Game Thread | Montreal vs. Senators | 11/29/05

Spider-Man NL

Originally posted by HABS721

Yes Lister, very hard to watch ... they have no drive. It's like they've given up, used Kovalev, Markov, Souray as excuses?? I don't know. Passes aren't crisp, stupid stupid penalties are taken left right and center ... that to me is a lack of concentration. So where's Julien ... he needs to shake those guys up ... get their drive going.

That's it and if Julien can't make an impression on these guys it might reach a time where we have to look to Gainey to find a solution even if that solution is coaching. It wouldn't be the first time a good coach couldn't motivate certain types of players. i also hope that someone sent the tape of that Toronto game to the league. This is pretty demoralizing when your team battles back to be cheated. The affects last longer than one game. That shit shouldn't fly in any league and it happens to Montreal all the time. Smaller teams and non-Toronto friendly shouldn't get handed a different standard of officiating. If nothing was done I'd say our management let the ball drop there. Markov's suspension to boot. :wall: those refs should be suspended and banned from officiating the Habs for a year. What will it take to make refs accountable???

Not that this is the cause of all of our problems but it is there.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have here in Kladno a same problem - 7 losses from last 10 games. We have 9 players on injury list today. Five of them are key-players (Bulis the Habbie knows the names like Patera, Procházka etc.) and we must play with some young guys now. One of them scored the game-winner today at Sparta Prague :).

I know, thats not a 100% solution for every situation and every league, but really works sometime.

Sparta-Kladno-13.jpg

17 years old Michal Kazatel and his first goal in senior league tonite :-) , in his 2nd game for us! .. pic from me, sorry for quality :)

I missed the Leafs game! I saw a quick replay of the Rivet penalty and it didn't look as bad as some people are saying it was but I really wish I had gotten to see a replay of the goal. From all the things I've heard there's no way it could have been a good call.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

I missed the Leafs game! I saw a quick replay of the Rivet penalty and it didn't look as bad as some people are saying it was but I really wish I had gotten to see a replay of the goal. From all the things I've heard there's no way it could have been a good call.

Under normal circumstances I would have been fine with a penalty on the play. However, when the refs put their whistle away for the whole third period and ignore a hit from behind on Ribs and Perezhogin getting hauled down on a partial breakaway, there is no need to hand out at 2 minute minor tripping penalty at the 0:00 mark of the third period in a tied game when the call is questionable at best. And that my friend, is just the tip of the iceberg.

Originally posted by tommy9

We have here in Kladno a same problem - 7 losses from last 10 games. We have 9 players on injury list today. Five of them are key-players (Bulis the Habbie knows the names like Patera, Procházka etc.) and we must play with some young guys now. One of them scored the game-winner today at Sparta Prague :).

I know, thats not a 100% solution for every situation and every league, but really works sometime.

17 years old Michal Kazatel and his first goal in senior league tonite :-) , in his 2nd game for us! .. pic from me, sorry for quality :)

Are you kidding? That's a great picture. Well except for the empty seats over there :(

Originally posted by mineral

Are you kidding? That's a great picture. Well except for the empty seats over there :(

Thanks. I got the place among the profi-photographers today. :D ... and what about empty seat? Thats a bitter reality in Czech league! NHLers are gone and 20-30% visitors too :(.

Sparta-Kladno-37.jpg

... Sparta's bench at stand 1-3. Not a happyend today :)

And yes, that was a very drawn out, despressing game tonight. It's hard to believe what the loss of Kovalev has indirectly brought upon the team in these last games, though i do agree with someone who mentioned before that the slump had already began right before his (un)timely departure.

Interesting statistic - Streit TOI: 21mins. Despite what we see as a flubber of so many plays on the blue line, he was driving out of our zone and one of the few delivering some hard passes, despite most of the players being incapable of accepting his or anyone else's tonight.

Ottawa's coverage was excellent tonight. I can't remember how many times it taking us 3-5 passes to get the puck out of our own zone with 1 or 2 ottawa fore-checkers preying on the passing lanes. **WE MUST LEARN TO STOP MAKING HORIZONTAL PASSES** I see it constantly. Passing and passing, but the puck isn't moving up the ice. Our transition into center ice is horrible that way. Instead of one clean pass into the center zone and a hard sprint into the offensive zone, we've got puck-tag between the defense who can't help at all for the momentum of the rush - which was completely gone tonight.

