Mar 10, Habs vs Canucks, 11:00 PM

tomh009

6 minutes ago, Neech said:

Keep in mind that we tend to look great against the Canucks.

I don't expect us to do well tomorrow - that might as well be a schedule loss.  Puck drop in 19 hours in a different city against a team with a new hard-ass coach.

Second night of a back-to-back I don't expect much either, but they have looked good since the coaching change.  Almost every issue before the coaching change has improved.  Better defense, better Price, and better special teams.

I just finished watching it. I like to pvr the start and watch while being able to skip the commercials and much of what passes for commentary these days. Although I have to say,  I am liking Craig Button as a colour analyst much more than I thought I would. 
it’s nearly 3:00 am and I’m too wired to sleep. Tomorrow could be a very challenging day. 

• Like 1

Yeah how about that KK, Gallagher combo that I wanted 😍

Some interesting D pairings in the third. I wonder where that will settle? I doubt Chairot plays tonight. 

Price great again

Kulak makes awful decisions at times. 

Is this the start of something great for Danault or was that his yearly goal?

I love this stat:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Neech said:

Danault with his first in over a year!  From the Brothers Joel.

Truly am happy for him ... he is a solid player who has just been miscast ... now on pace for THREE goals ... if this was an 82 game season ... TWO for this 56 game season 

5 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

... A good display of Armia's dangling skills.  He can stick handle in a phone booth. 

sadly ... hockey is played in an arena
:P ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Neech said:

... It looks like it'll be Mete's chance with Chiarot seemingly breaking his hand on Miller's face ...

Logically (tiny voice in the back of my mind keeps softly whispering: Ouellet ? ? ?) ... but I expect either Romanov or Kulak gets the spot beside Weber ... just seems too much to expect 17-ish minutes 5-on-5 mostly against top six forwards for a guy who has played 5 games this season.

27 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Logically (tiny voice in the back of my mind keeps softly whispering: Ouellet ? ? ?) ... but I expect either Romanov or Kulak gets the spot beside Weber ... just seems too much to expect 17-ish minutes 5-on-5 mostly against top six forwards for a guy who has played 5 games this season.

My gut feeling is Romanov for a few shifts with Weber then Mete who is playing with Kulak gets swapped with Romanov. 

8 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

My gut feeling is Romanov for a few shifts with Weber then Mete who is playing with Kulak gets swapped with Romanov. 

I think you are correct. Mattias Ekholm anyone? Yes, I know Covid makes it difficult; yes, I know the salary cap makes it unlikely; yes, I know that it creates expansion draft headaches...Mr. Bergeron? I want a puck moving defenceman who can play with Weber. Please, pretty please...I’ll be good, I promise😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I was thinking the same 

Danault :  Yeah  I just scored my first of the season, knew it was coming.

Petry :  That's cute. I juste scored my 10th.

Danault : Yeah, but I have all the big defensive missions.

Petry : You mean, like a defenseman ?

• Like 3

Just finished watching the highlights. Looks like the boys played a solid game!

Relieved to see Carey playing at the level we know he can play.

Happy to see Danault finally get a goal after 1 full year!

Too bad about Chiarot. I expect Romanov to take his spot next to the captain and Mete to join Kulak on the 3rd pair.

I think tonight's game will really tell us if this team is the real deal. If they can actually win tonight against the Flames, I will be impressed!

3 hours ago, PMAC said:

... Mattias Ekholm anyone? Yes, I know Covid makes it difficult; yes, I know the salary cap makes it unlikely; yes, I know that it creates expansion draft headaches...Mr. Bergeron? I want a puck moving defenceman who can play with Weber. Please, pretty please...I’ll be good, I promise😎

***IF*** Chiarot is out for two weeks or more, then his IR time would effectively be a quarantine offset in a trade (i.e., Habs would already be without a defenceman for 14 days) ... as long as Nashville isn't on Ben's 10-team NTC list, Chiarot could be included as the (roughly) cap-space equivalency ... he may or may not have any real roster value to Nashville, but they could afford to retain up to 50% of cap-hit/salary and flip him for more assets ... the question becomes what picks/prospects will the Preds want ... the oft-rumoured cost is a 1st and prospect(s) ... I would offer the 1st, Mete and Ylönen and see where the talks go.

26 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

***IF*** Chiarot is out for two weeks or more, then his IR time would effectively be a quarantine offset in a trade (i.e., Habs would already be without a defenceman for 14 days) ... as long as Nashville isn't on Ben's 10-team NTC list, Chiarot could be included as the (roughly) cap-space equivalency ... he may or may not have any real roster value to Nashville, but they could afford to retain up to 50% of cap-hit/salary and flip him for more assets ... the question becomes what picks/prospects will the Preds want ... the oft-rumoured cost is a 1st and prospect(s) ... I would offer the 1st, Mete and Ylönen and see where the talks go.

please, not Ylonen. He seems to be a sure fire snipper

27 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

please, not Ylonen. He seems to be a sure fire snipper

You have to give to get ... and nothing is surefire when it comes to a a rookie AHLer ... hope, optimism, expectations, but not surefire 

9 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Wrong GDT but Chiarot is confirmed in for tonight as per TSN.

Perhaps Mete?

Great game from the boys yesterday! We look good, fast and focus. Dom has the boys dial in big time now... 

what I found most impressive was the 2nd unit power play with Petry, Kk and so on, keep these guys together and our power play stats will rise. 

fun game last night