March 4 Jets @ Habs 7:00

Our new winning streak will continue tonight bolstered by a modest win over a modest Sens team.

Price played a quiet, technically sound game and our new power play coach had an immediate impact. I expect both of these new trends to continue as the Habs build momentum under new systems.

Ducharme has adjusted ice times and is moving away from the rolling 4 lines model to a more traditional model. Suzuki's line has greatly increased ice time while the struggling Danault has had his ice time peeled back.

Kotkaniemi was very impressive against Ottawa but has shown inconsistent flashes of brilliance all season long. Will KK's skills ever result in actual goals and points or is he another draft pick that teases us without any results (and boy have we seen lots of them here)?

Edmundson and Petry played great against the Sens but boy oh boy have they been struggling lately, I hope they have both turned the corner.

In my opinion this is a very important game against a very good team. A loss could drag us down into the crap again but a win could propel us into a long winning streak.

Can someone please stand up and score some goals?!

I will update with lines etc once we know if Anderson is playing and who the starting goalie is

So no Anderson and Allen in net

Game will go to the team with the better special teams.

I hope the goalies are NOT a factor,  I just want steady goaltending from Carey if he is in nets: and most importantly, a win

Go Habs Go!

21 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I pray that Anderson is back tonight....would be a big difference maker IMO.

interim coach said not tonight for Andersson butt yes to  Allen in net

Edited by alfredoh2009

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

interim coach said not tonight for Andersson butt yes to  Allen in net

I’m not sure I agree with Allen starting this game.  Yes, Allen has played better but Price played a good quiet game vs Ottawa.  I think as a reward for good play Price should of started.

20 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Im fine with switching goalies every game.  In such a compressed schedule it will keep Allen sharp and give Carey plenty of games to find his game at the same time.

That was the plan from the beginning anyway. 

I thought Price should start to build his momentum but that has risk because it could backfire. 

17 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Per Habs Twitter, it is a GULP ... Reverse Retro game tonight ...

So, guaranteed loss night :( A pity.

I'm quite surprised Price didn't get the start. That seems to suggest that the Habs don't think Price is going to just snap out of his funk, that he really does need to work on some things.

2 minutes ago, DON said:

Time to put a nice big wager on the Jets i guess.:angry2:

Put your money where your mouth is. 

What an odd topic.

:gohabsgo:

34 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Put your money where your mouth is. 

What an odd topic.

:gohabsgo:

When I saw it was retro night I knew how "popular" that would be given how things have gone this season when wearing them.

Good breakout pass by Kotkaniemi but one pass too many

====
I want to see if Dom makes the in-game adjistements to give the Habs a chance.

Seems like the Jets are dominating along the boards and that they are clogging the Center ice with their long reach and active sticks  

2 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Dangerous pass from Ranpv

to Toffoli gets picked up and ends inthe net

2-0 fast team 

Romanov passed to Suzuki who tapped it to Toffoli on the boards and his pass back to Kulak got picked off