But that can also be easily attributed by a lack of PUCK CONTROL. It's painful - just watching it happen; Ribeiro, Ryder, Bulis, Higgins (lately), Dagenais, Bonk, Zednik, you name it. As soon as an opposing players get close to them, you know that puck is gone. One thing that i've noticed more and more, and makes me uncomfortable to watch is how Ryder handles the puck. He carries it tap by tap but interleaves that with swinging the blade of his stick over his head while he skates. Now, how is the world can you control the puck with an aggressive grinder fore-checking you when you expose the puck every time you take a step? No plays are being made because the habs can't control the puck long enough before making a pass to the blue line for the D to lay a blind shot towards the net.

I agree a lot with A Concerned Fan these days when he talks about CJ's choices. Especially with the rookies (rookies not including Streit). At every given chance, they show us a little magic on the ice. They give us a taste of what they can do and it's refreshing and invigorating to see their potential creep into each play. Moving them around like socks in a drawer doesn't help. From 1st line to 4th or from 4th to 2nd and then back to 4th again up and down, sideways and backwards. The shuffle of the lines has got to stop. How is any chemistry supposed to develop when the players of three lines are like names in hat guaranteed an almost random spot in any line. Perhaps the inconsistancy on the ice can be attributed to the inconsistancy of your role and your linemates as well.

The rookies are the only ones playing with enough zest and heart today to deserve spots on the top lines. Our second line WAS a joke until the recent shake up before Toronto. I'm very glad Plekanec is getting the job of 2nd line now with Ryder. He's taking every shot he can, still makes great blind passes, he's hitting, and he SKATES. Shit, did i forget mention he's the 'secret weapon' for face-offs right now (moniker thanks to the clever commentators) that he's been given the center role he was made for? What in the hell took so long for him to get there in the first place? That gaff in Boston, in a game we still friggin' won? That was like 20 games ago... I mean, should Theo be benched after letting that 4th goal in? Imagine the bloodshed if the game had been tied or we'd of been (yes, DREAM) leading at the time and he trips and falls on his bacon like that. It would have been murder. The crucifix, the noose, the lynch mob. Nun's Island aflame let me tell you.

Final words:

Bonk: Can't play. Out

Dagenais: Can't skate, can't puck handle, can't pass. Out

Bulis: Can't finish. Back to 3rd please. Now.

Begin: Please come back...

Perezhogin: Has to stay up top until Kovalev get's back. All he needs is chances. Give him that and keep him there and within no time i'll bet his confidence and offensive output will reach the levels at the start of the season. 3:42 TOI = little confidence = no chances = no output. Hardly the model developement of a rookie with that kind of talent.

[Edited on 2005/11/30 by mineral]

Originally posted by mineral

Thanks. I got the place among the profi-photographers today. :D ... and what about empty seat? Thats a bitter reality in Czech league! NHLers are gone and 20-30% visitors too :(.

... Sparta's bench at stand 1-3. Not a happyend today :)

LOL you're telling me, look at that coach on the bench. Not the poster child for despair eh hahah.

Again, very nice shot. I was just teasing about the stands. Sad is the pics you see of the bleachers in Hamilton. That place is a ghost rink almost...

2Mineral: I've seen the match tonite and I agree with 99% of your words. Habs need a more "competitive environment" in the moment. We'll see whats happened with a squad in near future.

... and bye to everybody. A bittersweet night was this.

Yeah i've heard of this 'Kladno system'. Lol sounds more like an institution more than a style of hockey. I certainly do respect it after seeing the players it's created. Quite scary. That avatar of yours alone, with Jagr and Kaberle ...man it must have been a sight to see. And yes, i am quite partial to Plekanec, but not overly smitten. You know, still dignified and all :P

Originally posted by matsnaslundsuperfan
Originally posted by Mark Napier

Hoping for a close, low scoring game because thats the only way Habs have a shot at winning but I'm predicting Habs lose 5 -2 to the Text.

Hey Napier, sounds like you've been sipping some of that champagne Shortcat has been drinking of late. I take your comments for what they worth... Your typing did seem a little slurred.

Habs win this one despite all of the adversity.

:hlogo:

Hey mats, want to rethink that? I was actually giving them more credit than they deserved. Guess you got egg on your face huh.........

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

You can still see a replay on NHL.com or TSN.ca, just go to the right day. TSN has also the dissalowed goal in the recap!

I saw goals that day with the same amount of goalie touching, sick our was dissalowed!