Mar. 19, Canucks vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

16 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Agree ... I would offer him $1.125 million (21-22 minimum of $750K + the "buried contract margin" of $375) as soon as allowed (one-yr contracts normally can't be extended until the following January 1st, "that NHL calendar date" may already have passed) ... 50% raise but still provides cap protection for habs (i.e., he can be buried if needed) ... as a 35+ player maybe add some mild bonuses so he can benefit if he continues to play like this next season

This year's January 1st equivalent came last week so they are free to sign him to an extension if they want. 

I wouldn't offer any sort of sizable raise or bonuses at all though.  He's a fourth-line player and the Habs aren't in a spot where they can afford to go much higher than the minimum on those last few roster spots, especially if they're trying to keep as much of the main group together as possible.  And in Perry's case, he's not going be in a spot to command a big raise elsewhere either; he has done relatively well but there aren't a bunch of teams out there thinking they missed out and will need to pay up next year to get him.

24 minutes ago, GHT120 said:
53 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Perry is great and I want him back 

Agree ... I would offer him $1.125 million (21-22 minimum of $750K + the "buried contract margin" of $375) as soon as allowed (one-yr contracts normally can't be extended until the following January 1st, "that NHL calendar date" may already have passed) ... 50% raise but still provides cap protection for habs (i.e., he can be buried if needed) ... as a 35+ player maybe add some mild bonuses so he can benefit if he continues to play like this next season

I want Perry back too.  The analysts were talking about Perry and said that he had offers from other teams but they were all PTO's.   After how well he's doing this year I could see other teams trying to sign him.   Perry was a Habs fan as a kid so its possible he comes back even if he has other bigger offers.  The 35+ player idea is interesting to give him incentives, but that might make it harder for MB to stay under the cap. 

Nice.  Hook on Anderson who was trying to shoot the puck, unobstructed view of it from the ref who is supposed to be watching the play around the puck, went uncalled.  Puck then goes up the other end and ends up in Montreal's net.  If only the refs job was to call penalties, I long for that kind of system.

Oh no. 

The play just before the goal looked very bad defensively by KK.  He went to cover the closer guy but that left the guy farther away wide open.  Luckily the puck didnt get to the wide open guy.  I got the impression that mistake started the sequence that led to that goal. 

2 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Nice.  Hook on Anderson who was trying to shoot the puck, unobstructed view of it from the ref who is supposed to be watching the play around the puck, went uncalled.  Puck then goes up the other end and ends up in Montreal's net.  If only the refs job was to call penalties, I long for that kind of system.

How about Vans rush that started by Byron being knocked down from behind.  I thought that was brutal. 

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

How about Vans rush that started by Byron being knocked down from behind.  I thought that was brutal. 

That was bad as well, but it didn't end in a goal against.  The hook on Anderson took away a grade-a scoring chance and ended up a goal the other way.

Damn, I thought Toffoli was going to score for sure on that breakaway. 

2 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

That was bad as well, but it didn't end in a goal against.  The hook on Anderson took away a grade-a scoring chance and ended up a goal the other way.

True enough, the open ice hit from behind on Byron wasnt a scoring chance for him.

Van definitely had a decent scoring chance on that rush. 

3 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

How bout that Romanov

Glimpses of the future .. and ...
CrispEnchantingCapybara-max-1mb.gif

• Upvote 2

The first 3-4 minutes are horrible

Edit: except for Gallagher’s play on the first shift

Edited by alfredoh2009