Mathieu Garon (merged)

mathieug

After a game in Ottawa on friday night, the Kings will be in Montréal to play our Habs saturday night. If Murray keeps rotating it should be LaBarbera starting against the Sens, and Mathieu getting the start on saturday.

[Edited on 2-12-05 by mathieug]

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by JMMR

Mathieu Garon will for sure play saturday.

There is no doubt in my mind that Murray wont want to give him a shot at his old boys.

He plays or he doesnt play? didnt get your point?:guru:

The Habs need someone to light a fire under them. Koivu isn't going to do it alone. To me, their lack of a power forward is just being exposed time and time again..and I'm talking a real talented character - someone like Shanahan, Bertuzzi, Doan, Iginla..even Tocchet in his heyday. A real knack for scoring and the ability to fire up his teammates with a big hit. Someone with fire in his belly so to speak.

The big thing is that these sorts of guys have to be developed from within, and with very rare exceptions you're not too likely to see em traded. And of course we all know how well drafting has been.

Who knows - maybe someday Latendresse will be that guy.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Great, haven't heard a "Bob Gainey was wrong" thread in the last 5 minutes.

You a funny man. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

There's no place like home...

Nice read

Former Canadien enjoying his fresh start in Tinseltown, but still misses Montreal

Didn't know he was that good friends with bam bam bouillon

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/redirect...newsItemID=4588

Garon had a good game last night besides the second Dagenais goal (which was a pretty accurate shot). But for now he'll only be LA's back-up with the way Labarbera's been playing.

Yeah and the only goal the Leafs could muster up was on a 5 on 3 big surprise. I would have to bet they lead the league in opportunities on the 5 on 3.

And also lead the league in PP opportunities when they need them the most. That is to say when another team looks to be in control they get the PP to neutralize this.

In the zone? Started 7 (.925 Sv%, 2.29 GAA, 30.6 SAG, 4W) of the Kings last 10 games. In his last 4 starts (started the kings' last 4 games) he faced 126 shots, allowing 8 goals, good for a .937 Sv%. Earned LA coach Murray's confidence? Keep up the good work!

After missing one game due to the flu Mathieu was back in goal last night against Phoenix, a 4-1 Los Angeles win. He's 3-0-0 in his last 3 starts with a .953 Sv% and a 1.63 GAA. During those 3 games he faced 107 shots (35.6 AVG), stopping 102 of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad for Garon. He did have potential but it was stifled in the Canadiens organization. He did play for the Canadiens but, I suppose due to insufficient game time, his play was inconsistent. TSN.ca had him rated as a 1A goalie. Maybe in this situation he'll be able to become a true number 1 goalie.

Now..... I'm waiting for the Gainey headhunters to come out of the woodwork. I wonder how long it'll take and how 'bloody' it'll get.

I still believe that Gainey did pretty well the best he could in the Garon trade. He did get a big center in Bonk who does have great potential and he got, in Huet, a man who had a record as a proven consistent back-up goalie.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I'm glad for Garon. He did have potential but it was stifled in the Canadiens organization. He did play for the Canadiens but, I suppose due to insufficient game time, his play was inconsistent. TSN.ca had him rated as a 1A goalie. Maybe in this situation he'll be able to become a true number 1 goalie.

Now..... I'm waiting for the Gainey headhunters to come out of the woodwork. I wonder how long it'll take and how 'bloody' it'll get.

I still believe that Gainey did pretty well the best he could in the Garon trade. He did get a big center in Bonk who does have great potential and he got, in Huet, a man who had a record as a proven consistent back-up goalie.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Gainey did a good job. He gave Garon a chance to play, something he couldn't get here with a healthy Théodore. Finding Danis was a plus as well. Let's hope Bonk has a strong campaign and all will be fine. Huet is a solid goalie.

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Loving the new My NHL. Did you see last nights LA-Dallas game? Great stuff. By the way, did you see who -besides Visnovsky- picked up an assist on the OT winner? You guessed it right. 18 wins, Can’t Won’t Don’t Stop.