Game Thread | Montreal vs. Senators | 11/29/05

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, what else can go wrong lately? Our best player is out, nobody's stepping up, everyone looks medicated out there, 3 of our top 4 defencemen are out, odd coaching decisions, top defenceman prospect goes to another team for nothing (and we pay them for it), injuries galore, underachievers, Dags, suspect goaltending, and bad officiating.

If I missed anything it's because I'm completely exasperated right now. Is there any end in sight for this slump?

[Edited on 2005/11/30 by Trizzak]

I heard the third period on the radio. Ouch.

On the bright side, we have two good things to look at.

1) On all 3 of our one-sided losses this season we outshot the opponent (27-26 tonight).

and 2) This was the toughest game we are going to play ALL season. Against OTTAWA, in Ottawa, with Kovalev injured, 2 rookies on defence, only 5 defenceman, our top defenceman out, etc, etc, etc.

Can anyone tell me how Cote looked?

Originally posted by tommy9
Originally posted by Trizzak
Originally posted by tommy9

!!!! Zednik taken down and no call for Spezza!!! Such a cr@p! :mad:

It's official.

Every team is paying the refs except Montreal.

And what about "black funds"? Are existing among the NHL teams. What do you think?

It wouldn't surprise me. You have a lot of teams with surplus revenues and outdated styles of play. What better way to survive the transition into the new NHL.

I doubt there is any investigations into this stuff. When you look at the groups that invest in hockey teams and the money at stake it makes you wonder. The Ontario teachers pension plan isn't going to want to lose their retirement plans with the competing revenues of the Ottawa Senators and the Habs.

Hell in a handbasket, but as bad as Montreal gets I won't turn my tv off. That's what they want so then the Leafs can go on in an unchallenged market.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

1) On all 3 of our one-sided losses this season we outshot the opponent (27-26 tonight).

um...what? how is that good? it shows that the Habs can't score

Well fellow forum posters ... something HAS to be done with this team. We're on a downhill slide to nowhere.

Where is the team that was so exciting at the begining of the season?

Originally posted by ~moeman

Trizzak, I like your posts but I'd edit out that first line. I'll even say please.

It wasn't a wish, and it really is the next worse thing that could happen to the Habs (and Koivu) but yes, okay, edited out.

Originally posted by ~moeman

Trizzak, I like your posts but I'd edit out that first line. I'll even say please.

It wasn't a wish, and it really is the next worse thing that could happen to the Habs (and Koivu) but yes, okay, edited out.

I appreciate the edit. A family member of mine was re-diagnosed last Friday with spinal cord cancer. Its my nephew and he isn't even 5 yet. I might be a little touchy but thanks for the respect by editing your post.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

um...what? how is that good? it shows that the Habs can't score

I was going to edit it because I wasn't sure if it was good or bad. It depends how you look at it. I'd rather play well and get blown out then just wathc the other team skate laps around you and get blown out.

And the second point is only too true. Had we won this game then we could iwn any game. Turns out we can't.;)