March 8 Habs @ Canucks 10:00 est

Just now, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Not that I don’t agree, but he would cough it up at out own blue line to Glenn Murray.

Yeah, but I’d take him any day over the one year wonder Souray, who was so upset at Kovolev, when he made a major cough up almost every game. Markov got him his goals, but he was a pylon. He didn’t have to fall down clutching his arm like Kovolev did. Players regularly turned him into the pretzel. I’ll take the skilled magician who disappears, over an over-sized pylon any day.

Very disappointing to lose this game.  

Maybe a thought to have the Petry Edmondson duo out there protecting the lead.  They have been much more solid than the Weber Chariot pairing this year.

0 7 in OT and shootout.  Just brutal

Felt like this game was wrapped up but we obviously needed to get more than a single goal in regulation.  Once again we look like trash in 3-on-3 and the shootout.  At least we changed the tactics a bit by having three forwards out there at times, but no KK or Romanov again?  

2 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I only learned of your new location through this post. 👍 I still thought you were in Quatar.

A profile update might be in order😃

1 hour ago, TurdBurglar said:

This is the best overall performance the Habs have put on all season.  Good forecheck, good back pressure, good defense, and good goaltending.  Not every game has to have 5 goals scored, but at no point so far do they feel like it could slip away at any moment. 

I agree that the Habs did play decent.  However,  on 4 or 5 occasions I noticed Anderson's back checking was non existent.  Each time I saw that the Nucks could have potentially scored.  Price looked incredible and kept them in the game.  I'm actually happy the Habs managed to get 1 point. 

However, there were numerous positive signs from this game.  The Habs had a bunch of great scoring chances and only scored 1 because the Nucks G played really well.  It seems like DD is getting them to make defensive stands at their blue line to try to force offsides.  Also, their positioning the in offensive zone looks to be improving.

1 minute ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I agree that the Habs did play decent.  However,  on 4 or 5 occasions I noticed Anderson's back checking was non existent.  Each time I saw that the Nucks could have potentially scored.  Price looked incredible and kept them in the game.  I'm actually happy the Habs managed to get 1 point. 

However, there were numerous positive signs from this game.  The Habs had a bunch of great scoring chances and only scored 1 because the Nucks G played really well.  It seems like DD is getting them to make defensive stands at their blue line to try to force offsides.  Also, their positioning the in offensive zone looks to be improving.

I do like the better puck support that the Habs seem to have under DD gameplan

The OT was simply shiiite as per tradition. 

I was liberal on the fast forward button this morning but Price looked really good. 

A coverage mistake by Chairot led to that tie goal but what a back breaker. The whole team slumped their shoulders. 

Our D looks much more poised under Ducharme. 

11pm start Wednesday sucks 

13 hours ago, TurdBurglar said:

I don't how you guys can PVR or watch the game later.  I always see the score somehow when I attempt to do that and once I see the score, I have no desire to watch the full game.

Need to simply to avoid sports websites and the toronto media for an hour or three, which normally isnt that hard to do. But, if find out score by accident, it does suck and not the same for sure.

Still very consistent in OT eh.

Oh well, wasnt a horrible game and Canucks deserved the win.

34 minutes ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

What is Tatar thinking? He’s in a all star game with that attempt, that was a must score and a very low percentage decision to score like that.  Very disappointing 

Very disappointing encapsulates Tatar overall this year. 

Better question is why the hell was he out there?

18 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I don't understand why we keep playing Chiarot-Weber together.  Its clearly not mobile enough, especially given the minutes and situations they are used at. 

I think it is because the coaching staff believes that alternative pairings may be worse.

One thing that I have noticed in some interviews in the last 2-3 years is how some players skip a shift late in the game or OT because of cramps. Also, when compressed calendars and cardio/fitness has been discussed with trainers they have mentioned in-game biometrics (pulse rate, oxygen levels, etc).

I think that a lot of thought goes into evaluating work load and minues played per player and that this may be driving D-pair selections beyond what is obvious to us.

One of the reasons I am so high on Petry-Edmundson and how I do not think we are still lacking an ideal partner for Weber

Edited by alfredoh2009
typos

12 hours ago, MFT77 said:

0 7 in OT and shootout.  Just brutal

Was about to make the same remark. It's getting to be a little worrisome that we can't seem to win a single game once the first 60 minutes are over.

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I think it is because the coaching staff believes that alternative pairings may be worse.

Or Ducharme wants to change only one thing at a time.

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

Or Ducharme wants to change only one thing at a time.

The Dude seems to be coaching with confidence and I think he is past the initial phase. I think he is makign the changes he thinks are needed, single or multiple.

the choices on OT are his, cannot pin that on CJ and KM.

3 hours ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

What is Tatar thinking? He’s in a all star game with that attempt, that was a must score and a very low percentage decision to score like that.  Very disappointing 

I thought the same thing at first, but nothing else is working.  I’m not sure they have scored a goal in OT or SO this season.  So I’m not going to judge Tatar too harsh on it.

What was more concerning was Drouin bobbled the puck on his attempt, which happens, but was smiling about it on his way to the bench?  I praised yesterday he looks more confident, and then last night he pulls that?

On HabsLunch (TSN690) today Chris Nilan had an interesting analysis on the game tying goal

1. Drouin was where he should have been on the forecheck

2. Anderson took himself out of position by aggressively moving tot he puckcarrtier

3. Weber being so close to the boards meant Chiarot had to slide to the centre or leave a potential open highway to price

4. Danault chased the puck but should have stayed more in the centre of the ice and might have then blocked or discourages the pass to Gaudette

Nothing is as simple as it looks. 

2 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I can see Suzuki and even Drouin but why not Toffoli or Anderson?

We look actually scared on OT. Scared to get scored on like every other OT. 
Put power out there shift one and go flubbin score

What annoyed me more than Danault taking the draw was that despite losing it he stayed out for almost a minute ... thought the idea was to try and win the draw and then change.

6 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

On HabsLunch (TSN690) today Chris Nilan had an interesting analysis on the game tying goal

1. Drouin was where he should have been on the forecheck

2. Anderson took himself out of position by aggressively moving tot he puckcarrtier

3. Weber being so close to the boards meant Chiarot had to slide to the centre or leave a potential open highway to price

4. Danault chased the puck but should have stayed more in the centre of the ice and might have then blocked or discourages the pass to Gaudette

Nothing is as simple as it looks. 

I disagree with knuckles 

Chairot should not have completely left the entire centre/left side open to cover the right point. I don’t think Chairot realized what was happening and was focused on covering Weber’s slow, out of position ass again. 

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

I don't understand why we keep playing Chiarot-Weber together.  Its clearly not mobile enough, especially given the minutes and situations they are used at. 

Weber is the problem on that line. He is constantly out of position and too slow to make up for it.  Chairot is covering Weber’s ass and exposing himself in the process.