

Hoping for a close, low scoring game because thats the only way Habs have a shot at winning but I'm predicting Habs lose 5 -2 to the Text.

Hey Napier, sounds like you've been sipping some of that champagne Shortcat has been drinking of late. I take your comments for what they worth... Your typing did seem a little slurred.

Habs win this one despite all of the adversity.

:hlogo:

Adversity offers experiences that lead to championships. After dealing with these recent events our team, will have to learn to survive and this can only be a great thing, once the playoffs come around.

Plus i predict a great TO like performance upon his return from KOVY...Just like TO in the superbowl he will amaze everyone, minus the self centered jerkiness and Drew Rosenhaus of course

Hey, Mr Claude Julien has 14 games (0G- 1A- 25Pim) of NHL experience as a D. AHL stats: 408 GP-40G-206A. Our #6-D? Go Habs Go. May the force be with you!

Originally posted by Mont Royale
Originally posted by Rooster

I just bought a brand new shinny pair of skates. maybe I could offer my services for tonight.:)

Silly bird - Rooster's can't skate!

But those skates I bought are wicked fast!

Originally posted by Mont Royale

I just bought a brand new shinny pair of skates. maybe I could offer my services for tonight.:)

Silly bird - Rooster's can't skate!

But those skates I bought are wicked fast!

Nope, can't skate with them tonight. Gotta break 'em in first.

I think I will cut my cable wires so I won't have to watch the slaughter tonight. Oh boy, this is going to be ugly and embarrassing. Can we forfeit the game, bow down to the Sens, and beg/thank them for letting us leave without the embarrassment of being squashed like bugs? This game should be a game of shinny for the Sens. They will not even break a sweat. Who's our daddy? Sens certainly and even the lowly Leafs. Ugly, just ugly!

Anybody remember that game last season, when the sens blew a 4-0 lead to TO because they all had the flu?

Here's hoping...

GO HABS!

(and the Sens-seeking flu)

Originally posted by lovethehabs

I think I will  cut my cable wires so  I won't have to watch the slaughter tonight. Oh boy, this is going to be ugly and embarrassing.  Can we forfeit the game,  bow down to the Sens, and beg/thank them for letting us leave without the embarrassment of being squashed like bugs? This game should be a game of shinny for the Sens. They will not even break a sweat.  Who's our daddy? Sens certainly and   even the lowly Leafs. Ugly, just ugly!

While you're at it, cut your 'other' cable wires (or phone wires, if you use dial-up!) so we don't have to read your upbeat predictions. :nono:

So, were only gonna be playing with 5 defenders tonight against the best team in the nhl. That makes alot of sense.

Rivet, Dandenault, Bouillon, Streit, Cote, ?????

We should have called one more guy, possibly Aitken, so he could beat up McGratton lol

I think I will  cut my cable wires so  I won't have to watch the slaughter tonight. Oh boy, this is going to be ugly and embarrassing.  Can we forfeit the game,  bow down to the Sens, and beg/thank them for letting us leave without the embarrassment of being squashed like bugs? This game should be a game of shinny for the Sens. They will not even break a sweat.  Who's our daddy? Sens certainly and   even the lowly Leafs. Ugly, just ugly!

WARNING SENATORS FAN ON THE BOARD.

Why don't you go away with all your doom and gloom. You should be called hatethehabs as your posts do not in any way constructively criticize the team. You sure are kissing major Ottawa A$$!

Could you imagine the incredible boost a win tonight would provide to this team? I doubt it would happen, but the Habs have nothing to lose in the circumstances going in to this one.

im not going to try and predict this one as i am torn between thinking(hoping) it will be a great performance by theo and somehow they will win and looking at the facts and thinking ottawa will win by a few goals.

but hey, we're only 4 points behind the sens and a win tonight would sure be sweet for the team morale.

:hlogo::/):/):hlogo:

:ghg:

For those who do not like to hear about the reality the Habs find themselves in because of so many dumb-ass moves by management in recent memory and who sound like irrational Leaf fans who think they are going to win the cup every year, here is the fiction you love to hear:

Habs are great this year. The goaltending has been really consistent supported by a skilled core of dependent defencemen. The forwards are really penetrating the offensive zone this year making every shot count. The power play is really putting pressure on other teams to the point that they are afraid to take penalties against the Habs potent snipers. PK is second to none as back to basics hockey and strong postion play place the PK at the top of the league. The cup comes home this year. All is great in Montreal. For those with the rose coloured glasses on - enjoy the fantasy.

The Habs are my team. Avoiding acknowledging the needs of this team by continuously making excuses for stupid managemnet moves and nonchalant performances like that of Ribeiro and other players has allowed this team to dwell in the basement for too long. Maybe your mediocre standards are acceptable to you and some inside the organization, but the Habs and their players have had too much practice for too many seasons in producing predictable sound bites for the media and their fans after each mediocre game and season.

Could you imagine the incredible boost a win tonight would provide to this team?  I doubt it would happen, but the Habs have nothing to lose in the circumstances going in to this one.

i had the same thought earlier today :D :ghg:

For those who do not like to hear about the reality the Habs find themselves in because of so many dumb-ass moves by management in recent memory and who sound like irrational Leaf fans who think they are going to win the cup every year, here is the fiction you love to hear:

Habs are great this year. The goaltending has been really consistent supported by a skilled core of dependent defencemen. The forwards are really penetrating the offensive zone this year making every shot count. The power play is really putting pressure on other teams to the point that they are afraid to take penalties against the Habs potent snipers. PK is second to none as back to basics hockey and strong postion play place the PK at the top of the league. The cup  comes home this year. All is great in Montreal. For those with the rose coloured glasses on - enjoy the fantasy.

The Habs are my team. Avoiding acknowledging the needs of this team by continuously making excuses for stupid managemnet moves and nonchalant performances like that  of Ribeiro and other players has allowed this team to dwell in the basement for too long. Maybe your mediocre standards are acceptable to you and some inside the organization, but  the Habs and their players have had too  much practice for too many seasons in producing predictable sound bites for the media and their fans after each mediocre game and season.

The Habs stink this year. The goalies couldn't stop a beach ball. The D is absolutely useless. Markov is no better than a #4, Bouillon should be immediately waived. Rivet has been terrible all year. Our forwards stink. The rookies make too many mistakes and should be benched. Our first line would be a second line on any other team. Koivu is overrated.

How is that any better? I respect your opinion lovethehabs, but I'd rather be optimistic than doom and gloom. The Habs are 5th in the East and have spent significant time at #1. Sure, there's a lot to criticize, but by and large there has been more to applaud this year.

And I don't think this message board makes excuses for anybody on the team... LEAST of all Ribeiro. In case you haven't noticed, a "Ribeiro is crap" thread starts up here after pretty much every game.

[Edited on 2005/11/29 by option+]