Canadiens vs Jets 8:00(EST) Mar 15 2021

Trizzak

57 minutes ago, habscout said:

Anderson PPG!  Woooooooooooooooo!

Nice to see Anderson back up his words with a great effort tonight!

KK looks good as well. This is how the offence by committee should be working.  We just need to fix he D!

3 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I think they are looking for someone big and mean to play with Weber.  Make other teams not want to face them.  That's my thought on this anyway.

No. No. No!  We need someone who can actually move the puck and is a lot more mobile to play with Weber.

1 minute ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Nice to see Anderson back up his words with a great effort tonight!

KK looks good as well. This is how the offence by committee should be working.  We just need to fix he D!

I wish there was a prospect that would come in, like Suban did, and be awesome going into the playoffs

If only Romanov could be that player, it would solve the lack of a strong mobile LD

... got to be patient 

3 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I think they are looking for someone big and mean to play with Weber.  Make other teams not want to face them.  That's my thought on this anyway.

Weber's already big and mean.  He needs skating and passing as a compliment to his skillset.

Just now, alfredoh2009 said:

I wish there was a prospect that would come in, like Suban did, and be awesome going into the playoffs

If only Romanov could be that player, it would solve the lack of a strong mobile LD

... got to be patient 

Well we did draft Sergechev, but... 🤭

Just now, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Romanov looks great tonight, thanks Ouellet 

LOL

didnt think of it that way, like the ugly guy with the beautiful girlfriend 

Nice hit Romanov at their blue line.   It seems like Dom is trying to get them to make a stand on their own blue line.  I believe Dom might be trying the same at their blue line too.  

12 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

... got to be patient 

It really sucked Romanov wasn't allowed to play in last years playoffs. 

1 minute ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Price can be so awesome when he is ON

The save vs Staszny earlier was vintage Price. 

Good win.

I worry as much as everyone about an Edmundson - Weber pairing getting turnstiled, but if Petry can be Petry with Kulak, and Kulak becomes Kulak+ with Petry, then it's gotta be done. 

Some sloppy moments, but some nice sequences of pressure in the offensive zone too.  Solid win; play the same way Wednesday night (with maybe an extra effort to not take penalties), and it should be another 2 points.

This game makes me think of the type of wins the Habs used to have in the 80s

Edmundson like Ludwig

Toffoli like Naslund

Danault like Carboneau

Suzuki like Mondoi

KK like ... well I am running out players Intemember right now

———-

Kidding aside, I liked the win. It gives us hope 

Exciting game with two good goaltending performances behind turnover-prone D's.  If our blueline made the two awful blunders leading to goals that Winnipeg's did we'd be calling for blood.  As it was, we did just enough to hold on and managed to not take too many penalties.  

Tatar and Gallagher didn't show up on the scoresheet, but were both creating a lot of chances.  If they can start scoring then our offense will look good again.

Josh Anderson (Masters degree from the University of Crash Davis) post-game