March 6 Winnipeg @ Montreal 7:00

19 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

This is a fun one so far...it's been awhile since we could sit back and enjoy an easy goal-filled night.

When was the last time we were ahead 7-0?  I can’t even remember.  It feels soooooooo hood not having to worry about them blowing the lead and just hope that more players will end slumps.

1 minute ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Let’s win on this PK and keep Price’s game without a blemish 

Did you REALLY need to say that?

Just now, sbhatt said:

Unfortunate that a penalty cost Carey the shutout, but still...keep it to 1 and it's still a strong statistical night.

I like his game tonight, quiet well positioned and combative when needed 

he looks in control 

2 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Now jinxed that, too! 😬

:devil: I am the all powerful jinx lord  :devil:

Beware of my wrath if I put my sight on you !

2 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Great way to kick off a western road trip. 

Im hoping we do similar to Vancouver on Monday. 

Currently watching them defeat the Leafs.

That was fun, like postes

earlier it was nice to be able to sit back and enjoy 

I hope they continue to play like this: F support of the Ds on zone exits, driving the net and retrieving pucks 

• Like 1

One of those games where everything seemed to go our way and we got all the bounces.  Great to see the Danault line get going and Price solid.  Hopefully we keep it going against a Vancouver team that's surely in better form than when we saw them last.

33 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I like his game tonight, quiet well positioned and combative when needed 

he looks in control 

Another 5 or 6 games in a row just like the last 2 and his season numbers will creep back into the average range.   I hope it happens...we need a long winning streak to offset the February collapse.

26 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Great way to kick off a western road trip. 

Im hoping we do similar to Vancouver on Monday. 

Hopefully Toffoli eats them alive again.

Well, that was satisfactory, LOL.

A good slump-buster of a game from a team that was playing better but not really getting rewarded.

One key was that they finally didn’t take a bunch of stupid penalties.

Another key was the KK line. I’ve been saying for a while that the kid is rounding into form, and it’s great that Ducharme is rewarding him. Keep those guys together!

A third key is that the Danault line ***FINALLY*** woke up. They were winning puck battles, being creative, being dynamic, getting stuff done. It wasn’t just Gally any more floundering around wondering where his linemates are. If they can build on that, it’s big.

Price looked quite Price-like except for that one sloppy rebound.

The only thing is, that might be the worst game I’ve seen Romanov play. Didn’t hurt us (obviously), but geez, it seemed like every decision he made with the puck was terrible. 

(Side note: am I the only one who enjoys seeing Beaulieu floundering? I really think WPG’s extensive use of him is a sign of their lack of blueline depth rather than N8 the Great having ‘found a home,’ as Gary Galley said).

29 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

(Side note: am I the only one who enjoys seeing Beaulieu floundering? I really think WPG’s extensive use of him is a sign of their lack of blueline depth rather than N8 the Great having ‘found a home,’ as Gary Galley said).

I was quite enjoying that myself! I think he might have been on the ice for four of the seven goals?

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Well, that was satisfactory, LOL.

A good slump-buster of a game from a team that was playing better but not really getting rewarded.

One key was that they finally didn’t take a bunch of stupid penalties.

Another key was the KK line. I’ve been saying for a while that the kid is rounding into form, and it’s great that Ducharme is rewarding him. Keep those guys together!

A third key is that the Danault line ***FINALLY*** woke up. They were winning puck battles, being creative, being dynamic, getting stuff done. It wasn’t just Gally any more floundering around wondering where his linemates are. If they can build on that, it’s big.

Price looked quite Price-like except for that one sloppy rebound.

The only thing is, that might be the worst game I’ve seen Romanov play. Didn’t hurt us (obviously), but geez, it seemed like every decision he made with the puck was terrible. 

There are some ex-habs that I hope they do well. Nate the Grate is not one of them.

Im happy for Price the most. He was really on his game. 

I still think Weber needs a partner with wheels. He made some good plays but he also displayed his incredible slowness. 

I really hope we can destroy Vancouver again and maybe we can take advantage of Calgary and their old school coach 

Surely Danault has to score very soon, if keep that line together.

Suzuki quiet again, 4gm point streak, on 61pt pace (for 82gm) and seems to be avoiding the sophomore slump.:thumbs_up: 

56 minutes ago, DON said:

Surely Danault has to score very soon, if keep that line together.

Suzuki quiet again, 4gm point streak, on 61pt pace (for 82gm) and seems to be avoiding the sophomore slump.:thumbs_up: 

That line and the Kotkaniemi line were both fantastic last night. They should certainly be kept together. Danault will break the goose egg for sure if they keep up the momentum, but the main thing is that he was very offensively involved, getting assists and participating. 

That does leave Suzuki with Drouin and Armia. Not optimal, and that’s a trio I’d be willing to tinker with; but Drouin has playing well and Armia is solid, so Suzy should be able to operate reasonably well with those two.

13 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

12 hours ago, tomh009 said:

I was quite enjoying that myself! I think he might have been on the ice for four of the seven goals?

11 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

There are some ex-habs that I hope they do well. Nate the Grate is not one of them.

I don't wish Beaulieu ill as such, but his inability to develop his obvious physical skills into a solid NHL game in his 5 years with the Habs was so frustrating that it does leave me not unhappy to see he hasn't really fixed himself.

Much as I dislike Gary Galley, I also think Nate has found a home in Winnipeg ... but it is as a third pairing defenceman ... or, in other words, that home has a short-term lease