Game Thread | Sabres vs. Montreal | 12/01/05

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care who is in the Habs uniforms tonight as I have popcorn ready and already chanting Go Habs Go!

Sorry gang, 35 years of saying Go Habs Go and cheering for the team is fun for me. My spirit has never been broken and never will, Montreal will win tonight. The fabulous Habs talk forum is a fun place to be when hockey is being played.

GO HABS GO!

Originally posted by Funk Doc
Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Time for one of the other centres to step up, BONK I'M LOOKIN AT YOU.

Definetly, this is game will make or break Bonk's stay in Montreal. If he cant produce tonight, the team should look at other options.

Bonk was brought in to play against Sundin and Joe Thorton. It is unfair to have Saku have to go up against the Giants as it just wears him down.

I think you have to keep Bonk for a year and not worry too much. If the team tinkers with a small trade, puts Dags on waivers, acquires a Ninnima or another defenceman it wouldn't bother me. Losing against the Sabre, that would bother me.

GO HABS GO.

Ribeiro will surely be given the first line role. Plekanec will keep the second line. Though by the numbers, I'm sure you'll see that the two lines will be fairly even in 5v5 ice time. I honestly can't see Bonk given a first-line role after the way he's played lately. Perhaps the new NHL has passed Ribeiro by, but he's still putting in more effort that Bonk - and that's saying something.

Ribeiro will surely be given the first line role. Plekanec will keep the second line. Though by the numbers, I'm sure you'll see that the two lines will be fairly even in 5v5 ice time. I honestly can't see Bonk given a first-line role after the way he's played lately. Perhaps the new NHL has passed Ribeiro by, but he's still putting in more effort that Bonk - and that's saying something.

This will be Ribs' opportunity to break out of his long slump and prove that he really does belong. Either that, or maybe he'll be showcased for a trade. I wish.

Time to snap that ugly streak. Time for a sabre beating. Kostitsyn scoring on his first shot, in his first shift during his first nhl game.. dreaming. Go Habs Go.

Originally posted by mathieug

Time to snap that ugly streak. Time for a sabre beating. Kostitsyn scoring on his first shot, in his first shift during his first nhl game.. dreaming. Go Habs Go.

That would be sweet! I think there are many Habs that should be wanting to show they want more playing time. Rookies get more ice time which will be excellent to watch.

Originally posted by lazy26

No Koivu, Kovalev, or Markov? No problem! José's due for a shutout.

GO HABS GO!!!

yeah... but we also need at least ONE goal from our forward (or even dmen? hehe) to WIN the game ;)

GO HABS GO FOR SURE!!!

i'll never give up!!! :ghg:

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

alexstream putting Perez-Bonk-Kost on the same line is interesting. Bonk to make sure defensively the line is good? Interesting....

Yeah, otherwise, We either have to put one of these Gem on the 4th (while we need offense! duh!) or To put one of these with Plek... and I don't think putting a Rookie with Plek would help that line, Plek has enough responsibilities as a rookie to take care of himself...

Plek Higgs OK, but Plek Perez or Plek Kost... issh, that'd be too much for Plek.

Very interesting line combo...for some reason...I just don't think Julien is that big of a risk taker, but I'd like to see that amount of speed and scoring....I will predict the following lines, just for teh sake of it, i'm not Claude.

These are not in a 1 - 4 order, they are random you decide which is 1, if you don't completely disagree.

Bulis Bonk Kostytsin (defensive, yet speedy...Bonk can set up and hopefully will) Potential for O and D

Higgins Plekanek Ryder (Give them another game to see if they can gel)

Zednik Ribeiro Perezhogin (might worry me a bit on D, but if Ribs competes, he'll feed them all night)

Dags Begin Sundstrom (D line, i wouldn't see much of Dags other than PP, rotate bulis zednik and others in that spot).

Originally posted by gohabsgo252006

Very interesting line combo...for some reason...I just don't think Julien is that big of a risk taker, but I'd like to see that amount of speed and scoring....I will predict the following lines, just for teh sake of it, i'm not Claude.

These are not in a 1 - 4 order, they are random you decide which is 1, if you don't completely disagree.

Bulis Bonk Kostytsin (defensive, yet speedy...Bonk can set up and hopefully will) Potential for O and D

Higgins Plekanek Ryder (Give them another game to see if they can gel)

Zednik Ribeiro Perezhogin (might worry me a bit on D, but if Ribs competes, he'll feed them all night)

Dags Begin Sundstrom (D line, i wouldn't see much of Dags other than PP, rotate bulis zednik and others in that spot).

The third line is handicapped. Ribeiro and Perogy are softies and Zednik is much better on a scoring line than playing as the checker. Kostitsyn is making his NHL debut; don't plan on a first line appearance.

My guess is this is riberios night, not bonks, although it would be really nice if he gets going. If you guys havent put the pieces together, when is the last time you saw riberio plasy great hockey? When he is your go to guy, remember when koivu was injured to start the year(not this yr), riberio was lighting it up, once koivu came back into the lineup, he cooled off. Just watch and see

Ribeiro might be a playmaker but he's also a hog. He prefers acting alone and being the most skilled player in the line-up will really help him get going because he'll love to be the star.

Zednik-Ribeiro-Ryder as a first line? Not very strong. We might see some crazy lines tonight.

I only care about two things.

1) We will win! That is paramount.

2) The rookies get lots of ice time. Very important for their confidence and development.

GO HABS GO!

PS - I'm hungry for some buffalo wings...

:ghg:

[Edited on 2005/12/1 by dark_faerie87]

If we lose I'll kick whoever drinks tea during the game in the face even if I have to walk all the way to Japan to do it!;)

[Edited on 2005/12/1 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

Originally posted by Mark Napier

Well I was just about to grab a cup of Earl Grey and I'm afraid I can't do with out it!

Looking for a close game tonight. Better effort by the Habs. Think it will go overtime. Dont want to jinx the Habs by predicting a win.

Yup, nothing like a little hot earl during a game. It sort of relaxes me when I am shouting GO HABS GO.