2021 Taxi squad watch

alfredoh2009

I am starting a thread on changes to the Taxi squad, I hope it is useful at some point 

Per Cap Friendly, today’s brochette includes :

Hillis, Cameron

Verbeek, Hayden

Lindgren, Charlie

Frolík, Michael

with Mete and Lehkonen being healthy scratches on the active roster

It's a good idea as we don't really have a spot to put these.  I try to update these on the site as well when I can.  Expect Byron to be on the transactions list for today to be added to the group as well as probably one of the waiver-exempt guys.

Moving into Taxi squad:

Paul Byron, Laurent Dauphin, Xavier Ouellet

Staving in Taxi squad:

Lindgren, Charlie

Frolík, Michael

Moving out of Taxi squad, goin gto minors:

Hayden Verbeek, Cam Hillis

Señor GIF - Shell Game - Greatest GIFs Of All Time - Pronounced GIF or JIF?  - Cheezburger

For anyone wondering ... Cale Fleury was returned to the AHL on February 27th

5 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

In taxi squad:

Laurent Dauphin,

Xavier Ouellet,

Lindgren, Charlie

Frolík, Michael

Add Paul Byron and Jesperi Kotkaniemi to that list for today.  Both will be recalled tomorrow (unless they scratch Byron).

Suzuki is today's taxi squad cap casualty.  With Chiarot out, they can only now send one player down and Byron is back to being waiver-eligible having played in 11 games since clearing waivers.  I was expecting him back on waivers today but maybe they'll wait to do that until they're back home (due to recall quarantine issues).

40 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Im sure that he clears again 

I was looking at cap friendly yesterday, and there si not team that stood out as needing to add a player like Byron at his current cap hit

5 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I was looking at cap friendly yesterday, and there si not team that stood out as needing to add a player like Byron at his current cap hit

I agree not on waivers ... likely/undoubtedly would have to sweeten the deal to get any value in return

Doubt the league or the players association care much, but it is interesting how often the Habs have put players on the taxi squad that they have no intention (and now even physical ability) of playing.

30 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Doubt the league or the players association care much, but it is interesting how often the Habs have put players on the taxi squad that they have no intention (and now even physical ability) of playing.

It's certainly goofy but in reality, whoever they put there wouldn't be eligible anyway given the quarantine on travel rules.  Whether they put Olofsson there, Verbeek (who was there Monday), or Poehling, it's all the same.  When I'm on the night shift on PHR, I often spend the last hour doing all the taxi squad transactions - I can safely say Montreal is far from the only team doing something like that.

Good effort in the third (sort of) gets back the point they lost in the first game in Vancouver on this trip when the Habs gave up the tying goal with less than a minute left

$%^&*()+(*&^(%*$&^*&()__+)*(&^%$&*()_+)(&*^&%^$%&^(%*&^(&)*_(&)*^(&%*^$&%^#*$&(%*)(&)*_(&)*^(&%^$&%#^$%*$&(%*)(&)*_

Yesterday, the Habs assigned Evans to the Taxi squad and moved Suzuki out of it.

On Taxi squad:

Gustav Olofssson,

Charlie Lindgren,

Jake Evans,

Paul Byron,

Michael Frolik,

Xavier Ouelle

Taxi Squad for today is:

Caufield (still in COVID protocol)

Vejdemo (he may be recuperating from injury),

Olofsson (surprised to see him here)

Lindgren (in limbo this season)

I am surprised that you can put players that were on the injury list and on COVID protocol in the taxi squad. Loophole?

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Taxi Squad for today is:

Caufield (still in COVID protocol)

Vejdemo (he may be recuperating from injury),

Olofsson (surprised to see him here)

Lindgren (in limbo this season)

I am surprised that you can put players that were on the injury list and on COVID protocol in the taxi squad. Loophole?

No one said players on the taxi squad have to be healthy.  Caufield has been sent down, by the way.  Frolik will be sent down after the pregame warmup to bring it back to four.  Yes, Vejdemo is also injured.

It'd be nice to get Olofsson down to Laval to play but who comes up to replace him?  Ouellet is already down there to get playing time and the only other d-men that can be recalled are Leskinen, Brook, and Fleury, all prospects they want to keep in the Laval lineup.  I wouldn't be surprised if after a few days, Ouellet and Olofsson are flipped.