General

Paul Rosies

3 hours ago, tomh009 said:

20-goal pace for a normal season, for both of them (and also for Tatar). Tatar $4.8M, Armia $2.6M, Perry $0.75M. Clearly Perry is providing the best value of the three, and Tatar the worst. My biggest concern is whether Perry's performance is sustainable, given his age.

I expect Tatar to be gone. Perry would be a good choice if he is willing to re-sign at another reasonable cap hit. Armia? Maybe, depending on who else we will have in the lineup, and how much he would be looking for. If we were to trade Lehkonen, for example, I think we would want to keep Armia, who is also useful on PK (he's fifth on PK time, behind Danault, Evans, Byron and Lehkonen -- how many of them will be here next year?).

What do ya think Armia wants for $ ?

I’m hoping Perry does resign, he still has gas and a bag of tricks. In fact I hope he starts with Suzuki with Armia on the 4th

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

What do ya think Armia wants for $ ?

I’m hoping Perry does resign, he still has gas and a bag of tricks. In fact I hope he starts with Suzuki with Armia on the 4th

I'm no good at researching comparables, but Rickard Rakell signed a $3.8M deal before this season (in the flat cap era!) and his last few years' production is somewhat higher than Armia's (although he had two 30+ goal seasons earlier). If we use that as a benchmark, I would expect Armia to sign a contract somewhere in the low $3M range, maybe just for a few years in the hopes of getting more once the cap does increase.

I would think Perry would want more than the league minimum if he comes back. But how much more? Here the comparables really aren't of much help, anyway, it's a question of how much he wants to play vs how much he wants to be paid. And whether he specifically wants to play in Montreal for another year or two.

10 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I'm no good at researching comparables, but Rickard Rakell signed a $3.8M deal before this season (in the flat cap era!) and his last few years' production is somewhat higher than Armia's (although he had two 30+ goal seasons earlier). If we use that as a benchmark, I would expect Armia to sign a contract somewhere in the low $3M range, maybe just for a few years in the hopes of getting more once the cap does increase.

I would think Perry would want more than the league minimum if he comes back. But how much more? Here the comparables really aren't of much help, anyway, it's a question of how much he wants to play vs how much he wants to be paid. And whether he specifically wants to play in Montreal for another year or two.

I would imagine that Perry will have offers from a few teams but I really want him back. 

I’m not sure at what salary demands the Habs should walk away from Armia. Can Poehling do what Armia does next year? 

9 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

... Can Poehling do what Armia does next year? 

No indication of that yet from what I've seen in Laval

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

Would Vejdemo e able to do what Armia does? I think he has played better and that he will be waiver eligible (require waivers) next year

14 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Well that sucks I was hoping with all the playtime he would step up. I haven’t seen or followed any Laval this year. 

Is there anyone ready for NHL? What about that Bezile guy? He was alright in his stint with us

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Well that sucks I was hoping with all the playtime he would step up. I haven’t seen or followed any Laval this year. 

Is there anyone ready for NHL? What about that Bezile guy? He was alright in his stint with us

I agree with Alfredo, I really think he needs another year in Laval, even if there have been a few better games. Hopefully he can mature to a decent checking NHL forward but he's not there yet.

Of the real NHL forward prospects, Ylonen and Vejdemo are the closest, I think.  Then there are Belzile, Blandisi and Weal, who can fill in for injuries in a pinch, but who are not really expected to develop into something more than they are now, and are not likely to seize full-year roles with the Habs.

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Would Vejdemo e able to do what Armia does? I think he has played better and that he will be waiver eligible (require waivers) next year

Similar role, yes. Same level, not yet.